40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
It didn't come :( :( :( hope is... lost.......

I 'hope' this was said tongue-in-cheek, because if not, to make such a statement when your adjustment was filed a bit more than 60 days ago is a bit extreme.

I realize you all want to support each other, but for pity sake, what about the rest of the members here (and there are lots of them) who have been waiting far far longer?

I bet every single one of you posted about how your immigration journeys would all be so easy once the visas were granted and you 'were together for good'. Now you are stressing over your very short AOS timelines.

I personally don't understand. I do wish you all well, really I do, but I also think you are being very inconsiderate of much of the rest of this community.

Edited by rebeccajo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I 'hope' this was said tongue-in-cheek, because if not, to make such a statement when your adjustment was filed a bit more than 60 days ago is a bit extreme.

I realize you all want to support each other, but for pity sake, what about the rest of the members here (and there are lots of them) who have been waiting far far longer?

I bet every single one of you posted about how your immigration journeys would all be so easy once the visas were granted and you 'were together for good'. Now you are stressing over your very short AOS timelines.

I personally don't understand. I do wish you all well, really I do, but I also think you are being very inconsiderate of much of the rest of this community.

I know I'm one of the "newbie" filers (May '07) and seeing as I've only been in the AOS process a couple of months so far, I can't even begin to imagine what those who have been waiting for several months or even years are going through. With that in mind, I still have to say that I strongly agree with rebeccajo's post. I know how stressful this process can be no matter what the timeline, but it seems to me some of you are exaggerating just a tad and being very impatient. Have you all forgotten this is USCIS we are dealing with?

I know I'm one of the "newbie" filers (May '07) and seeing as I've only been in the AOS process a couple of months so far, I can't even begin to imagine what those who have been waiting for several months or even years are going through. With that in mind, I still have to say that I strongly agree with rebeccajo's post. I know how stressful this process can be no matter what the timeline, but it seems to me some of you are exaggerating just a tad and being very impatient. Have you all forgotten this is USCIS we are dealing with?

Having finally worked out what 'ITA' means, I'd like to say that I am in it with the above. C'mon, people... :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

In support of Jimmy, he's seen that most people on this site tend to get their green card within a few days of the the "Approval notice sent" email, as that usually indicates that the Green Card has actually been mailed. I think in this case its perfectly reasonable to be worried about why your Green Card hasn't shown up after a week or so of getting this message, especially as the answer might be that it was lost in the mail that can cause all sorts of problems. I know some people went through years of pain and suffering to get their Green Cards, but that doesn't mean that people can't stress out at any stage or time in the process.

Hopefully Jimmy's Green Card is a victim of the press release that recently came out of USCIS, and it will be resolved by the email.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Didn't come ... There is today though.... and I'm listening closley for the mail person, the only problem is when I miss them because half the time we get no mail at all! So I'll wonder if they've come or not still! arg.

Anyways Fingures still crossed ................ :wacko::wacko::blink::blink::wacko::wacko::angry:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

Case Transfered to California April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

Transfered notices in hand (Snail Mail style) April 20/07

Case "pending" in CSC May 16/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

Card Production Ordered 10:45 AM on June 19/07

Approval Notice Sent June 22/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

Mail Returned Undeliverable (saying mean words under my breathe) July 11th

Card Resent, Card had errors (long story...)

Card Sent Pack to them...

Has to go Back through FBI Name check

Card Production REORDERED Aug 22/07

Timeline

nope not today either............... :(

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

I really hope it does come soon and is not lost jimmy!

By the way,

I have to say I tend to agree with Dr Lha, just because you haven't been waiting a long time doesn't mean smaller issues don't worry you. It is not meant to be offense to any members who are or have waited a long time for their green cards.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

I really hope it does come soon and is not lost jimmy!

By the way,

I have to say I tend to agree with Dr Lha, just because you haven't been waiting a long time doesn't mean smaller issues don't worry you. It is not meant to be offense to any members who are or have waited a long time for their green cards.

I've been here a long time. VJ has grown. A LOT. There are soooooooooo many experiences out here to read about and take in. From A LOT of members.

As this growth has occurred, it seems to me a very strange thing has happened. It's almost as if members' views have become smaller and more focused. Cliques have formed and I'm not talking about social clubs. I'm talking about 'hanging out' with people who not only are processing the same visa type as you are, but from the same country, and in a similar situation. Members seem to be limiting themselves to this type of interaction, and not experiencing the big wide world of VJ.

Where's the love people? There are so many people on here to meet - so many situations and stories to discover. If you venture outside your 'clique' you see other people who have it either tougher or easier than you. You have a bigger appreciation for the scope of immigration and the impact it has lives and loves.

I'd never suggest a member shouldn't be keen on keeping an eye on documents that should be arriving any day, or be anything less than pro-active about their case. This is an FYI site and if we don't follow up on our own stuff, nobody else is going too. I'm only suggesting that before you get too worked up over something - look around you. It's the same kind of advice that applies to any life situation - there's always another guy out there with a worse problem or a more interesting story.

Our egos should never be bigger than our hearts. When that happens, we lose touch with the world around us and eventually that world caves in. That's how I see things anyway.

Edited by rebeccajo

Very eloquotently put but I'm not really sure who or what you're going on about?

I still think the OP has a legitimate reason to be concerned, regardless of how short a time he's been on "the path".

