7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone! Please, I am looking for someone who has experience with (k1) living in CALIFRONIA, to guide me on what the next steps after into the USA and what is the form I need to do the Adjustement Visa from K1 to C9. Thank you in advance 

you-can-help_lg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only part California plays in this is getting married part 

Immigration is federal not by state

the above site (guides)  has step by step what to do for the EAD (work authoriztaion) the AOS,  and AP (advance parole in case person has to go out of the country)

look  under this topic

US Citizen and Spouse both live/reside in the US:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

The only part California plays in this is getting married part 

Immigration is federal not by state

the above site (guides)  has step by step what to do for the EAD (work authoriztaion) the AOS,  and AP (advance parole in case person has to go out of the country)

look  under this topic

US Citizen and Spouse both live/reside in the US:

Thank you so much for your help, The process changes between the states I think, just want who can guide me to the right way what I need if I want to do the married is there some State asking for ID, so I need to create the Real ID after 2 days enter into the USA if that is Yes what I need to get My Real ID before to get married, my fiance

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Your passport is the ID. No State will mandate for Real ID or Nondriver ID or DL for marriage. Any ID will work.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Hichambiza said:

Thank you so much for your help, The process changes between the states I think, just want who can guide me to the right way what I need if I want to do the married is there some State asking for ID, so I need to create the Real ID after 2 days enter into the USA if that is Yes what I need to get My Real ID before to get married, my fiance

if still in the 90 day period ,  apply for the SS card using your stamped passport of K1 and the I 94 given to you at POE

OR you will have to wait a long time to get the SS #

also if under 26 and male ,  you need to register at post office for selective service

To marry in CA

• To marry in California, the two parties may not be already married to each other or other individuals.
  • Both parties must bring in a valid ID (i.e. driver’s license, military ID, passport, or green card, etc).
  • Legal Age Without Parental Consent: 18.
  • Same Sex Marriage: Yes.
  • Waiting Period: None.
  • Blood Test Requirement: Not Required.
  • Residency: Not Required.
  • License Validity: 90 Days.
  • Witnesses: The public marriage license requires the signature of one witness, and if desired, has a place for an additional witness. No more than two witnesses may sign on the public marriage license. Only one signature per line is allowed. No witnesses may sign on the confidential marriage license.
  • California marriage license fee varies by county and is required at the time of application under CA Marriage License laws Requirements.
  • Who Issues Licenses: The County Clerk’s office is responsible for issuing marriage licenses in the State of California.
  • Where to Apply: A marriage license may be obtained from any county in the State of California (regardless of where you live or where you are getting married), and may be used to be married in any county within California.

the rest is to file the petitions for AOSEAD,  and AP as in your post you asked about AOS 

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/adjustment-of-status

Timeline
3 hours ago, arken said:

Your passport is the ID. No State will mandate for Real ID or Nondriver ID or DL for marriage. Any ID will work.

Thank you so much I appreacite it so much 🙏

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

if still in the 90 day period ,  apply for the SS card using your stamped passport of K1 and the I 94 given to you at POE

OR you will have to wait a long time to get the SS #

also if under 26 and male ,  you need to register at post office for selective service

To marry in CA

• To marry in California, the two parties may not be already married to each other or other individuals.
  • Both parties must bring in a valid ID (i.e. driver’s license, military ID, passport, or green card, etc).
  • Legal Age Without Parental Consent: 18.
  • Same Sex Marriage: Yes.
  • Waiting Period: None.
  • Blood Test Requirement: Not Required.
  • Residency: Not Required.
  • License Validity: 90 Days.
  • Witnesses: The public marriage license requires the signature of one witness, and if desired, has a place for an additional witness. No more than two witnesses may sign on the public marriage license. Only one signature per line is allowed. No witnesses may sign on the confidential marriage license.
  • California marriage license fee varies by county and is required at the time of application under CA Marriage License laws Requirements.
  • Who Issues Licenses: The County Clerk’s office is responsible for issuing marriage licenses in the State of California.
  • Where to Apply: A marriage license may be obtained from any county in the State of California (regardless of where you live or where you are getting married), and may be used to be married in any county within California.

the rest is to file the petitions for AOSEAD,  and AP as in your post you asked about AOS 

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/adjustment-of-status

Thank you so much I appreacite your help so much 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.