impactideas

NVC Processing Timeline for Expedite Requests

225 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/26/2022 at 11:30 PM, Meimei87 said:

Hi everyone,

I need to preface this post as showing that I applied 3 times to NVC. The first two times, I was rejected. I called my congressional representative and they worked with me to apply and get approved the third time. Without her help, I don't think any of this would have been possible.

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  February 18, 2022

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  February 21, 2022

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: February 22, 2022

what was your reason for expedite? I tried a couple of times on medical grounds and worked with senator from the state as well and got rejected.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
2 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Has anyone did a transfer of embassy and expedite in one email to nvc

Update... I sent the request today and got a response today about 4 hours later. It was only talking about the transfer no denial of expedite. Asked that i submit the passport information. Will update again later 

12 minutes ago, Mescer said:

Can I request for expedite with an urgent working offer? The position required an immigrant visa (PR holder) due to the US regulation. Any thought?  

You can not apply based on your reason. it needs to be life or death emergency.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

We applied to be expedited for a medical reason and got denied. I was so hurt. It’s so hard dealing with these extended times, multiple rejections, fear of being denied. It takes a toll. Trying to stay hopeful 😔

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mescer said:

Do anyone know what if the expedited request is denied? whether the case will be more delayed or processed normally?

Do Your u process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Update - NVC reassigned our case to new embassy and the new embassy also approved the expedite. Was not anything special. I'm currently in transit

Edited by J&D1008

Timeline

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  March 9th 2022

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  March 10th 2022

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: March 11th 2022

We've been DQed since Jan. 26 2022 and still no interview letter (we've seen some who were DQed after us who received their letter already) so we decided to try to expedite. It was a long shot as our reasons are not very strong (emotional hardship, been separated almost 2 years) but we were approved. Our embassy is Tokyo which I've heard is not as busy as many other countries.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.