Kai!1

Petitioning Minor Children in PH

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! Can someone please direct me to the thread where I can find the step by step process in petitioning my minor children in the PH? I’m a green card holder. Tia!

I recommend filing online: https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 You must file separate petitions for each child.

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/us-immigration-guide-for-children/

Required Documentation

• Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (signed with proper fee)
  • Evidence of your U.S. citizenship:
    • A copy of your U.S. birth certificate OR
    • A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport OR
    • A copy of Consular Report of Birth Abroad OR
    • A copy of your naturalization certificate OR
    • A copy of your certificate of citizenship
  • If you are a permanent resident, you must demonstrate your status with:
    • A copy (front and back) of Form I-551 (Green Card) OR
    • A copy of your foreign passport bearing a stamp showing temporary evidence of permanent residence.
  • If your name or your child’s name has changed, proof of legal name change (may include marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree, court judgment of name change, etc.)
  • Proof of relationship (see chart below for case-specific requirements)

If you are the... You must also submit...
Genetic mother or a non-genetic legal gestational mother
  • A copy of your child’s birth certificate issued by civil authorities
Genetic father
  • A copy of your child’s birth certificate issued by civil authorities
  • A copy of your marriage certificate to the child’s or a genetic or legal gestational mother
  • If you and/or the genetic or legal gestational mother are no longer married, you must also submit evidence of the legal termination of that marriage through death, divorce, or annulment.
  • If you never married the child’s mother before the child turned 18:
    • If the law of your or your child’s residence considers the child legitimated, you do not need to provide additional information
    • If your child is not legitimated under the law, you must submit evidence that you established a bona fide father-child relationship prior to the child turning 21 or marrying. This should be evidence of emotional and/or financial involvement in the child’s life.
 Step-parent (step-mother or step-father)  
  • A copy of your step-child’s birth certificate issued by civil authorities
  • A copy of your civil marriage certificate to your step-child’s genetic or legal gestational parent
  • Proof of the legal termination of all previous marriages for you and/or the genetic parent or legal gestational mother (divorce decree, death certificate, annulment decree)
Adoptive parent (adoptive mother or adoptive father)
  • Copy of child’s original birth certificate
  • Copy of the final adoption decree
  • Evidence that you had 2 years of legal custody (this could have been awarded by a court prior to the final adoption decree)
  • Evidence that you had 2 years of physical custody (this means time during which the child was living with you and you were exercising primary parental control)
Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.