Kai!1

Travel to Philippines August 2021

31 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, payxibka said:

The only way I see it going away is with the required use of a vaccine passport 

I see it going away in 6 month to a year at most

All it is you sign a piece of paper stating your did the test and it was negative., I flew back from Cancun couple weeks ago, it's no biggie. The hotel I stayed at offered free test if you stayed there, otherwise it was $15 for a test.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:44 AM, JeanneAdil said:

when returning to US a PCR test is needed 72 hours before the flight

The Philippines does not require a test to enter. I sent the OP all the details in a PM. There is testing once you arrive the Philippines plus a whole bunch of other things to do. 

To enter the US, a PCR or antigen test is ok. Also it’s not 72 hours. It’s 3 days which is more than 72 hours. This is all confirmed in the CDC website on entry to the US with a covid test FAQ section. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Joe Kano said:

I see it going away in 6 month to a year at most

I'll put that right next to your 60+PHP : 1USD prediction 

YMMV

6 hours ago, payxibka said:

I'll put that right next to your 60+PHP : 1USD prediction 

It's finally starting to climb, I am hoping mid 50's again, it at 49.99 today and it has finally started to climb recently.

If US will stop issuing free money to people  for not working, and Philippines economy keeps going into the toilet it may get toward 60.

But now it don't matter much to me I was gonna buy me a new Yamaha XMAX which is about 250,000 peso, and have it registered and title in Philippine a about a month before I arrive, but it could be this time next year before they open for tourism and get rid of the 10/14 quarantine.  If I buy now they may have a updated model with different colors to choose from this time next year.

My relative has an hectare of land that just became available next to his lot, for 5 million peso, he says you can probably get it for 3.5 million pesos.  This is a tad south of Davao off a main highway, I bet you the same land was priced 10 times cheaper than that just 10 years ago.  Land has gotten stupid expensive in Philippines.  As of now after seeing how the Philippines has handled the pandemic with : Lockdowns, curfews, Travel Bans, Quarantines, House arrest for anyone over age 60 or under age 15.  I have no desire to reside there long term, I may spend a few months at a time in the Philippines but it hard to beat the good ole USA and especially living in Texas where we have so many freedoms and liberties that many northern and western states don't have.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:09 PM, payxibka said:

The only way I see it going away is with the required use of a vaccine passport 

Texas Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Government-Mandated Vaccine Passports back in April

Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Government-Mandated Vaccine Passports | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Texas Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Government-Mandated Vaccine Passports back in April

Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Government-Mandated Vaccine Passports | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott

Since when does governor Abbott decide what the rest of the world does?

YMMV

6 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

To enter the US, a PCR or antigen test is ok. Also it’s not 72 hours. It’s 3 days which is more than 72 hours. This is all confirmed in the CDC website on entry to the US with a covid test FAQ section. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Good Catch 👍

This site has great information.  Choose Philippines from the drop down menu then click "Read More".  This updates often

https://infopages.traveldoc.aero/Information/Coronavirus

19 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Texas.jpg

I knew Texas was big but I had no idea!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

And?  The long term forecast never has it going above 54 over the next 4 years.   

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

And?  The long term forecast never has it going above 54 over the next 4 years.   

When I first started going it was 46/47 back around 2007 time frame and for many year it steadily declined. It was close to 40 for a while.  So anything over 50 is great to me and just gravy.

54 is excellent peso to USD, and if it gets there that would be great because that is a great exchange cuz it rarely gets that high, we had a getting 54 back in 2018 before that it was a long time hitting mid 50's

It would be great when Philippines opens back up the peso exchange rate is high, it would make my return just that much more sweeter.

5 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

They accept antigen test as well

Yep,  and in Manila a PCR test costs P4000 or more and usually takes 24 hours.  An antigen test costs more like P1400 and takes 20 minutes and you are walking out with your certificate in hand.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.