EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

522 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, EKT said:

Nothing changed in CEAC after the Consulate emailed to confirm they had forwarded it to NVC. I just logged in and the accepted 'Police Certificate' was the PDF containing the confirmation email (with the sentence about the results being sent directly to the Consulate highlighted) and scanned copy of the original Section 14 request. We also added a comment to say that the uploaded information  was in accordance with the reciprocity schedule and included the link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/NewZealand.html 

We uploaded the new PDF and comment after the first RFE and emailed the Consulate the same day. The Consulate replied 2 weeks later and our subsequent NVC review was several weeks after that because we had gone back to the end of the processing queue. You might need to call NVC again to trigger a review if you haven't uploaded anything new in CEAC since your most recent RFE. I hope this gets sorted soon for you guys!

@EKT thank you so much for your insight - very excited to report we got DQ'ed the other day! 

@Stevi_09 - I thought I'd let you know what worked for us if it's helpful. Thanks to @EKT's experience, we reached out to the Consulate in Auckland and asked them to re-forward the results of the police certificate to the NVC. Once we received confirmation from the Consulate that they did this, we called the NVC to tell them that the results had been re-sent.

The doc that we uploaded on our side was a cover letter, the email confirmation, the reciprocity language, and the section 14 form. This was the doc that was originally rejected. We never uploaded a new document - they just retroactively approved the doc once they received the document from the Consulate. However, I also called a few times so that could have triggered a re-review. Sounds like everyone has had a bit of a different experience! So sorry you're struggling with this as well! 

11 hours ago, mcs_2021 said:

@EKT thank you so much for your insight - very excited to report we got DQ'ed the other day! 

@Stevi_09 - I thought I'd let you know what worked for us if it's helpful. Thanks to @EKT's experience, we reached out to the Consulate in Auckland and asked them to re-forward the results of the police certificate to the NVC. Once we received confirmation from the Consulate that they did this, we called the NVC to tell them that the results had been re-sent.

The doc that we uploaded on our side was a cover letter, the email confirmation, the reciprocity language, and the section 14 form. This was the doc that was originally rejected. We never uploaded a new document - they just retroactively approved the doc once they received the document from the Consulate. However, I also called a few times so that could have triggered a re-review. Sounds like everyone has had a bit of a different experience! So sorry you're struggling with this as well! 

Congrats on getting DQ. As we all know to get this far is a great achievement in the immigration process. Thanks for letting me know what you did. This will help me out a lot. I will go ahead and do everything you did and hopefully will finally get DQ and can finally be with me wife. Will let you know how I go. Question - did you go back to the end of the queue once you resubmitted and how long did you have to wait to get reviewed again?

13 hours ago, mcs_2021 said:

Awesome news!!! Congrats on getting DQ!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My partner and I (the US citizen sponsor) applied to a K-1 visa. We both have been living in NZ for the last 3 1/2 years. Has anyone had a similar experience at the Auckland consulate with both living in NZ?

- Can both of us attend the interview?

- How strict are they with intent of US domicile for the sponsor? I have a current California driver's license, a few US bank accounts and credit cards, current voter registration, and a Roth IRA I have been contributing every year. Is this enough as a proof?

Hi everyone, my husband had his interview today and just wanted to let you know what he was asked: 

-What does he do for work, what will he do in the US

-Who was his sponsor and joint sponsor

-Where will we live

-Where was I right now

-What do my parents do for work

-Did my parents come to our wedding

-General convo about our kids

He brought tons of documents with him but they didn't ask to see anything. He said the whole thing took like 5 minutes, they told him he'd passed and they said they will get his passport in the mail at the end of this week. 

If the person who works at the University of Nebraska is on this forum, my husband was behind you :D

Good luck to everyone, hopefully this process will start moving a bit faster now that we are in Orange!

1 hour ago, MelanieR18 said:

Hi everyone, my husband had his interview today and just wanted to let you know what he was asked: 

-Where will we live

-Where was I right now

He brought tons of documents with him but they didn't ask to see anything. He said the whole thing took like 5 minutes, they told him he'd passed and they said they will get his passport in the mail at the end of this week. 

