Murph4865

Passport/visa returned

21 posts in this topic

Anyone who has gotten approved or anyone know once approved know how long it takes to get it back via pick-up in manila?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are picking up at 2GO MOA it is normally 2-3 days after issued.  I would expect it to be close to that time frame for other 2GO locations within Manila.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If you are picking up at 2GO MOA it is normally 2-3 days after issued.  I would expect it to be close to that time frame for other 2GO locations within Manila.

Do you think it can be issued and picked up by the 5th of august? Her interview is tomorrow the 23rd in manila on friday

41 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Do you think it can be issued and picked up by the 5th of august? Her interview is tomorrow the 23rd in manila on friday

I could be wrong, but I believe some of the answers above are talking about when your file online changes to "Issued" it is 2-3 days from that time on receiving the visa.  Those answers above are correct and was exactly what we experienced in February.  I believe ours was 3 days.

However, there is also some time from the date of the interview until your file changes to "Issued".  That is about 2 weeks.  I believe there were some on here recently where it took about a week.

If her interviews goes OK on July 23rd and if her visa is going to expire on August 5th, the Embassy most likely will ask her if she can make it to the US by the visa expiration date.  Once you make that confirmation that you can, the Embassy will do everything they can to get you the visa on time as its an enormous hassle to have to re-issue.  You just need to meet your commitment on getting her into the US anyway possible.  She will need a COVID test taken within 3 days of departure to the US.  PAL has a pretty easy system in place for that.  Also, since we only had 5 days before our visa expired, we had a Plan B, C, D, E concerning flights.  If our original flight was cancelled, we had backups ready for LA, SFO and Hawaii as it doesnt matter where her point of entry is.  

Also you cannot pick up the visa from the Embassy but you can pick up the visa at a 2GO office in Manila.  Since your time is so tight, that is what you need to do.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Also, since your wife will be quite stressed on the day of the interview, especially considering everything you have gone through already, she should write down all of her questions as well as make notes about how long to get the visa and passport back, reconfirming the visa expiration date, etc etc.  If you have any questions you want asked, send her the list.  Take as much pressure off of her as possible.  I do not know your wife, but in my experience, Filipinos dont perform as well when there is alot of stress.  Thats a generalization, but its true about my wife, its true on all of the teams I have managed through the years in Manila, and its true with many of our clients.  Alot of mistakes can be made.  Any stress you are feeling, dont let her know. :) 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

In our case, it was 4 days from when it was listed as "issued" until it was ready for pickup at 2GO MOA.  That was 2019.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Impossible to say, every case is different.   Just watch CEAC status to change to ISSUED ... and remember .. patience

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Also, since your wife will be quite stressed on the day of the interview, especially considering everything you have gone through already, she should write down all of her questions as well as make notes about how long to get the visa and passport back, reconfirming the visa expiration date, etc etc.  If you have any questions you want asked, send her the list.  Take as much pressure off of her as possible.  I do not know your wife, but in my experience, Filipinos dont perform as well when there is alot of stress.  Thats a generalization, but its true about my wife, its true on all of the teams I have managed through the years in Manila, and its true with many of our clients.  Alot of mistakes can be made.  Any stress you are feeling, dont let her know. :) 

She is not nervous or stressed right now, i have asked her to ask them how long to it to be picked up, they say our medical expires on the 7th of august so they only gave us a 5 month medical instead of 6 month.  

4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

In our case, it was 4 days from when it was listed as "issued" until it was ready for pickup at 2GO MOA.  That was 2019.

How long did it take your wife to turn to issued after being approved

For us with the CR-1 it was issued a couple hours after the interview. It was the same day for us. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

For us with the CR-1 it was issued a couple hours after the interview. It was the same day for us. 

So you got all back the same day?  Why are you doing ROC as you said in other post

We were issued the same day. We didn’t pick up the visa until 2GO MOA had it 4 days later. I assume “issued” just means it is being printed. It was still 4 days for VOH. 

We were not married 2 years yet so they got their conditional green card. Now we are removing conditions. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We were issued the same day. We didn’t pick up the visa until 2GO MOA had it 4 days later. I assume “issued” just means it is being printed. It was still 4 days for VOH. 

We were not married 2 years yet so they got their conditional green card. Now we are removing conditions. 

Ah ok, i do not understand something we started medical march 7th six months from then is sept 7th but they say we have to fly by august 7th that is only 5 months on medical. I am highly confused

That is strange.  My guess is they just got the math wrong.  That being said, you should have no trouble making it barring any strange delays.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.