gimmievisa

Please help me. Section 11 of i130

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJers,

I have downloaded the i130 form from the USCIS website and my husband was doing the i-130, he found section 11 (attached here) already crossed out on 'no'. At first he thought it was his fault but the form came that way..is that odd?

He want to check on the yes box on section 11. Physical address is same as mailing address. Then on the next section you can see 13b already came filled 'PRESENT'

Sorry if this is a stupid question if anyone can help I appreciate. 

Screenshot_20210712-233333_Drive.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Djean said:

He want to check on the yes box on section 11. Physical address is same as mailing address. --Uncheck No, And Check Yes. Not big deal. And overthink this.

Then on the next section you can see 13b already came filled 'PRESENT'

Sorry if this is a stupid question if anyone can help I appreciate. -- It's PRESENT because it's asking for your most current physical address if different from your mailing address. So if select Yes above, this won't apply to you. Again, don't overthink this. Check Yes, and see. 12a-13b, will become uneditable.

Sidenote - wondering why you are not filing form I-130 online instead. Imo, it's easier, faster, no mailing involved and your get your receipt# faster.

Timeline
10 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Sidenote - wondering why you are not filing form I-130 online instead. Imo, it's easier, faster, no mailing involved and your get your receipt# faster.

Hi @nastra30

Thanks for your reply! I'm confused honestly if it's better to send it online or by mail. We are doing the concurrent filing (i130+AOS). Someone here said its better to do everything by mail. But since you brought this up maybe online is better as pdf editors can give you a hard time and you also get a receipt as you have mentioned. Did you do only i130 online and the rest by mail? And for the remaining forms which pdf editor do you suggest?

Thanks so much :)

5 minutes ago, Djean said:

Hi @nastra30

Thanks for your reply! I'm confused honestly if it's better to send it online or by mail. We are doing the concurrent filing (i130+AOS). Someone here said its better to do everything by mail. But since you brought this up maybe online is better as pdf editors can give you a hard time and you also get a receipt as you have mentioned. Did you do only i130 online and the rest by mail? And for the remaining forms which pdf editor do you suggest?

@Djean I just wanted to mention that USCIS has been approving I-130s filed online within a couple of months. While that does not grant you lawful status, it is nice to get to the interview with your I-130 already approved. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Djean I just wanted to mention that USCIS has been approving I-130s filed online within a couple of months. While that does not grant you lawful status, it is nice to get to the interview with your I-130 already approved. 

@USC4SPOUSE

Thanks for your reply! I'm gladly taking notes 

But just want to know if I just do i130 online ...the rest of the forms by mail..hopefully that doesn't confuse the USCIS officers or delay the process. Is the Supplemental evidence for i130 done by mail or online?

4 minutes ago, Djean said:

@USC4SPOUSE

Thanks for your reply! I'm gladly taking notes 

But just want to know if I just do i130 online ...the rest of the forms by mail..hopefully that doesn't confuse the USCIS officers or delay the process. Is the Supplemental evidence for i130 done by mail or online?

You are welcome! :) If you do the I-130 online, you will upload all the evidence of bona fide marriage with the I-130 and I-130A. Then, you will get your NOA right away and you will include that NOA with your I-485, I864, I-765 and I-131 and all the evidence that is needed for those forms.

No, they won't get confused. 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

You are welcome! :) If you do the I-130 online, you will upload all the evidence of bona fide marriage with the I-130 and I-130A. Then, you will get your NOA right away and you will include that NOA with your I-485, I864, I-765 and I-131 and all the evidence that is needed for those forms.

No, they won't get confused. 

@USC4SPOUSE

I feel so relieved seeing your reply. Thanks alot. I feel like I have some direction now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Djean said:

Hi @nastra30

@USC4SPOUSE has explained what needs to be done above.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.