EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

522 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Sounds like they are processing people based on their visas, so it’s visa specific depending on priority etc, so for anyone here who doesn’t know yet, just make sure the person you’re comparing to is on the same visa as you, as interview slots will be different based on the visa you’re on 😊

I also think there could be regional differences that they’re not mentioning, ie people in Auckland might be able to go for interviews in early Dec after the move to traffic lights before the border opens on Dec 15th. This is simply speculation as we haven’t received an email and@MelanieR18 are the same category as us and originally had their interviews scheduled on the same date. That or the Consulate is just not doing things very systematically!! We will get our documents organised at any rate. 

20 hours ago, EKT said:

I also think there could be regional differences that they’re not mentioning, ie people in Auckland might be able to go for interviews in early Dec after the move to traffic lights before the border opens on Dec 15th. This is simply speculation as we haven’t received an email and@MelanieR18 are the same category as us and originally had their interviews scheduled on the same date. That or the Consulate is just not doing things very systematically!! We will get our documents organised at any rate. 

@EKT I think you may be right about the regional thing. The email came out in the morning so it was before the December 15th announcement and so maybe they were just contacting people within Auckland at that time. Who knows! Hopefully now that the Dec 15th date has been announced, they will start emailing everyone else around the country. 

It's just good to know that they are going to open soon after all this time, I'd started worrying that they wouldn't open in the red traffic light for a while, the not knowing has been driving me crazy! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm so happy it's opening at least!! I agree with you @MelanieR18, I didn't think they'd open until 2022! Hoping everyone gets their interviews soon, especially you guys in Auckland, you deserve it!

49 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Hey friends!

I think I'm the first so I'll let you all know, I got through the process and booked my interview today for the 15th of December. Keep in mind because we are K1 they will get different slots than IR1/CR1 from what I can tell.

WOOOO, that’s so awesome! I’m shocked they’re doing them on the 15th. AKL is going to be gridlock 😂😂😂 It will be a very memorable day! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, EKT said:

WOOOO, that’s so awesome! I’m shocked they’re doing them on the 15th. AKL is going to be gridlock 😂😂😂 It will be a very memorable day! 

Right!? Any news for you yet?? 

9 hours ago, JoshandSarah said:

Right!? Any news for you yet?? 

No, I feel like they’re being a little casual about the whole thing! But we’re not desperate to move and would be fine with a January interview. We have a few loose ends to tie up and need to sell our house so will probably head over in March.

But if we were separated I’d obviously be grabbing the first possible interview. I’m thrilled for you guys!! Do you think there’s a chance you will make it for Xmas?

Timeline
1 hour ago, EKT said:

No, I feel like they’re being a little casual about the whole thing! But we’re not desperate to move and would be fine with a January interview. We have a few loose ends to tie up and need to sell our house so will probably head over in March.

But if we were separated I’d obviously be grabbing the first possible interview. I’m thrilled for you guys!! Do you think there’s a chance you will make it for Xmas?

Oh okay! I’m glad you’re not in a super rush though, it’s too much stress lol, yeah we booked our flight also yesterday for the 23rd Dec, hoping it’s enough time between interview and flight. Hopefully I’ll be the Xmas present lol

7 hours ago, JoshandSarah said:

Oh okay! I’m glad you’re not in a super rush though, it’s too much stress lol, yeah we booked our flight also yesterday for the 23rd Dec, hoping it’s enough time between interview and flight. Hopefully I’ll be the Xmas present lol

Congrats, but hopefully your tickets may be changed if needed.  That is cutting it very close to have the visa in hand.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Congrats, but hopefully your tickets may be changed if needed.  That is cutting it very close to have the visa in hand.

Appreciate that, can change the flight if need to at no cost right now. 

Just curious if anyone else has been successful in scheduling or rescheduling immigrant visa interviews in Auckland? We still haven't had contact from the Consulate so I reached out to them this morning. We're not aiming for a December interview but I want to make sure we are on track to do ours in January and I assume the Consulate will be closed from Dec 24th to at least Jan 5th like the rest of NZ.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:12 PM, JoshandSarah said:

Appreciate that, can change the flight if need to at no cost right now. 

I really hope they turn it around quickly so you can have a Love Actually style Christmas airport reunion!!

Oh man, this place almost makes me not want to move back to US at all! The instructions (for CR1/IR1 applications anyway) on the Visa Interview Appointment Letter and State Department website is clearly to send the documents to the consulate a week before the interview. Now sending the documents is apparently a prerequisite for rescheduling an interview (and one that no one bothered to tell us, no less). LMF

Good Afternoon,

For applicants who have provided all documents to our office and are located in Auckland, we are currently advising those applicants of interviews available. This is based on the current lockdown situation.

For people outside of Auckland when we are advised we can schedule an interview, if all of the civil documents have been received, we will schedule appointments for them on a first in/first served basis.

I note that ****** has not supplied any original documents to our office and will not be able to be scheduled an interview, until the original documents (per NVC's instructions) have been provided.

We await the documents to proceed further.

We received the same email as @MelanieR18 last week and sent our documents in for IR1/CR1. Which were delivered on Friday.

I asked if they had received them and they said:

We have received your documents. You are on the list of applicants to notify when an interview can be scheduled.

I'm in Auckland, so thought that upon retrieval we would be able to schedule one.. but still waiting. Anyone else had better luck, and if yes, how long did you have to wait? 

Thank you!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, rycilla said:

We received the same email as @MelanieR18 last week and sent our documents in for IR1/CR1. Which were delivered on Friday.

I asked if they had received them and they said:

I'm in Auckland, so thought that upon retrieval we would be able to schedule one.. but still waiting. Anyone else had better luck, and if yes, how long did you have to wait? 

Thank you!!

I'm on a K1 and outside of Auckland and have scheduled my interview for the 15th Dec.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.