Zach2015

Washington DC-Passport Renewal

10 posts in this topic

We are finally biting the bullet and flying to Washington DC to get the wife’s passport renewed. We did ROM back in December 2019. We just ordered the documents from PSA. The copies they want of the green card and passport, are they black and white or colored copies? 
We are thinking of staying at The Darcy Hotel. Any opinions of where we should stay? 

I was there just last month to renew my passport.

The embassy instructions don't specify if the copies need to be colored or B/W. I had mine in color and had no issues. I did not witness anyone else who had trouble with B/W copies.

I didn't notice The Darcy Hotel when I was there but it looks like a okay choice. The Beacon Hotel wasn't open for business when we were there. Canopy by Hilton was open and is probably a good choice too.

Edited by Adventine

54 minutes ago, Adventine said:

I was there just last month to renew my passport.

The embassy instructions don't specify if the copies need to be colored or B/W. I had mine in color and had no issues. I did not witness anyone else who had trouble with B/W copies.

I didn't notice The Darcy Hotel when I was there but it looks like a okay choice. The Beacon Hotel wasn't open for business when we were there. Canopy by Hilton was open and is probably a good choice too.

How long did it take you in the embassy to get everything done? 

18 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

How long did it take you in the embassy to get everything done? 

Took me about an hour, which was mostly waiting for my turn at the window. I was there for passport renewal and overseas voter registration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, Adventine said:

Took me about an hour, which was mostly waiting for my turn at the window. I was there for passport renewal and overseas voter registration.

Did you need to make an appointment? Or did you just show up? I went on the embassy website to schedule an appointment and it said there were none available and to try again. Thank you so much for any help!

2 minutes ago, JanessaK said:

Did you need to make an appointment? Or did you just show up? I went on the embassy website to schedule an appointment and it said there were none available and to try again. Thank you so much for any help!

They are strictly by appointment only and refuse to entertain those without appointments. I recommend you check every day around 9:00 am, and refresh every 10 minutes. Slots seem to open up around that time.

1 minute ago, Adventine said:

They are strictly by appointment only and refuse to entertain those without appointments. I recommend you check every day around 9:00 am, and refresh every 10 minutes. Slots seem to open up around that time.

Very helpful. In the meantime I booked an outreach in Vermont...unfortunately a 6 hour drive from where I live. But at least I know I have something. Now I just need to make sure I have all my documents in line because I have only one shot to get this correct. I do not need passport photos any longer is that correct? 

10 minutes ago, JanessaK said:

Very helpful. In the meantime I booked an outreach in Vermont...unfortunately a 6 hour drive from where I live. But at least I know I have something. Now I just need to make sure I have all my documents in line because I have only one shot to get this correct. I do not need passport photos any longer is that correct? 

I don't know what the requirements are for the Vermont outreach, but no, I didn't need passport photos.

Where are you exactly? The PH embassy just posted their outreach schedule and you may have better luck with one of the cities below.

https://philippineembassy-usa.org/2021-outreach-schedule/

2021-Consular-Outreach-Mission-V4-01-1-9

18 hours ago, JanessaK said:

You are lucky. It was way harder for us to get an outreach appointment than the embassy. We logged at exactly at 9am and got the appointment with Washington on our first try. We are not bringing passport photos because they didn’t ask for them. We got our documents from PSA within two weeks of requesting them. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.