6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife Mari entered on a K1, and is doing AOS now. We received her AP today. We received two identical pages (I-512L, Auth for Parole...). The "Approved" box is checked, the "Conditions/comments" is not checked. At the bottom, on one side is her photo, on the other side is a blank box (not stamped) above that it says "National Benefits Center Parole Stamp". But, above that, there is a rectangle in lighter grey ink that says "National Benefits Center".

Why do we have two identical? We applied for multiple use - as we have numerous trips planned - we don't have to surrender these with each trip do we ?! Or is one intended as just a spare?

Are we missing a stamp, or do we actually have that (above the box), or do we obtain that during a travel?

Thanks,

Lee

COL.GIF Marinela

US1.GIF Leo

K-1 Visa Timeline

05-17-05 : Mailed I-129F petition

05-25-05 : NOA1 date

08-15-05 : CSC says they will look into my delay and I should wait 30 days

08-19-05 : Correspondences sent to congresswoman and senator

08-23-05 : K1 petition approved by USCIS!

09-12-05 : NVC confirms receipt and assigns new case number

09-15-05 : NVC forwards package to embassy in Bogota

09-19-05 : Overnight and fax a Packet 3 response to embassy

09-27-05 : Embassy website shows we have a October interview date

10-03-05 : Packet 4 arrives (still no sign of Packet 3!)

10-06-05 : Packet 3 arrives (days after Packet 4!)

10-26-05 : Interview at embassy in Bogota and visa approved! (5 months)

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

01-20-06 : AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lock-box

03-08-06 : Received NOA assigning biometrics appointment of 30/Mar

03-24-06 : Received AP document!

03-26-06 : Received received Employment Authorization card with errors (argh!)

04-10-06 : Sent notice/documentation of EAD errors (their fault) to USCIS

04-18-06 : AOS transferred to CA service center

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
My wife Mari entered on a K1, and is doing AOS now. We received her AP today. We received two identical pages (I-512L, Auth for Parole...). The "Approved" box is checked, the "Conditions/comments" is not checked. At the bottom, on one side is her photo, on the other side is a blank box (not stamped) above that it says "National Benefits Center Parole Stamp". But, above that, there is a rectangle in lighter grey ink that says "National Benefits Center".

Why do we have two identical? We applied for multiple use - as we have numerous trips planned - we don't have to surrender these with each trip do we ?! Or is one intended as just a spare?

Are we missing a stamp, or do we actually have that (above the box), or do we obtain that during a travel?

Thanks,

Lee

Your AP will be stamped by CBP when you use it the first time...

THe reason why two are given is that CBP is supposed to stamp both and keep one.. However, what usually happens is that they stamp one and photocopy it. In this case, the stamped copy is the valid I-512 and the blank copy is a worthless piece of paper.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter and I (on different occasions) both took one copy of the AP document with us when we left the U.S. for the first time, and upon re-entry, that copy of the AP document was stamped and so were our passports. We only used the stamp in our passports to re-enter after the first time. We kept the AP document safely at home.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
My daughter and I (on different occasions) both took one copy of the AP document with us when we left the U.S. for the first time, and upon re-entry, that copy of the AP document was stamped and so were our passports. We only used the stamp in our passports to re-enter after the first time. We kept the AP document safely at home.

You were lucky raymaga.. The I-512 is supposed to be presented each and every time that you use it to apply for parole into the US. Each time you enter the US with it is a new application for parole.

To everyone out there.. you must bring your original stamped I-512 every time that you enter the US with it...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is PERFERT!!! That what I was just looking for and wondering why these parts were left blank. But I also have an important question. I have already bought my ticket to go to Egypt soon and I was wondering if I have to announce the immigrations about my leave or do I just show up at the airport with my approved I-512L documents and that's it?

Any suggestions on this one would be greatly apprectiated.

Thanks in advance.

R.

--

Thanks,

Lee

Your AP will be stamped by CBP when you use it the first time...

THe reason why two are given is that CBP is supposed to stamp both and keep one.. However, what usually happens is that they stamp one and photocopy it. In this case, the stamped copy is the valid I-512 and the blank copy is a worthless piece of paper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.