2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Go to the family Court,if you can't find online the form, and ask for an uncontested   divorce kit, and the form will come with the instructions.

Thank you Sandra, can I do it my self or I need a lawyer?

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Congratulations Apolo.Praise the Lord.

Thank you @sandranj finally i got a positive decision on my case, I have two questions if you can please assist me with your advice?

1 How long does it usually take to receive my GC in hand my card was put in to production just this pass week the reason why im asking this is that i have applied to a law enforcement agency and they are waiting on my GC to make a final job offer.

2 when can i apply for citizenship- is it 5 or 3 years after becoming a permanent resident when you receive your CG based on approved VAWA also im divorced no longer married to my spouse.

Once again thank you for all you do ou are our Angel in the sky the blessing that we all need ❤️ thank you for all your help and support during of the most difficult time in my life.

51 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Thank you Sandra, can I do it my self or I need a lawyer?

Hey @Comforter when i did my divorce i went to the family center at my local courthouse and they assisted me and guide me to the whole process the whole procedure toke almost 2 years but it he was avoiding service but finally i was able to get a uncontested divorce and the grounds on that were abuse and 4 restraining orders.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Hey @Comforter when i did my divorce i went to the family center at my local courthouse and they assisted me and guide me to the whole process the whole procedure toke almost 2 years but it he was avoiding service but finally i was able to get a uncontested divorce and the grounds on that were abuse and 4 restraining orders.

Thank you. 2years? Why that long. I heard it is normally like 1 to 3months. 

1 minute ago, Comforter said:

Thank you. 2years? Why that long. I heard it is normally like 1 to 3months. 

When i finally decide to file my divorce i wen to the family court and i had to file the petition and gather documents for my case it toke me 1-2 months, once i filed the documents i had to serve him with the divorce papers, i had to hire a company and it toke them 2 months to try and serve him since he was changing address and avoiding service. By law they have to make at least 3 attempts to serve him, and if they are unable to serve him the company issues a report that they were unsuccessful and i had to bring that to the family court and add this to my divorce file and then i had to pay the sheriff's office to put a notice at the local court house to try and notify my spouse for the divorce and I have to wait 30 days for the knowledge to expire, after that I had to hire a chef to try and locate and serve my spouse and I had to post that I am trying to locate and divorce my spouse in the the notify my spouse for the divorce and I have to wait 30 days for the notice to expire, after that I had to hire the chef to try and locate and serve my spouse and I had to post that I am trying to locate and divorce my spouse in the local  news paper. Those were all requirements that i had to do to show the court that i did everything possible to notify my spouse about me wanting to divorce hm so we can have a fair trial. After that I had to schedule I have I have to submit my documents and to get a schedule coordinate for my final divorce that took a while and after the final divorce the date I had to go out to P in front of a judge so just can make a decision on my divorce eventually I got my divorce and the whole process took almost 2. This is my case yours can be faster 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SJLN said:

Hi,

Do we have any Oct 2019 filers got I-360 approvals? Thank you

I don’t remember seeing October approval, we should be very close because we have been seeing September approvals for quite a while 😊

Timeline
5 hours ago, Apolo said:

When i finally decide to file my divorce i wen to the family court and i had to file the petition and gather documents for my case it toke me 1-2 months, once i filed the documents i had to serve him with the divorce papers, i had to hire a company and it toke them 2 months to try and serve him since he was changing address and avoiding service. By law they have to make at least 3 attempts to serve him, and if they are unable to serve him the company issues a report that they were unsuccessful and i had to bring that to the family court and add this to my divorce file and then i had to pay the sheriff's office to put a notice at the local court house to try and notify my spouse for the divorce and I have to wait 30 days for the knowledge to expire, after that I had to hire a chef to try and locate and serve my spouse and I had to post that I am trying to locate and divorce my spouse in the the notify my spouse for the divorce and I have to wait 30 days for the notice to expire, after that I had to hire the chef to try and locate and serve my spouse and I had to post that I am trying to locate and divorce my spouse in the local  news paper. Those were all requirements that i had to do to show the court that i did everything possible to notify my spouse about me wanting to divorce hm so we can have a fair trial. After that I had to schedule I have I have to submit my documents and to get a schedule coordinate for my final divorce that took a while and after the final divorce the date I had to go out to P in front of a judge so just can make a decision on my divorce eventually I got my divorce and the whole process took almost 2. This is my case yours can be faster 

oh wow! that's a long process. I am glad you were able to get the divorce! Mine took 8 months. My ex didn't want to sign the papers, and then also kept changing addresses. Thank God the person who was hired to served him found him on the third attempt. otherwise, it would take me a long time too. I'd also say that it depends on how busy the local court is - some take quite a long time to review and approve it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello friends,

Recently my I-485 has been approved and I received my GC. However my I-485 approval notice is sent back to USCIS due to post office not able to deliver.

image.png.2d89d0ef4ffee6cb4b4bb50a14e8af93.png

How can I request the approval notice now?  Do we have any process to follow?

Thanks!!!

On 7/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family, i have an announcement to make, today i got the following update on my I-485

New Card Is Being Produced

On July 15, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MS, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

I Don't know if im dreaming or it is real, still in shock can't believe that finally my I-485 is approved after 6 long years. I have a question can they deny my case once they approve it just a weird question just not use to have positive things happening to me for a long time  😮🥳😭 and also when can i expect my GC to be delivered ?

I want to say thank you to all your amazing people that were supportive and caring, you guys are amazing thank you @sandranj for all your help and support you are a blessing  sent from heaven, thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 you are such a caring person @TBoneTX for always being on top and those amazing jokes and thank you to all of you you rock :)

congratulations!!! have seen you here since long time, so happy you are through with this process

4 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

oh wow! that's a long process. I am glad you were able to get the divorce! Mine took 8 months. My ex didn't want to sign the papers, and then also kept changing addresses. Thank God the person who was hired to served him found him on the third attempt. otherwise, it would take me a long time too. I'd also say that it depends on how busy the local court is - some take quite a long time to review and approve it.

yeah it was but that didn't stop me to get my life in my hands and to decide to fight my abuser 

1 hour ago, BlueTiger92 said:

congratulations!!! have seen you here since long time, so happy you are through with this process

thank you and yeah finally overall almost 6 years 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.