shkabaan

N-400 July 2021 Filers

263 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Alright Folks, I have finished my Naturalization interview this Morning at Detroit USCIS field office.

I passed the civics, history, government and English tests But approval was not given yet. Because the I/O wanted to see my I-751 approval letter and that is the only document I did not take with me for the interview. I took a huge bundle of documents and evidences for the interview. And the interviewing officer asked the one thing I didn't have. Lol.🙄

So he told me that he requested the document from California service center for his review. Once he gets it, he said he is going to approve my application. And he handed me the Form N652 with the option checked B) A decision cannot be made yet about your application.😬

So I am now kicking my self for not taking that stupid document with me, even though I have produced the full 10 year green card, state ID and Passport, he still wanted to see that my I-751 is approved.

I have been looking online about the much dreaded N652 and shocked to see so many people have been waiting to get their N400 approved for months, sometimes 9 months or more.

I feel like I have done something so silly yet terrible and could drag my application much more time than required.

So I request all of you to kindly take everything USCIS ever sent you, because we never know what the officer will ask.

Hopefully the officer who interviewed me approves my application soon and put me in line for taking oath. 🤞

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

Hello everyone my interview is today 9 AM.and I was thinking I am the first one for interview.but I'm wrong about this.after security check they sent me 2 floor to wait until someone call me.  After waiting more than 30mnt.i think they miss my name.but within minutes officer call my name.she is very professional introduced her name and take me her room.after oath.. asking my documents DL, passport, Green card.and behind the plexiglass she take my picture.and tell to press index finger on machine.after that asking me questions

When was independent adopted

Ocean in the West coast

Why there is 50

Writer name John Jay.

If the President no longer serve...last one I forget.

After that I'm reading on tablet who was Ibraham Lincoln and write down the answer Lincoln was our. President during the civil war.honestly this is the hardest part for me to use my finger on tablet.

Than she asking me almost all no/yes questions.

And than about our constitution.combat/non combat service.and than at the end some personal questions about family husband.at the end I signed on tablet.than she give me a paper and said I am sending your application for approval 😀

Than I asked her when will I able to take oath.she reply within 2 month.

And I checked my online status.you are in line for aoth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

My interview is scheduled for March 10th and I am slowly preparing my documentation. 
I was surprised with @Balaji_v comment about officer asking for 751 notification.. I totally would not take that with me as it's not listed as a document to bring but now I will. 

Another thing I heard they might be asking for is tax return transcript so I got those prepared as well. 
For those who are applying through marriage, are you bringing original spouse's birth certificate/naturalization certificate?

Also, are you bringing any more documents as proof of your marriage, like joint bank account etc?

Thank you and good luck everyone!

Jun 23: I-751 form sent to CSC

15 minutes ago, aleksabl said:

Hello everyone, 

My interview is scheduled for March 10th and I am slowly preparing my documentation. 
I was surprised with @Balaji_v comment about officer asking for 751 notification.. I totally would not take that with me as it's not listed as a document to bring but now I will. 

Another thing I heard they might be asking for is tax return transcript so I got those prepared as well. 
For those who are applying through marriage, are you bringing original spouse's birth certificate/naturalization certificate?

Also, are you bringing any more documents as proof of your marriage, like joint bank account etc?

Thank you and good luck everyone!

Hello..yes I took all original and copies with me.i know we submitted all documents when we applied but in case officer want to see.remember all important dates/no.

Wishes you all the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My interview was scheduled today at 9:30 am at Holtsville NY, I got there at 8:30am the wait was around an hour the interview was okay.

First thing he asked me if your spouse is here with me today I said no, I didn’t knew he was allowed to be here (nowhere in the interview schedule notice saids to bring your spouse and more with covid restriction) I asked is it a requirement to he to be here? and he didn’t gave me a yes but he said just because your conditional status  was not still removed them I said my spouse is in the parking lot I can call him so he can get in, he said no is fine let’s get the citizenship process done first.

