hollandfriend

N-400 August 2021 Filers

261 posts in this topic

Got back from JFK Building in Boston about an hour ago. They were an hour and 15 Minutes late but all is good. Oath ceremony to be scheduled.

Asked her 6 questions,

What are 2 cabinet positions

Who is the Commander of the military                                      Reading test was "How many senators do we have?"

What is highest court                                                                   Writing was "How many senators do we have? "                                                              

What did Martin Luther do

we elect a President for how many years

who is in charge of the executive Branch

went over N400 about names, children names ex spouses Birth Certificates etc etc. No questions about if your a drunk or a commie and such. Review and sign here. In and out in 15 Minutes. Guess he wanted to go home. 2:30 appointment got called at 3:45. They let both of us in the waiting area so didnt have to wait outside.

Now to find a new Hobby

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, heo luoi said:

The Oath letter I think is mostly a form letter. Our oath was more local. It said NO guests...etc. But I called.... and they said it was fine. So I'd encourage you to call ahead if thats important to you. But the Oath ceremony lasted about 90s and just bunch of people taking pics.  Didn't even have to recite the oath. 

My husband is coming with me to the oath ceremony regardless, so we'll see then if they let him in to witness it or not.  

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline
16 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Got back from JFK Building in Boston about an hour ago. They were an hour and 15 Minutes late but all is good. Oath ceremony to be scheduled.

Asked her 6 questions,

What are 2 cabinet positions

Who is the Commander of the military                                      Reading test was "How many senators do we have?"

What is highest court                                                                   Writing was "How many senators do we have? "                                                              

What did Martin Luther do

we elect a President for how many years

who is in charge of the executive Branch

went over N400 about names, children names ex spouses Birth Certificates etc etc. No questions about if your a drunk or a commie and such. Review and sign here. In and out in 15 Minutes. Guess he wanted to go home. 2:30 appointment got called at 3:45. They let both of us in the waiting area so didnt have to wait outside.

Now to find a new Hobby

Haha, I got the habitual drunkard and commie questions!   Glad it went well for you guys.

44 minutes ago, CDAgirlMI said:

Glad it went well for you guys.

Thanks, glad but kind of sad its all over. Been dwelling on this for the last 5 years. Now to find a new interest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all, 

I have interview on 4th april in santana. I am applying n400 based on marriage. My Wife is working on the same day and will be busy.  I am wondering What documents I will carry in interview along with 100 questions i prepared. I will carry marriage certificate , Wifes birth certificate which shows US Citizen, My Passport and Tax returns.  What else will be required any joint documents? Also what other questions interviewer can ask. Any expereiences?

Thank You,

Timeline
On 3/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, superhuman said:

Hi all, 

I have interview on 4th april in santana. I am applying n400 based on marriage. My Wife is working on the same day and will be busy.  I am wondering What documents I will carry in interview along with 100 questions i prepared. I will carry marriage certificate , Wifes birth certificate which shows US Citizen, My Passport and Tax returns.  What else will be required any joint documents? Also what other questions interviewer can ask. Any expereiences?

Thank You,

Aside from what you already mentioned, I brought my permanent resident card, driver's license, SSN card, anything USCIS ever sent me from the last 5 years and as many receipts or statements showing residency & marriage as I could.  Better to bring more than necessary than not enough.
My interviewer asked about my work over the last 5 years & went over some of the application questions with me.  

Edited by CDAgirlMI

Timeline
On 3/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, CDAgirlMI said:

Aside from what you already mentioned, I brought my permanent resident card, driver's license, SSN card, anything USCIS ever sent me from the last 5 years and as many receipts or statements showing residency & marriage as I could.  Better to bring more than necessary than not enough.
My interviewer asked about my work over the last 5 years & went over some of the application questions with me.  

should i print pictures  of us ? Also do wife need to come to interview? Because she has to go on work and can't take off because of medical profession. I am not sure she will also available over phone at interview time. Some people i spoke they said immigration office may try to contact your wife if she doesn't accomanying you.

Timeline
On 4/1/2022 at 3:02 AM, superhuman said:

should i print pictures  of us ? Also do wife need to come to interview? Because she has to go on work and can't take off because of medical profession. I am not sure she will also available over phone at interview time. Some people i spoke they said immigration office may try to contact your wife if she doesn't accomanying you.

If you want to bring pictures, you can I didn't bring any for mine.

At my interview, spouses were not allowed to come into the interview room, so my husband did not come with me at all.  So it's hard to say whether or not they will need to speak to her.

