EKT

Any experience with interviews in Auckland?

522 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kg_nz said:

Ahhh jealous!! We're still waiting... frustrating because he paid for an overnight courier envelope. His flight is on Friday night... we're cutting it pretty close! 😬

Ahhhh fingers crossed it comes ASAP! I did notice your husband's courier envelope was different to mine so might have been a different postal service. Hope the tracking is accurate too ><

30 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Yay just got approved!!! 🥰🥳🥳

visa being sent out tomorrow or Friday 

AMAZING!! Congrats!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, JoshandSarah said:

so happy for you !! :) congratulations

YAAHHHH! Winter Christmas for you!!

Timeline

Congrats! Been following your timeline for the past few months.

3 hours ago, kg_nz said:

Ahhh jealous!! We're still waiting... frustrating because he paid for an overnight courier envelope. His flight is on Friday night... we're cutting it pretty close! 😬

Ugh, so frustrating! Can you track it?

Timeline
5 hours ago, EKT said:

YAAHHHH! Winter Christmas for you!!

Thanks so much!! 🥰

5 hours ago, Jevin said:

Congrats! Been following your timeline for the past few months.

Thanks Jevin!! 

5 hours ago, kas & jewel said:

so happy for you !! :) congratulations

Thanks so much you two! 🥰

6 hours ago, rycilla said:

Ahhhh fingers crossed it comes ASAP! I did notice your husband's courier envelope was different to mine so might have been a different postal service. Hope the tracking is accurate too ><

AMAZING!! Congrats!!!

Thanks Rycilla! What postal service did you use? NZ post?? Or  New Zealand Couriers?? 

Edited by JoshandSarah

10 minutes ago, JoshandSarah said:

Thanks Rycilla! What postal service did you use? NZ post?? Or  New Zealand Couriers?? 

I bought the EasyTrak prepaid bag from The Warehouse Stationery! https://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/product/W2216265.html

So Courier Post which I think is under NZ Post?! 🧐

Timeline
16 minutes ago, rycilla said:

I bought the EasyTrak prepaid bag from The Warehouse Stationery! https://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/product/W2216265.html

So Courier Post which I think is under NZ Post?! 🧐

I can't speculate because I have no idea, but I know I have never seen one of those bags before. My bag was an overnight bag, I paid for Saturday delivery, tracking and overnight sticker through NZ post, total cost was like $18 lol

Hi everyone, just wanted to say that we got the interview letter today! He's booked for January 5th. It looks like they send the interview letters out on Thursdays from what I can tell. 

I'll update our google doc, hoping to hear more of you got an interview letter too, fingers crossed :)

6 minutes ago, MelanieR18 said:

Hi everyone, just wanted to say that we got the interview letter today! He's booked for January 5th. It looks like they send the interview letters out on Thursdays from what I can tell. 

I'll update our google doc, hoping to hear more of you got an interview letter too, fingers crossed :)

Hey, we just got one too for January 12th! I'm kind of glad Jeremy's isn't on the 5th as that's my birthday lol.... but YAAHHH, that timing should work pretty well for your guys, right? What a relief.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, EKT said:

Hey, we just got one too for January 12th! I'm kind of glad Jeremy's isn't on the 5th as that's my birthday lol.... but YAAHHH, that timing should work pretty well for your guys, right? What a relief.

Great news!! Okay excited for you @EKT

17 minutes ago, MelanieR18 said:

That’s great news @MelanieR18 Good luck! 😇

Edited by JoshandSarah

@JoshandSarah @kg_nz @rycilla What time were your interview appointments and how accurate were they? My husband's interview time is 8:15am and we live in the South Island so he will probably have to fly up the night before to make it on time! I thought about asking B for a later appointment but really don't want to jinx this whole process... But it sounds like you were all all just waiting around in line for ages anyway, right?

On 12/14/2021 at 2:07 PM, JoshandSarah said:

2 hours ago, MelanieR18 said:

2 hours ago, EKT said:

Hey, we just got one too for January 12th!

Congratulations all of you!! Such a relief they're finally sorting all this out! 🎉

Here's the link to spreadsheet again if anyone needs it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YzUybxu4oaX57nvU42wwKKkTfci3LUaWK59JtN18miI/edit?usp=sharing

My husband JUST got his passport back, right in the final hour (his flight is tomorrow 😅). PSA: NZ Post is having a mare at the moment and their estimated timelines are not accurate! We paid for overnight courier - passport sent out on the 10th, on Monday the 13th our delivery estimation was changed to Wednesday the 15th. Wednesday at 4pm it's still "being processed" at the depot. He calls NZ Post to investigate and explain the urgency. They can't find our parcel, said it's like finding a needle in a haystack. He had to call 5 times throughout the day today and finally management of the East Tamaki depot got involved and managed to find it and got a third party courier to deliver it at 5:30pm because they're so swamped and delayed they couldn't do it themselves. Had he not escalated this relentlessly, who knows when it would have arrived. SO, if you are in any sort of hurry after your interview, I suggest using literally any other shipping service. @rycilla seemed to have good luck with that envelope from Warehouse Stationery!

2 hours ago, EKT said:

@JoshandSarah @kg_nz @rycilla What time were your interview appointments and how accurate were they? My husband's interview time is 8:15am and we live in the South Island so he will probably have to fly up the night before to make it on time! I thought about asking B for a later appointment but really don't want to jinx this whole process... But it sounds like you were all all just waiting around in line for ages anyway, right?

My husband's was at 10am and he waited about an hour or so I think. Might be a bit risky to try to schedule for a later time, but I'm so jaded by this whole process... I wouldn't risk it if it were me 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.