The officer asked me to write a sentence, and read out loud another sentence asked me 6 questions I answered correctly he said good job and he proceed, unfortunately the server was down in his computer and he couldn’t have access to his computer, he asked me if I upload my taxes I said yes and he asked me if I have them with me and I didn’t so he gave me the Naturalization Interview Results I passed the exam but

B) A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION

Because he needs to see my taxes… 

I feel so annoyed I took off a day off from work and drove 1 hour and because their server was down a decision cannot yet be made… 

the office le said that everything was fine and there’s nothing to worry about but I will get notified by mail about an update but all know how lo g that takes… 

N-400 Online 
06/09/2021 Eligibility (3-year rule with 90 day window)

07/08/2021 Application Submitted
07/08/2021 Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent

09/04/2021 Biometric Appointment

01/14/2022 Interview Scheduled

02/23/2022 Interview (Passed the test but a decision cannot be made due server was down and officer couldn't access to my case on the computer)

02/28/2022  We recommended that your Form N400, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review

03/02/2022 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Concurrent Filling for Parent (I-130, I-485 & I-765) 
I-130
05/02/2022 Case was received by USCIS

I-485
05/13/2022 Biometric Appointment Notice
06/09/2022 Case is being
actively reviewed by USCIS
I-765
06/09/2022 Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, DCMB said:

Hello everyone,

My interview was scheduled today at 9:30 am at Holtsville NY, I got there at 8:30am the wait was around an hour the interview was okay.

First thing he asked me if your spouse is here with me today I said no, I didn’t knew he was allowed to be here (nowhere in the interview schedule notice saids to bring your spouse and more with covid restriction) I asked is it a requirement to he to be here? and he didn’t gave me a yes but he said just because your conditional status  was not still removed them I said my spouse is in the parking lot I can call him so he can get in, he said no is fine let’s get the citizenship process done first.

The officer asked me to write a sentence, and read out loud another sentence asked me 6 questions I answered correctly he said good job and he proceed, unfortunately the server was down in his computer and he couldn’t have access to his computer, he asked me if I upload my taxes I said yes and he asked me if I have them with me and I didn’t so he gave me the Naturalization Interview Results I passed the exam but

B) A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION

Because he needs to see my taxes… 

I feel so annoyed I took off a day off from work and drove 1 hour and because their server was down a decision cannot yet be made… 

the office le said that everything was fine and there’s nothing to worry about but I will get notified by mail about an update but all know how lo g that takes… 

Hello everyone I just want to share the update I received this morning:

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

I read quality review is part of the normal procedure and is the last step for the oath ceremony to be schedule so I’m happy.

Good luck everyone :) 

N-400 Online 
06/09/2021 Eligibility (3-year rule with 90 day window)

07/08/2021 Application Submitted
07/08/2021 Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent

09/04/2021 Biometric Appointment

01/14/2022 Interview Scheduled

02/23/2022 Interview (Passed the test but a decision cannot be made due server was down and officer couldn't access to my case on the computer)

02/28/2022  We recommended that your Form N400, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review

03/02/2022 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Concurrent Filling for Parent (I-130, I-485 & I-765) 
I-130

I-485
05/13/2022 Biometric Appointment Notice
06/09/2022 Case is being
actively reviewed by USCIS
I-765
06/09/2022 Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DCMB said:

Hello everyone I just want to share the update I received this morning:

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

I read quality review is part of the normal procedure and is the last step for the oath ceremony to be schedule so I’m happy.

Good luck everyone :) 

Congratulations :dance:

Removal of Conditions:

08/20/2020 (Day 0)   --- Sent the ROC package to Phoenix, Arizona lockbox through USPS
08/22/2020 (Day 2)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received the packet.

08/28/2020 (Day 😎  --- NOA1 notification through email and text for the ROC.

09/02/2020 (Day 13) --- Received I-797, 18 month extension letter with notice date as 08/27/2020. 😇

10/17/2020 (Day 58) --- Received Biometrics notification through email and text that finger prints were applied from AOS stage.😁

06/11/2021 (Day 295) --- New Card is produced :dance:

Naturalization & US passport:

07/26/2021 (Day 1) --- Applied the form N-400 online and got the receipt notice.