As far as evidence goes, I would bring more than not enough.  Each interviewer is different, and can ask for anything.  I brought my binder with as much stuff as I could gather, but was asked for none of it, so you never know.  I also forgot to add I brought my current passport too, which they did want to see with my other identification. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, CDAgirlMI said:

If you want to bring pictures, you can I didn't bring any for mine.

At my interview, spouses were not allowed to come into the interview room, so my husband did not come with me at all.  So it's hard to say whether or not they will need to speak to her.

As far as evidence goes, I would bring more than not enough.  Each interviewer is different, and can ask for anything.  I brought my binder with as much stuff as I could gather, but was asked for none of it, so you never know.  I also forgot to add I brought my current passport too, which they did want to see with my other identification. 

Finally I am done with interview,

I am not sure how long it will take the cermony interview to come :)

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled April 4, 2022
We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review. April 4, 2022
We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. February 28, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. August 24, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. August 19, 2021

Timeline
8 hours ago, superhuman said:

Finally I am done with interview,

I am not sure how long it will take the cermony interview to come :)

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled April 4, 2022
We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review. April 4, 2022
We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. February 28, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. August 24, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. August 19, 2021

Awesome!!!  Congrats!

Mine was scheduled for 5 weeks after the interview.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, finally a positive update after many long months.  Just got our interview letter in the mail today, scheduled for April 23

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

On 2/4/2022 at 1:36 PM, MeliCat said:

We also applied through Newark NJ and are currently showing "9 months" (as of Feb 2022) 

Our paper application was received on 02 August 2021, and the NOA and registration info for creating an online account were issued on 23 August 2021. 

After logging into the online account we saw that "a biometrics appointment" was also scheduled on 23 August. 

We were not expecting this because my husband had just had biometrics taken in January of 2020 (less than two years prior). 

Now over 5 months have passed, and still no biometrics appointment.

Plus our online account says the "case is being actively reviewed and nothing is outstanding at this time" and the timeline for a decision keeps going down each month, which both seem like contradictions if the biometrics appointment is still pending. 

Like many of you who had your biometrics reused, the original estimated timeline said 15 months but was quickly updated to 13 months.

However, I think that later changed to 14 months and has stayed on that timeline until now, because 9 months from now would be 14 months since application was accepted. 

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone else been waiting a long time for a biometrics appointment? If so, does your estimated time for a decision keep decreasing? Does your account say "case is being actively reviewed and nothing is outstanding"??

2. Has anyone else had "biometrics appointment scheduled" appear on your online account, but then your previous biometrics were reused in the end? 

Thanks in advance!

Update to my earlier post about seeing "biometrics appointment scheduled" on August 23, 2021 and still having no biometrics appointment over 5 months later.

Finally got through to a human on the hotline and was told that her system doesnt show anything about needing biometrics or about a biometrics appointment pending.

So that "biometrics appointment scheduled" post in our online account was apparently an error.

The representative said our account showed "FBI check passed" and another security check "passed" and "eligible to be scheduled for interview" on her end. 

We were so excited and relieved when we heard that we didnt think to probe any further. 

Does "eligible to be scheduled for interview" mean that there are no other steps to pass and we are just waiting to be scheduled for an interview?

Edited by MeliCat

Hey guys, my oath ceremony is tomorrow and Im feeling so many different emotions as I finally approach the end of this journey.  VJ has been a safe space for me for the past 6 years - I always knew I could find comfort and solidarity from the people on the forums.  It was always a relief to know that I was not alone.  I wanna thank you all for all youve shared and continue to share to help someone else….it really is appreciated.  And good luck to whomever is still in the process - there is light at the end of the tunnel….just hold on a little bit longer!  See you guys in the American wilderness :) thank you thank you thank you and I wish you all the best.

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

Timeline
18 hours ago, kandikandi said:

Hey guys, my oath ceremony is tomorrow and Im feeling so many different emotions as I finally approach the end of this journey.  VJ has been a safe space for me for the past 6 years - I always knew I could find comfort and solidarity from the people on the forums.  It was always a relief to know that I was not alone.  I wanna thank you all for all youve shared and continue to share to help someone else….it really is appreciated.  And good luck to whomever is still in the process - there is light at the end of the tunnel….just hold on a little bit longer!  See you guys in the American wilderness :) thank you thank you thank you and I wish you all the best.

Let us know how the ceremony went!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.