Commish10

Pray for us

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Incorrect

I call the square boxes balikbayan boxes, you even see some Filipinos use them as luggage going to the USA and returning back to the Philippines at the airport luggage carousel.

I don't care that they might be using a balikbayan branded box, it is not being shipping as a part of the balikbayan program. 

YMMV

58 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Incorrect

I call the square boxes balikbayan boxes, you even see some Filipinos use them as luggage going to the USA and returning back to the Philippines at the airport luggage carousel.

A Balikbayan Box is a program for OFWs to be able to send gifts home to family. The rate is a set price per box (from the US maybe $80-120) and there's no customs fees. The set price varies by box size and whether the destination is Luzon, Visayas, or Mindanao. The weight of the box is not a factor.  There are restrictions on what can be shipped but they are rarely checked.  

Boxes labeled "Balikbayan Box" are often used as luggage or whatever but that doesn't mean they are being used as a Balikbayan Box.

8 hours ago, Skyman said:

A Balikbayan Box is a program for OFWs to be able to send gifts home to family. The rate is a set price per box (from the US maybe $80-120) and there's no customs fees. The set price varies by box size and whether the destination is Luzon, Visayas, or Mindanao. The weight of the box is not a factor.  There are restrictions on what can be shipped but they are rarely checked.  

Boxes labeled "Balikbayan Box" are often used as luggage or whatever but that doesn't mean they are being used as a Balikbayan Box.

Dude this is silly

I am fully aware of sending BB boxes back to Philippines, been doing it going on 15 years. Been sending them to both US and Filipinos citizens back in PI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you need a nice place for her to stay near the embassy, this is where we put up my MIL and a family friend for her interview last week.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13885539?c=.pi80.pkbWVzc2FnaW5nL25ld19tZXNzYWdl&euid=ead73ac2-e6b2-3036-3606-f343ed4c9051&source_impression_id=p3_1627794958_xuEwLZbrW7%2BfV2Rc

Really nice place, they loved it and right across the street from the embassy.

40 minutes ago, Rosek said:

How long you guys waiting for interview after DQ for NVC

OP's case is K1, so DQ does not apply.  But they already had an interview schedule for early last year that was cancelled due to the lockdown.  They got their re-scheduled interview date just recently.

My case is IR1.  I got my interview letter from NVC just 3 weeks after DQ.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Chancy said:

OP's case is K1, so DQ does not apply.  But they already had an interview schedule for early last year that was cancelled due to the lockdown.  They got their re-scheduled interview date just recently.

My case is IR1.  I got my interview letter from NVC just 3 weeks after DQ.

How come your timeline isn't filled in?

YMMV

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

How come your timeline isn't filled in?

I started filling it, but looking at it depressed me.  Reminds me that we've been hit by bad luck at every turn so far, except initial IL at DQ (transfer to slow SC, system glitch at NVC, sputum at medical).  I'll complete my timeline after I'm in the US and all this depressing stuff is behind me.  Silver lining in the process taking so long is that my visa category is now IR1...

6 hours ago, JustBry said:

May I know when did you submit the ds260, civil docs etc. for review to get the August 12 interview?

OP's case is K1, so they did not submit DS-260, civil documents, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.