07/28/2021 (Day 3) --- Received Biometrics notification in USCIS online account that finger prints were reused.😁

12/20/2021 (Day 148) --- Received online notification that Interview is scheduled for 01/27/2022 at Detroit USCIS Field Office.:dance:

01/27/2022 (Day 186)   --- Interview was successful but not given out right approval due to A-file not being available.

04/07/2022 (Day 256) --- Received notification that I am in line for Oath ceremony and it will be scheduled :dance:

04/11/2022 (Day 260)   --- Received notification that Oath ceremony was scheduled and notice was mailed. :jest:

04/26/2022 (Day 275) --- Oath Ceremony.:jest: Became a US Citizen and received the Certificate of Naturalization. 🥰

05/11/2022 (Day 290) -- Applied for US passport at USPS.

05/18/2022 (Day 297) -- State Department site status says my Passport application is received and in progress and was given a locator number starting with 34.🤞

I had all my original docs what I uploaded in my USCIS account. Officer asked me only DMV, passport and tax transcript. English reading writing test happened followed by six questions. Don't remember any now. Then Yes/No questions. Officer approved it right there. Brought my cert and made me take oath in his office.  He was very professional and nice. Contrasting to what I read here, officer told me to update the SSA first then DMV and then passport application. I did exactly the way he said. My passport is under process now and I will be done. Overall, great experience. 

Hello everyone,

Just sharing my journey.

I applied last July 14,2021. Interview was scheduled this morning, March 1, in San Bernardino, CA.

My appointment was 1:30 PM but wasn’t interviewed until 3:40 PM.

The interview was a breeze, officer was friendly. After the 6th question, I was told I passed the civics test and was given the yes/no questions. No documents were checked, only the green card.

Then after about 15 mins, I was told my picture had to be retaken since the one I have on file was 5 years old, then officer took my picture.

She then told me to go down and attend the Oath taking downstairs, to my sheer delight that it was a same day oath ceremony. By 4:20 PM, I was handed my certificate.

My immigration journey has ended. Good luck to everyone!

Josh

Anaheim, CA

Edited by hopeful14

43 minutes ago, hopeful14 said:

Hello everyone,

Just sharing my journey.

I applied last July 14,2021. Interview was scheduled this morning, March 1, in San Bernardino, CA.

My appointment was 1:30 PM but wasn’t interviewed until 3:40 PM.

The interview was a breeze, officer was friendly. After the 6th question, I was told I passed the civics test and was given the yes/no questions. No documents were checked, only the green card.

Then after about 15 mins, I was told my picture had to be retaken since the one I have on file was 5 years old, then officer took my picture.

She then told me to go down and attend the Oath taking downstairs, to my sheer delight that it was a same day oath ceremony. By 4:20 PM, I was handed my certificate.

My immigration journey has ended. Good luck to everyone!

Josh

Anaheim, CA

Congrats, Josh!
When did you get your notice of interview?Also do you have any idea why they didn’t interview you in Santa Ana office (which is closer to Anaheim) and they interviewed you in San Bernardino? 

Edited by Shaneboy

6 hours ago, Shaneboy said:

Congrats, Josh!
When did you get your notice of interview?Also do you have any idea why they didn’t interview you in Santa Ana office (which is closer to Anaheim) and they interviewed you in San Bernardino? 

Hello,

I received the interview notice last Jan. 25. I also don’t know why it was in San Bernardino because I had my green card interview in Santa Ana. Maybe because it’s a tad bigger than Santa Ana.

To add, before I got the interview notice, last December 6, I received a text that there was an an update on my application, but when I logged in, the status was the same and was the same for a few weeks until that interview schedule.

Interview scheduled! 🙌

Got a notification last night (3/2) that my interview was scheduled for 04/21 in Atlanta. Now to prep for the test and get all the documents together.

Glad to see some movement here.

Question for those who had interview, which test did they ask from?

I understand there are two different questionaries out there and from my understanding you can pick which one you want?

Jun 23: I-751 form sent to CSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, aleksabl said:

Glad to see some movement here.

Question for those who had interview, which test did they ask from?

I understand there are two different questionaries out there and from my understanding you can pick which one you want?

They use the list of 100 questions .. the earlier version .. 2008 I think.. not the more recent 2018 ? version  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.