2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Reister said:

Looks like you read it wrong . It qualifies you for benefits while your case is being adjudicated . The key word is WHILE . Nobody said anything about PF affecting adjudication . Also you can look up quote unquote meaning I guess . Everybody has their understanding of it ….

No I did not read it wrong, this is your statement that is incorrect - The purpose of PF is to give you a “shield” from deportation while your case is being adjudicated.  PF does not function in this manner.  

Only Deferred Action keeps you from being deported.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

7 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:
9 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

No I did not read it wrong, this is your statement that is incorrect - The purpose of PF is to give you a “shield” from deportation while your case is being adjudicated.  PF does not function in this manner.  

You can quote my statement but make sure you don’t leave  out the key parts of it 😉

15 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You can quote my statement but make sure you don’t leave out the key parts of it😉 . I stand corrected . Not only deferred action keeps you from being deported . But that’s a topic for another forum I guess . 

1 minute ago, Sk N said:

it was fast approval, i waited 11 months

Yeah people are complaining left and right about Vermont being clumsy. But not much we can do - I'm actually really grateful there is hope for all of us after what we've been through. 

Just now, FAP said:

Yeah people are complaining left and right about Vermont being clumsy. But not much we can do - I'm actually really grateful there is hope for all of us after what we've been through. 

that is for their i360 people have it pending for over 3 years, EAD under i485 gets adjudicate from NBC it is complete different center. Your EAD is under c09 category, the  c31 comes from vermont after approval of vawa that may take a long time for sure. 

27 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

It is Sunday, which means that it's time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

================================================

THE MOST AMAZING STORY

A young man takes the day off work and decides to go out golfing.  He is at the second hole when he notices a frog sitting next to the green.  He thinks nothing of it and is about to swing when he hears, "Ribbit.  9-Iron."  The man looks around and doesn't see anyone.  "Ribbit.  9-Iron."

He looks at the frog and decides to prove it wrong.  He puts his other club away, and grabs a 9-iron.  Boom!  He hits it 10 inches from the cup.  He is shocked!  He says to the frog, "Wow; that's amazing.  You must be a lucky frog, eh?"

The frog replies, "Ribbit.  Lucky frog."

The man decides to take the frog with him to the next hole.  "What do you think, frog?" the man asks.

"Ribbit.  3-wood."

The guy takes out a 3-wood, and boom!  A hole-in-one.  The man is befuddled and doesn't know what to say.  By the end of the day, the man has golfed the best game in his life and asks the frog, "OK, where to next?"

The frog replies, "Ribbit.  Las Vegas."

They go to Las Vegas and the guy says, "OK, frog; now what?"

The frog says, "Ribbit.  Roulette."

Upon approaching the roulette table, the man asks, "What do you think I should bet?"

The frog replies, "Ribbit.  $3,000.  Black 6."

Now, this is a million-to-one shot to win, but after the golf game, the young man figures what the heck.  Boom - tons of cash comes sliding back across the table.

The man takes his winnings and buys the best room in the hotel.  He sits the frog down and says, "Frog, I don't know how to repay you.  You've helped me to win all this money and I am forever grateful."

The frog replies, "Ribbit.  Kiss me."

He figures, why not?  After all that the frog did for him, it is a small price to pay.  With the kiss, the frog turns into a gorgeous 28-year-old young woman.

"And that, your honor, is exactly how your wife ended up in my room."

:P 

Sigh, your joke always brings good luck after reading

6 hours ago, Sk N said:

that is for their i360 people have it pending for over 3 years, EAD under i485 gets adjudicate from NBC it is complete different center. Your EAD is under c09 category, the  c31 comes from vermont after approval of vawa that may take a long time for sure. 

well I'm not sure about the details but my initial I485 was denied right after I ended up in a hospital almost in a diabetic coma after a physical attack - that was the last straw.  So I applied concurrently I360, I765, I485, I131 but last three got denied bc I asked for a waiver for fees and waiver got denied.  When I saved some money I applied in early April this year and I see my I765 arrived from Lee's Summit, MO - not from Vermont. So basically I applied in Vermont - notices and approvals for I765 C09 are coming from Vermont and the actual card from MO 

12 minutes ago, FAP said:

well I'm not sure about the details but my initial I485 was denied right after I ended up in a hospital almost in a diabetic coma after a physical attack - that was the last straw.  So I applied concurrently I360, I765, I485, I131 but last three got denied bc I asked for a waiver for fees and waiver got denied.  When I saved some money I applied in early April this year and I see my I765 arrived from Lee's Summit, MO - not from Vermont. So basically I applied in Vermont - notices and approvals for I765 C09 are coming from Vermont and the actual card from MO 

thats new that i am seeing in your case,  i am sorry to hear about your situation. What is the status of your current i485 now then? if you ead was accepted then the fingerprint will apply on your i485 as well 

3 minutes ago, Sk N said:

thats new that i am seeing in your case,  i am sorry to hear about your situation. What is the status of your current i485 now then? if you ead was accepted then the fingerprint will apply on your i485 as well 

I485 says we received your case and thats it. I360 silence since Nov 2019 - issued first prima faciae and that's it. I got fingerprints twice - first time for I360 in Dec 2019 and for I765 a month ago

3 minutes ago, FAP said:

I485 says we received your case and thats it. I360 silence since Nov 2019 - issued first prima faciae and that's it. I got fingerprints twice - first time for I360 in Dec 2019 and for I765 a month ago

you did not got c31 card yet? they issued you again c09 and what does your current i360 shows

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sk N said:

Sigh, your joke always brings good luck after reading

And if a particular one doesn't, then several probably do, because of cumulative benefit! :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.