I agree with what you say RJ, I really do. I look and read all over this site, I just don't post everywhere due to the fact that I am limited in my knowledge and I see no point in posting somewhere where I'd either repeat the same thing or have nothing of value to say.

Anyway, I was showing the love personally. I feel very badly for those who wait a long long time for their green cards, but I also feel bad for the people waiting a little while for something that bothers them, and sometimes I personally feel that is sometimes looked down upon by others.

But, I truly hope that the OP's green card will come soon :thumbs:

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Very eloquotently put but I'm not really sure who or what you're going on about?

LOL. I dunno. Maybe I miss the old VJ where we had friends from all over and REALLY supported each other. We 'tough loved' each other too - told people to 'chill' when they needed to hear it.

*shrugs* It's a different place around here now, Doc. I imagine, for new members, that it's very hard to find information and anecdotal evidence that compares to their current concern. The site is just so very very big and I kinda feel sorry for the newer members trying to sift through everything.

Back when it was easier to 'sift', it was easier to find out what was panic worthy and what wasn't. And it was also a whole lot easier to find a member with a bigger mess than you had.

I just think things are very different now. It's hard to explain, I guess.

I do too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

LOL. I dunno. Maybe I miss the old VJ where we had friends from all over and REALLY supported each other. We 'tough loved' each other too - told people to 'chill' when they needed to hear it.

*shrugs* It's a different place around here now, Doc. I imagine, for new members, that it's very hard to find information and anecdotal evidence that compares to their current concern. The site is just so very very big and I kinda feel sorry for the newer members trying to sift through everything.

Back when it was easier to 'sift', it was easier to find out what was panic worthy and what wasn't. And it was also a whole lot easier to find a member with a bigger mess than you had.

I just think things are very different now. It's hard to explain, I guess.

I do too.

FWIW, I agree. I considered myself blessed for my husband to receive his papers so quickly, but my heart breaks for those who aren't so lucky.

The cliquey aspect is even worse than when I first joined. "Club Columbia," May Filers, April Filers, etc etc.

The good thing about VJ was that people were supportive ... even if you got approved quickly and they hadn't, you got a congratulations. A close family friend who is turning into a family irritant who got her papers through the green card lottery (which I won't even go into my issues involving that), only brought bad will when she found out about my husband getting approved so quickly. "THAT'S WRONG, you're SUPPOSED to get your employment authorization BEFORE you get the green card, it must be because you two are YOUNG..." that kind of b/s. Now that my husband's cousin (who came here completely intending to immigrate and marry whoever would have her, married a man she can barely communicate with, so I wouldn't feel one bit bad if she got denied), is still waiting for her EAD and it's almost been three months, family irritant is starting up again, telling us "SEE, it was WRONG that you guys got so LUCKY!"

Anyway, I guess my point is I wish VJ could be more of a support through the journey than it is now. People stick together so closely, they fail to see the larger picture, that we're all going for the same end goal. Then bitterness is created in those that have waited more than 2 or 3 months, because that person who's waited less than 60 days is acting all entitlement minded.

If someone is that worried about their green card, instead of posting "all hope is lost..." on an internet message board, make an InfoPass appointment. And I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Timeline
If someone is that worried about their green card, instead of posting "all hope is lost..." on an internet message board, make an InfoPass appointment. And I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

Amen to that. Instead of the OP posting about their daily mail goings-on, make a dang infopass appt. VJ sheesh.

:wacko:

Edited by devilette

Timeline

I have several things I really feel need to be said. I've been busy this week, and just got a chance to catch up on all that's been said.

I trully feel terrible for people who wait an extremely long time to be approved. I expected to have to wait atleast until January to be approved myself. I had already told my family I wouldn't be able to come up and visit them at all until the next year. I did not apply for an EAD either, so I continue to fill my time will volunteering, etc. When I was approved, I, as everyone does, was VERY excited. Suddenly the whole country of possibilities opened put to me. I realize I may have the opportunity to travel to our cabin with my family, and when my husband travels oversees with work, I would now have the opportunity to join him! Than when I saw the speed people were receiving there green cards in I became even MORE excited! But my card didn't come, and I found out it may not even be in the mail due to a 'problem' at CSC. My heart sank. I KNOW alot of people are in a worse situation than I, and I in no way mean to down play that. I just really miss my family, and you spend so much time not knowing when you'll see them again, than suddenly you realize, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SOON, than you're forced to shift back to having no idea when... it's hard, and i"m sorry you don't feel I have a right to be concered about the posibility of my card being lost in the mail, or it not being produced at all due to an error (as read in the press release section of uscis.gov)

Until last week, everytime I used VJ i felt NO personal connection at all. I felt no connection with anyone at all. until DR_LHA, and Flutter started taking a personal concern to my situation. I felt I could share how I was feeling and what was going on, aparantly I was wrong?

I shared my daily happens, because I actually felt someone out there that UNDERSTANDS, CARED about my daily struggle. All us without a green card of EAD sitting at home passing the time just waiting to feel a bit more accepted by this country... that's how I feel anyways.

If I honestly offended you by sharing these things, or if my looking to see if ANYONE else was in the same situation as me (if you look back at the beginning this is why I posted.. I was looking for others in the same situation) I apologize.

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

Timeline

Regarding making an infopass appointment: Don't expect others to post what you're thinking. If YOU think that an info pass appointment should be made, skip griping that others having sugguested it, just suggest it yourself.

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.