Commish10

Another Form Letter

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I made and inquiry using the online form, and got back the same form letter I always get. I'm giving Senator Cruz another shot although I don't have high hopes for that either. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Joe Kano said:

Teddy will be on them like a chicken on junebug

Don't you know, You Don't Mess With Texas

Not last time, I wrote them. Just some underpaid staffer handles these things.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joe Kano said:

Teddy will be on them like a chicken on junebug

Don't you know, You Don't Mess With Texas

John Cornyn.  is the US Senator for Dallas 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

John Cornyn.  is the US Senator for Dallas 

Ted Cruz and John Cornyn are both US Senators for the state of Texas

Congress has no authority over Homeland or State Department.  They are even different branches of government.  The Congressman will get the same info you can get yourself.  They will repeat what USCIS or NVC tells them and they cannot expedite cases for you.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Congress has no authority over Homeland or State Department.  They are even different branches of government.  The Congressman will get the same info you can get yourself.  They will repeat what USCIS or NVC tells them and they cannot expedite cases for you.  

I think they are just lazy. It might have been a different time, but when I was seeking help from them back in 2000 with an embassy problem, my Senators from Connecticut were right on it and took care of things very quickly. As I said, different time, different people. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Ted Cruz and John Cornyn are both US Senators for the state of Texas

yes  but Cornyn is for your district  

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

yes  but Cornyn is for your district  

Senators don't have districts like representatives do.  

YMMV

7 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

I think they are just lazy. It might have been a different time, but when I was seeking help from them back in 2000 with an embassy problem, my Senators from Connecticut were right on it and took care of things very quickly. As I said, different time, different people. 

That is possible.  I tried during K-1 and CR-1.  They were very nice but the staffer I was dealing with told me that it is a long shot that I will get any information I dont already have.  I know she reached out and often and sure enough, she got the same response that I got myself.  For us, the Ombudsman was the best source of information.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, payxibka said:

Senators don't have districts like representatives do.  

Correct.  2 Senators represent the entire state.  Representatives have districts.

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

You said they're underpaid. Now they're lazy?

More seriously, ombudsman is probably the best resource for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

You said they're underpaid. Now they're lazy?

More seriously, ombudsman is probably the best resource for you.

Which ombudsman?  DOS ombudsman doesn't intervene with visa aplication activities.  USCIS ombudsman doesn't have jurisdiction. 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.