SandyD

i-864 questions

13 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, SandyD said:

Do we need to upload the 2020 tax return or updated financial documents for affidavit of support? It got approved but with 2019 tax return and now we are in 2020. And my parents just got IR5 interview next month or do we just bring it to interview

Bring to the interview.  Tax return transcript would be better.

• 3 weeks later...

The tax transcript for 2020 tax year has the total income field lowered by $10,200 because I received unemployment last year. So my total income is $20k with w2 and unemployment but my actual income is $30,200. Since the IR5 interview is next week, besides printing the 2020 tax transcript for the petitioner, do you think it is necessary to also attach the 1099 for the unemployment income and w2 for that year too or tax transcript enough?

On 7/2/2021 at 6:20 PM, Chancy said:

No -- the 2020 tax return or transcript is required.  The 2019 and 2018 tax paperwork may also be submitted in addition to those for 2020, but they cannot be used in lieu of the tax filing for 2020.

Again, if you are employed by a company, neither your 2020 nor 2019 returns reflect your CURRENT income.  Like I said above, that's your PAST income.  Here's what the I-864 instructions actually say about supporting evidence for current income -- https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf

"[...] you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income."

I was wondering I had a I-864ez that was approved in late 2018 by NVC but my father has a IR5 interview next week. Do I bring my old I-864ez form that I uploaded or would I make a new one? Some people say just bring new tax transcript for 2019 and 2020.  And if I need to bring a new one would it be ok if I use the I-864 form instead of the EZ so I can also include my assets?

Also, I got $22k in unemployment income last year and $8k in w2, but on tax transcript the total income line shows the amount reduced by $10,200. Should I also attach my w2 and 1099 from unemployment to tax transcript for 2020 when bringing to interview?I do have the latest paystubs for the past 6 months that I can bring which is normal income of $3000 per month

Edited by SandyD

On 7/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, Dashinka said:

You should start with the latest tax year.  If you just put 2019 as your current income, it will raise questions as current income is important.

Good Luck!

I was wondering I had a I-864ez that was approved in late 2018 by NVC but my father has a IR5 interview next week. Do I bring my old I-864ez form that I uploaded or would I make a new one? Some people say just bring new tax transcript for 2019 and 2020.  And if I need to bring a new one would it be ok if I use the I-864 form instead of the EZ so I can also include my assets?

Also, I got $22k in unemployment income last year and $8k in w2, but on tax transcript the total income line shows the amount reduced by $10,200. Should I also attach my w2 and 1099 from unemployment to tax transcript for 2020 when bringing to interview?I do have the latest paystubs for the past 6 months that I can bring which is normal income of $3000 per month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, SandyD said:

The tax transcript for 2020 tax year has the total income field lowered by $10,200 because I received unemployment last year. So my total income is $20k with w2 and unemployment but my actual income is $30,200. Since the IR5 interview is next week, besides printing the 2020 tax transcript for the petitioner, do you think it is necessary to also attach the 1099 for the unemployment income and w2 for that year too or tax transcript enough?

Doesn't matter what your last years income was.  What is your income today?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Doesn't matter what your last years income was.  What is your income today?

it is $3k per month currently in 2021. However if I do fill out an updated i-864 form it asks for income in 2020 and I am not sure if I should include the total income with unemployment minus $10,200 (as shown on transcript under total income) or total income with unemployment (as shown on transcript under total positive income per computer).

The actuality is that I did receive all the unemployment and and w2 in 2020 but congress pass a law in 2021 making the first $10,200 of unemployment income not taxable so the tax transcript took this into consideration under the total income line but the total positive income per computer line is more accurate.

All I can do is attach a 1099 and the w2 which will verify the income amount, but not sure how smart the consular officer is and don't want to be accused of lying if I fill out this incorrectly  for the IR5 interview

Edited by SandyD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SandyD said:

it is $3k per month currently in 2021. However if I do fill out an updated i-864 form it asks for income in 2020 and I am not sure if I should include the total income with unemployment minus $10,200 (as shown on transcript under total income) or total income with unemployment (as shown on transcript under total positive income per computer).

The actuality is that I did receive all the unemployment and and w2 in 2020 but congress pass a law in 2021 making the first $10,200 of unemployment income not taxable so the tax transcript took this into consideration under the total income line but the total positive income per computer line is more accurate.

All I can do is attach a 1099 and the w2 which will verify the income amount, but not sure how smart the consular officer is and don't want to be accused of lying if I fill out this incorrectly  for the IR5 interview

They don't care about your 2020 income other than you write it down.  What they give a ratsass about what you put and can document for Part 6, Item 20

YMMV

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, SandyD said:

Submitted i-864 ez in 2019 and was approved in 2019 by NVC but now it is 2021 do i need to bring new i-864 form? Or would I just bring updated tax transcript for tax year 2019 and 2020? and new paystubs for this year for IR5 interview

I have the same query about i-864 

Edited by shakil807g

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

May not be asked about it but be prepared and bring the latest i864 along with tax return docs and paystubs just in case. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

On 7/6/2021 at 8:14 AM, SandyD said:

do i need to bring new i-864 form? Or would I just bring updated tax transcript for tax year 2019 and 2020? and new paystubs for this year for IR5 interview

2020 tax transcript is required, so bring that to the interview for sure.  2019 tax transcript is optional.

I also recommend bringing an updated I-864 showing your current annual income for 2021 and recent paystubs as supporting evidence of that 2021 income.

• Ban Hammer changed the title to i-864 questions
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple threads on related topics merged into one.

do not start multiple topics on the same subject as that is considered spamming

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.