Commish10

CEAC keeps updating but no action.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every time I send a letter to the embassy for an interview,  they update the "Case Last Updated" date, but take no further action. So frustrating. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can understand your frustration 

the embassy recd your case 1/2020

i know the queue is long but your case should be right up front in line

The Manila site says the following

A: Please do not contact us to schedule your visa interview.  We will contact you to set up your interview when it is your turn.  We will begin with applicants who had appointments that were canceled in March 2020.  After we finish those cases, we will begin to interview cases in the order that we received them from the National Visa Center (NVC).

So very sorry / Did you have one scheduled and then cancelled because of covid?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I can understand your frustration 

the embassy recd your case 1/2020

i know the queue is long but your case should be right up front in line

The Manila site says the following

A: Please do not contact us to schedule your visa interview.  We will contact you to set up your interview when it is your turn.  We will begin with applicants who had appointments that were canceled in March 2020.  After we finish those cases, we will begin to interview cases in the order that we received them from the National Visa Center (NVC).

So very sorry / Did you have one scheduled and then cancelled because of covid?

Yes, we had our interview on the exact day they closed the embassy, March 17, 2020.

Just now, Commish10 said:

Yes, we had our interview on the exact day they closed the embassy, March 17, 2020.

Also, I never trust the don't call us, we'll call you line. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Commish10 said:

so very sorry,

since they are rescheduling these first,  maybe your wait will soon be over

Best to you both

11 hours ago, Commish10 said:

How they schedule interviews is the question. My fiance’s supposed interview was April 2020.

We received an email last week of June saying they approved the expedite interview on July 15 - that is after receiving an email 2 days ago that they are only doing age out K1 interviews etc etc. And we did not request an expedite interview. 
Btw we are plaintiffs of a litigation against US embassy. I’m not sure if that has any bearing on this. 

12 hours ago, Commish10 said:

Every time I send a letter to the embassy for an interview,  they update the "Case Last Updated" date, but take no further action. So frustrating. 

From my understanding, whenever anyone looks at your case for any reason it will show a new updated date. My wife's changed about 5x  in the last 10 days. I imagine it will change several times once they receive the 221g that we just sent.

1 hour ago, audreyba said:

How they schedule interviews is the question. My fiance’s supposed interview was April 2020.

We received an email last week of June saying they approved the expedite interview on July 15 - that is after receiving an email 2 days ago that they are only doing age out K1 interviews etc etc. And we did not request an expedite interview. 
Btw we are plaintiffs of a litigation against US embassy. I’m not sure if that has any bearing on this. 

It appears that the USEM have started this month doing some K1 interviews that were at USEM between the Jan-March period.  This is confirmed by some of the VJ data on this site as well as some 3rd party data.  I believe US Embassy case numbers processing was just released for May 2021.  By September the July data will be out and it will be interesting to see if there was an uptick.  However, the next excuse by USEM will be the Delta variant as soon as that is detected in the Philippines.  Hopefully your contacted soon, because it will still be at least a several month process once USEM confirms an interview date.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.