Lindii

Federal Police Background check Questions ?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, any help and I would be ever so  grateful !

I was in Egypt 37 years ago. I was never issued a residence Visa only a tourist visa, while my ( now) ex-husband worked there.

Although I was there for 12 months + and on a tourist visa, it was renewed from within the country for 12months before I left the country and then upon entry it was extended for another 3 months, after that, I left and never returned. Those visas were granted without question and everything was above board back in the day (1982/83)

Am I required to obtain a police clearance check for there?

From what I have read on the USCIS website, and through my Egyptian Consulate, you need to provide a Residence Permit Visa in order to do a back ground check, and I never had one, as I was on a tourist. Although I was there for 12 months at one time then another 3 before leaving for good and I never returned.

I would hate for this to be a reason to deny my K1 Visa when I go for my interview eventually.

How am I able to get a police check in this circumstance .

Thoughts anyone?

I will obtain one for Australia which is where I live and where I was born.

Does anyone on here know, do I need to supply fingerprints with my Australian Police check?

Edited by Lindii
Mistakes

5 minutes ago, Lindii said:

I was in Egypt 37 years ago. I was never issued a residence only a tourist visa, while my EX husband worked there.

Now  although I was there for 12 months + and the  tourist visa was renewed from within the country, am I required to obtain a police clearance check for there? From what I have read on the USCIS website, and through my Egyptian Consulate, you need to provide a residence Permit in order to do a back ground check, and I never had one, as I was theoretically a tourist.

I would hat for this to be a reason to deny my K1 Visa when I go for my interview eventually.

How am I able to get a police check in this circumstance .

Thoughts anyone?

I will obtain one for Australia which is where I live and where I was born.

Does anyone on here know, do I need to supply fingerprints with my Australian Police check?

You will need one for Egypt.  The requirement is based on length of time spent there, not what your status was at the time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You will need one for Egypt.  The requirement is based on length of time spent there, not what your status was at the time.

Yes, I understand that, believe me I do.

But as Residency ID is required  in order to run a background check that is something  of which I don’t have..unless the tourist stamp applies?

.I only have tourist visas.

Some countries you are unable to obtain, especially not having a work permit or residency visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.