If the person who works at the University of Nebraska is on this forum, my husband was behind you :D

Good luck to everyone, hopefully this process will start moving a bit faster now that we are in Orange!

congrats sounds amazing 😃 hopefully moves a bit faster now 

1 hour ago, MelanieR18 said:

-Where will we live

-Where was I right now

Congrats!!! We all know it’s not easy getting to this point. How long did you wait from getting DQ to interview? Thanks for heads up on questions!!!

7 minutes ago, Stevi_09 said:

Congrats!!! We all know it’s not easy getting to this point. How long did you wait from getting DQ to interview? Thanks for heads up on questions!!!

@Stevi_09 Thank you :)

We initially got DQ'd in August 2021 and had an interview booked for Sept 2021. The interview was canceled though due to the lockdown. I think in normal times, DQ to interview is like a month but lately things seem all over the place. 

Fingers crossed you hear something soon! 

On 1/3/2022 at 11:16 PM, Jevin said:

My partner and I (the US citizen sponsor) applied to a K-1 visa. We both have been living in NZ for the last 3 1/2 years. Has anyone had a similar experience at the Auckland consulate with both living in NZ?

- Can both of us attend the interview?

- How strict are they with intent of US domicile for the sponsor? I have a current California driver's license, a few US bank accounts and credit cards, current voter registration, and a Roth IRA I have been contributing every year. Is this enough as a proof?

Hey 👋 My husband is applying for an IR-1 (spousal immigrant visa) and we have been living in NZ for over 10 years. We provided evidence of the things you mentioned above as well as shipping quotes, correspondence with real estate agents about listing our house in NZ, emails about job interviews/potential employment in the US (for me, US citizen petitioner), and enrolled our kids in US schools. You can also show that you’re cutting ties to NZ, transferring money to the US and closing bank accounts here, etc. 

His interview is next week so I will update if domicile comes up at all. He’s going to go alone and I understand that typically only the applicant goes for our category. It seems to be the same for K-1s from what I’ve read here.

Here's the link to our Auckland interviews tracking spreadsheet in case anyone wants to add or update info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YzUybxu4oaX57nvU42wwKKkTfci3LUaWK59JtN18miI/edit#gid=0

I've also added a column for DQ date for IR-1/CR-1 applicants as this will probably be more relevant than the "documents received" date now that the consulate is back up and running (presumably as usual) again.

19 hours ago, MelanieR18 said:

@Stevi_09 Thank you :)

We initially got DQ'd in August 2021 and had an interview booked for Sept 2021. The interview was canceled though due to the lockdown. I think in normal times, DQ to interview is like a month but lately things seem all over the place. 

Fingers crossed you hear something soon! 

One month be great news!! Thanks again will keep you posted how things go 🤞

On 1/2/2022 at 10:30 PM, Stevi_09 said:

Congrats on getting DQ. As we all know to get this far is a great achievement in the immigration process. Thanks for letting me know what you did. This will help me out a lot. I will go ahead and do everything you did and hopefully will finally get DQ and can finally be with me wife. Will let you know how I go. Question - did you go back to the end of the queue once you resubmitted and how long did you have to wait to get reviewed again?

@Stevi_09 I don't think so. I talked to a number of people at the NVC and each time tried to clearly explain the situation - that the expectation was very unclear and we were seeking additional clarity. I think its a pretty imperfect science though... sorry I can't be more helpful! I do think calling helped though.

13 hours ago, mcs_2021 said:

@Stevi_09 I don't think so. I talked to a number of people at the NVC and each time tried to clearly explain the situation - that the expectation was very unclear and we were seeking additional clarity. I think its a pretty imperfect science though... sorry I can't be more helpful! I do think calling helped though.

So you're saying that you didn't have to wait the full length of time for a RFE response and calling NVC helped expedite that process? I'm currently waiting for our case to be DQ'd after a very simple error in the I-864 paperwork and I'm dreading having to wait another 3+ months for it to be looked at, so if you have any knowledge on how to expedite this... Please share. 

USCIS

10/15/2020 - Filed I-130 online

10/15/2020 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

03/17/2021 - Case status changed to "actively reviewing"  

04/02/2021 - Case status "actively reviewing" again (with the updated date)

04/02/2021 - Later that day... Case approved!  (NOA2)

04/05/2021 - Case sent from USCIS to NVC

04/08/2021 - NVC received case and assigned case number and IIN (notified via email) 

04/10/2021 - AOS + IV fees paid

04/15/2021 - IV completed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.