EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

522 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I just checked and they still have 1 interview slot available for April 6, and 4 slots for May 4. They seem to only open up 6 total slots (all in the same day) per month.

1 hour ago, Jevin said:

Yeah, we ended up sending Packet 2 documents by courier. We got an email on March 1 telling us that we could start scheduling the interview, but there were no slots available on the scheduling website back then. On March 14 they released a few interview slots for early April and early May. Ours is scheduled for April 6 🤞

Nice, congrats! The IR/CR is a little different as NVC schedules the interview and sends out a letter with the date but otherwise it’s the same with interviews always happening on Wednesdays. That sounds promising there are still spaces open! 

@ztiberiusd in the past NVC scheduled them late in the week of 20th of the month for a few weeks later. Fingers crossed you hear something later this week about a mid April interview🤞 

8 hours ago, Jevin said:

I just checked and they still have 1 interview slot available for April 6, and 4 slots for May 4. They seem to only open up 6 total slots (all in the same day) per month.

Thanks for that interview! Tried contacting consulate to ask if it was possible to schedule the interview for that date but they told me to contact NVC, who I highly doubt would reply in time. 

USCIS

10/15/2020 - Filed I-130 online

10/15/2020 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

03/17/2021 - Case status changed to "actively reviewing"  

04/02/2021 - Case status "actively reviewing" again (with the updated date)

04/02/2021 - Later that day... Case approved!  (NOA2)

04/05/2021 - Case sent from USCIS to NVC

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

04/10/2021 - AOS + IV fees paid

04/15/2021 - IV completed 

58 minutes ago, ztiberiusd said:

Thanks for that interview! Tried contacting consulate to ask if it was possible to schedule the interview for that date but they told me to contact NVC, who I highly doubt would reply in time. 

Based on my (borderline obsessive) research when we were originally waiting for our interview last year, I think Auckland usually does K-1s on the first Wednesday of the month and IR-1/CR-1s on the third Wednesday. So hopefully you will get an appointment letter later this week for an interview on April 20th. We got the email from NVC early Saturday NZ time so Friday US time and it arrived about 3.5 weeks before the actual interview to allow time to book the medical 2 weeks prior and courier documents, etc. Saying that, post-lockdown they just seemed to be squeezing anyone in anywhere they could so it might be different in April but I'll put my money on the 20th lol

3 minutes ago, EKT said:

Based on my (borderline obsessive) research when we were originally waiting for our interview last year, I think Auckland usually does K-1s on the first Wednesday of the month and IR-1/CR-1s on the third Wednesday. So hopefully you will get an appointment letter later this week for an interview on April 20th. We got the email from NVC early Saturday NZ time so Friday US time and it arrived about 3.5 weeks before the actual interview to allow time to book the medical 2 weeks prior and courier documents, etc. Saying that, post-lockdown they just seemed to be squeezing anyone in anywhere they could so it might be different in April but I'll put my money on the 20th lol

That's actually extremely helpful, thank you so much!! I wanted to do some borderline obsessive research on the topic myself lol, but my brain just isn't up to it right now. I'm so burnt out on this process but thank [expletive] the end is near. April 20th would actually probably work out perfectly. My wife's contract at her job ends on the 30th, so that would probably coincide with her passport being returned with the visa. Then she can get straight on a flight!! 

That's super helpful, thanks again. 

USCIS

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

Got an email this morning. Interview scheduled for April 27!! Yay! 

USCIS

9 minutes ago, ztiberiusd said:

Got an email this morning. Interview scheduled for April 27!! Yay! 

Yip got my email for  my interview 13th April!!

Does anyone know what they do for medical tests? 

8 hours ago, Stevi_09 said:

Yip got my email for  my interview 13th April!!

Does anyone know what they do for medical tests? 

Congratulations!!! @Stevi_09 @ztiberiusd 

Please let me know how go with your visa interviews as I’m looking at transferring my case to Auckland consulate by next month. :) 

Also, Any idea if the medical appointments are easily available? I heard CityMed in Auckland are super busy these days.

45 minutes ago, Ash23122 said:

Congratulations!!! @Stevi_09 @ztiberiusd 

Please let me know how go with your visa interviews as I’m looking at transferring my case to Auckland consulate by next month. :) 

Also, Any idea if the medical appointments are easily available? I heard CityMed in Auckland are super busy these days.

Thanks!! Wife will be calling CityMed today to book an appointment so I'll let you know. 

USCIS

55 minutes ago, ztiberiusd said:

Thanks!! Wife will be calling CityMed today to book an appointment so I'll let you know. 

@ztiberiusd Thank you!  Much appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, BahamaBaby said:

@ztiberiusd or anyone else who has been through this recently - could you please share details of what city med charges for adults/children? We are a family of 4… guessing it will be an expensive checkup! 

Per their website, $325 NZD each. 

USCIS

What is the latest in terms of how long it takes the medical to reach the consulate? Would help understand how much of a gap we should leave between medical and interview. 

Also, is the consulate usually quick in sending back the passport with visa in the prepaid satchel? 

Guessing NZ consulate is open again next week - their website still says closed till March 25 which is today, hoping things are back to normal from next week! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.