one...two...tree

Parking Rights...

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
If someone is standing in the parking spot and they're reserving it for someone who isn't even in the parking lot, then they should give it up, but out here in Cali, an open parking spot is a rare thing and you could end up driving around for 30 minutes just to park your car. It sucks when malls in general don't have enough parking spaces...that's really the issue.

oh the laguna hills mall has TONS of parking! lol

:P Actually it was the Irvine Spectrum Center and this was about 3 years ago. They've since added 2 multi-level parking garages.

People were circling around in their cars like sharks, gunning it when they saw somebody about to leave, and we were already at least a hundred yards out...it was insane. My survival instincts take over at that point....dolphin wins...sharks lose. :P

I was kidding about the LH mall. Does anyone even go there anymore? They should bulldoze that entire place!

The Spectrum used to be soooooooooo bad to park in! I'm glad they've added the multi-level parking, but last time I went it was still hard to find a space! :wacko:

LH Mall - it's only about 5 minutes away - we go there to eat at Rubio's but that's it. :P

The Spectrum - Ohhh, thank God...you know what I'm talking about...it was unbelievable! On the morning of the 4th, we went to go see Transformers at The Spectrum and parked in the multi-level parking garage which has a digital readout of how many spaces available per level. It's really cool now! :star:

BTW, I made your recipe of coleslaw and it was good...but I put a little too much fresh ground black pepper (I didn't measure). :P Thanks again! I love the red cabbage!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
LH Mall - it's only about 5 minutes away - we go there to eat at Rubio's but that's it. :P

The Spectrum - Ohhh, thank God...you know what I'm talking about...it was unbelievable! On the morning of the 4th, we went to go see Transformers at The Spectrum and parked in the multi-level parking garage which has a digital readout of how many spaces available per level. It's really cool now! :star:

BTW, I made your recipe of coleslaw and it was good...but I put a little too much fresh ground black pepper (I didn't measure). :P Thanks again! I love the red cabbage!

yeah LH mall is about 10 min from me as well. i haven't been there in YEARS and years. probably not since i worked there in high school! lol

that digital readout of spaces is really cool! sure beats driving around in circles in that gigantic parking lot! how was that movie, btw? i love anything with robots and loved those as a kid. h :thumbs:

glad you liked the cole slaw! what else did you make? did you do a fruit salad? what did you put in?

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

yeah LH mall is about 10 min from me as well. i haven't been there in YEARS and years. probably not since i worked there in high school! lol

that digital readout of spaces is really cool! sure beats driving around in circles in that gigantic parking lot! how was that movie, btw? i love anything with robots and loved those as a kid. h :thumbs:

glad you liked the cole slaw! what else did you make? did you do a fruit salad? what did you put in?

Oh my gosh, we're close! We'll have to do a VJ meetup!

Transformers was really good! Very entertaining - the action sequences are incredible and Shia LaBouf gave a really good performance. I'd recommend going to see it at a theater with a decent sound system...my chair would literally vibrate from the explosions, but in a good way. :P At the Spectrum Edwards, they had one of the cars from the movie (Mustang Saleen) roped off. We took a picture with our phone camera...I'll try to post it. :star:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow. cool! i missed your last vj meet up because i was still in NY but i'll make the next for sure! :)

i'll have to go up to the spectrum and see it there then! i hope its in one of the bigger screens! it would be even better if they made it in IMAX! :)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline
wow. cool! i missed your last vj meet up because i was still in NY but i'll make the next for sure! :)

i'll have to go up to the spectrum and see it there then! i hope its in one of the bigger screens! it would be even better if they made it in IMAX! :)

I believe we were in theater 10 - the screen was big and the seats are spaced out nicely! The price for a ticket is more $11 but if you belong to Costco, you can buy your tickets for about $8 each/ sold in pairs. :star:

Timeline
i have a pair of regal tickets from costco in my wallet! i haven't been to the movies in a while..they're $11 now?!!?!? :o

It depends on the location. We usually go to the Edwards in Aliso Viejo and I think its $9.50 there. But The Spectrum Edwards is way better. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

When we finally got to drive in, we drove to the only open spot. However, a woman had jumped out of a car that was still on the street and was standing in the spot to save it for her companion. My husband lowered the window and reminded her that because she did not have a vehicle, she was blocking traffic. She angrily told him that her car was "just around the corner" and threatened to call the cops if we didn't keep driving. My husband didn't raise his voice. He once again asked her to move because she had cut in line.

Finally, after she began to go into a tirade, we gave up and circled for another 10 minutes until another spot opened. Was my husband out of line for asking her to move? What would you have done in that situation? -- UNSURE OF THE RULES, BEASLEY, TEXAS

I actually would side with the woman holding the spot. People do this all the time - have somebody hold their spot when waiting in line.

Hey...wait....what did Dear Abby have to say about this?

I think she said she would have shot the lady, point blank. :P

Oh my :unsure: I don't know if I side with Abby, shooting oh my, I think the proper course of action is to pull up slowly and ask her politely to move. If she doesn't I think I'd have to say I pull a little into the space, you know, just enough to assume ownership of the space with a motor vehicle, NOT 2 FEET, and then I'd open my hood, splash just a little water on the nice obstinate lady and whip out my battery cables and show her the relationship, as Mr Wizard (god rest is his soul, thanks for all the lessons) of Electricity to water and how it's much more important to have amperage than voltage :yes::bonk::devil::devil::devil:

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"