"To Wanda!!!" :D

04/16/2007 - I-129F Mailed to TSC

04/24/2007 - Official NOA1 Date

08/10/2007 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2007 - INTERVIEW (PUT IN AP)

02/18/2008 - VISA ARRIVED IN MAIL!!

02/28/2008 - Arrives in the U.S.A!!!

03/15/2008 - Wedding Day!!

04/10/2008 - AOS Package Mailed (almost 1 year to the date later)

04/11/2008 - Received in Chicago

04/17/2008 - Check cashed

04/19/2008 - 3 NOAs received!

05/09/2008 - Biometrics Appt in SATX

05/14/2008 - Case transfered to CSC

06/11/2008 - EAD & AP Approved CRIS email

06/17/2008 - AP received in mail

06/21/2008 - EAD received in mail

01/21/2009 - FINALLY AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar thing happened to us locally - we drove around the car park only to find a woman standing in a spot on her cell phone, calling her husband (who actually was still driving the car but had not even arrived in the car park) telling him where she was!

My husband very nicely told her that she couldn't reserve a spot without the car even being in the car park, and that she would have to move. She did so very ungraciously.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess I'm in the minority here... I'd compare it to having one person in a large party go ahead to a restaurant and place their name on the list. The hostess may ask when that person's name is up if the rest of the party is there, but that person, if they believe the party will arrive shortly has every right to be sat down before others who may have their whole party there.

If someone is standing in the parking spot and they're reserving it for someone who isn't even in the parking lot, then they should give it up, but out here in Cali, an open parking spot is a rare thing and you could end up driving around for 30 minutes just to park your car. It sucks when malls in general don't have enough parking spaces...that's really the issue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Fried Green Tomatoes

"To Wanda!!!" :D

:lol: I love that part of the movie

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I actually would side with the woman holding the spot. People do this all the time - have somebody hold their spot when waiting in line.

I wouldn't. First come WITH A CAR, first served. No holdsies; I hate that sh!t. I'd have just inched into the space slowly while she backed out of it.

This is exactly what i would have done.....while screaming obscenities at her....I have never heard of anything as absurd as this!!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I guess I'm in the minority here... I'd compare it to having one person in a large party go ahead to a restaurant and place their name on the list. The hostess may ask when that person's name is up if the rest of the party is there, but that person, if they believe the party will arrive shortly has every right to be sat down before others who may have their whole party there.

If someone is standing in the parking spot and they're reserving it for someone who isn't even in the parking lot, then they should give it up, but out here in Cali, an open parking spot is a rare thing and you could end up driving around for 30 minutes just to park your car. It sucks when malls in general don't have enough parking spaces...that's really the issue.

Watch me care. No holdsies.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

This happened to me two weeks ago. A man - HOLDING AN INFANT - stood in the parking space and wouldn't let me back in. He used his baby so I wouldn't run him over. Whatta guy.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh the laguna hills mall has TONS of parking! lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
DEAR ABBY: My husband and I were trying to park our car in a crowded downtown lot. The line of cars trying to get in wrapped around the block. Each car in line had to circle around until someone left because no parking spaces were available.

When we finally got to drive in, we drove to the only open spot. However, a woman had jumped out of a car that was still on the street and was standing in the spot to save it for her companion. My husband lowered the window and reminded her that because she did not have a vehicle, she was blocking traffic. She angrily told him that her car was "just around the corner" and threatened to call the cops if we didn't keep driving. My husband didn't raise his voice. He once again asked her to move because she had cut in line.

Finally, after she began to go into a tirade, we gave up and circled for another 10 minutes until another spot opened. Was my husband out of line for asking her to move? What would you have done in that situation? -- UNSURE OF THE RULES, BEASLEY, TEXAS

I actually would side with the woman holding the spot. People do this all the time - have somebody hold their spot when waiting in line.

Hey...wait....what did Dear Abby have to say about this?

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:P Actually it was the Irvine Spectrum Center and this was about 3 years ago. They've since added 2 multi-level parking garages.

People were circling around in their cars like sharks, gunning it when they saw somebody about to leave, and we were already at least a hundred yards out...it was insane. My survival instincts take over at that point....dolphin wins...sharks lose. :P

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I were trying to park our car in a crowded downtown lot. The line of cars trying to get in wrapped around the block. Each car in line had to circle around until someone left because no parking spaces were available.

When we finally got to drive in, we drove to the only open spot. However, a woman had jumped out of a car that was still on the street and was standing in the spot to save it for her companion. My husband lowered the window and reminded her that because she did not have a vehicle, she was blocking traffic. She angrily told him that her car was "just around the corner" and threatened to call the cops if we didn't keep driving. My husband didn't raise his voice. He once again asked her to move because she had cut in line.

Finally, after she began to go into a tirade, we gave up and circled for another 10 minutes until another spot opened. Was my husband out of line for asking her to move? What would you have done in that situation? -- UNSURE OF THE RULES, BEASLEY, TEXAS

Hey...wait....what did Dear Abby have to say about this?

I think she said she would have shot the lady, point blank. :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

surprisingly, no one has mentioned that running over the person holding the parking space is assault with a motor vehicle.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think she said she would have shot the lady, point blank. :P

That's the first thing that crossed my mind. :P

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Parking spots are for vehicles not people. Bicycles don't count either.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

:P Actually it was the Irvine Spectrum Center and this was about 3 years ago. They've since added 2 multi-level parking garages.

People were circling around in their cars like sharks, gunning it when they saw somebody about to leave, and we were already at least a hundred yards out...it was insane. My survival instincts take over at that point....dolphin wins...sharks lose. :P

I was kidding about the LH mall. Does anyone even go there anymore? They should bulldoze that entire place!

The Spectrum used to be soooooooooo bad to park in! I'm glad they've added the multi-level parking, but last time I went it was still hard to find a space! :wacko:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg