2,965 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Avoid templates my dear! USCIS needs the gist and timeline of your relationship not how you structure your response or grammar! Tell them to just write it like it is…draft all they know about your relationship up until the abuse! Then state that the affiant is swearing under oath or affirming the information on the affidavit .You should do the same.😊👍

@Fishy89 i fully agree with the statement of @Stillwinning!!!😊 my affidavit was without a templet the person that did the affidavit did it in a word document telling his impression of the relationship and what they have witness and how they were feeling about me and my relationship. at the end attached a copy of state id sing it and notarize it and that was it it was 2-3 pages  

Timeline
On 7/19/2021 at 10:55 PM, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

One of my friend is preparing his applications like I-360, I-485, I765. What other applications he needs to file. Also how much is the application fee. 

He need to pay for I-485 which is $1225 including biometrics. Do he need to pay for I-765?

No! once he pays the $1225  fee he will be fine 

Timeline
14 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Thanks for your help. 
He is filling I360, I765, I485. Does he need to file any other application?

No! Unless  if he wants to travel then he will need to add form I-131 and the $1225 fee will cover all the forms including I-131

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ralin said:

Thanks Sheima!

I really hope so, And wish everyone to get their approvals and GC soon. 

I also noticed that a lots of people get i-485 approved without interview! 🤩Is there a new policy with Mr. Biden? 3 years ago , when i submitted  I 360 my lawyer told me that interview is mandatory for Vawa applicants. 

Im waiting on i131 ( travel document) did anyone travel abroad with such document? 

COVID-19 is the course of backlog  and interview waive, I believe if everything get back to normal interviews will resume as normal 

because it’s a mandatory 

yes you can travel with such documents in this COVID-19 crisis but make sure the country you are traveling to is not on COVID-19 restriction list, otherwise you won’t be able to re-enter the country 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello everyone 

i need you help please ! Iam moving closer go the deadline to sumbit my reply to the RFE and i want some help regarding the affidavits my neighbors will write , please could you help me the template or how they write they are asking me how write and i don’t know how ! Any help please ? The RFE is asking for good faith marriage evidences ! 
thanks in advance 🤍

Just tell them to write the affidavit in good manor and what they know about you,

notarizing the the affidavit letter is very important, make sure they notarize it and that is it 😊

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family, i have an announcement to make, today i got the following update on my I-485

New Card Is Being Produced

On July 15, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MS, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

I Don't know if im dreaming or it is real, still in shock can't believe that finally my I-485 is approved after 6 long years. I have a question can they deny my case once they approve it just a weird question just not use to have positive things happening to me for a long time  😮🥳😭 and also when can i expect my GC to be delivered ?

I want to say thank you to all your amazing people that were supportive and caring, you guys are amazing thank you @sandranj for all your help and support you are a blessing  sent from heaven, thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 you are such a caring person @TBoneTX for always being on top and those amazing jokes and thank you to all of you you rock :)

Congratulations Apolo.Praise the Lord.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Thank you my dear ,

Should they notarise the letters ? Because one of them is in vacation overseas and will not be able to notarise the letter ! 

if the person can't notarize ask the person a copy of her/his DL.

Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 2:09 AM, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone..

My i360 was approved in April 2021. I got my EAD c31 approved just couple of days ago through congressman. Thank you all of you whoever gave me advice to contact the congressman. My question is that why there is no change on my i485 still , after almost 2 months of my vawa approval? If i go and login on uscis website it shows that last update on i485 was on March 29,2021 and approval notice for vawa says that above petition was approved on March 29, 2021 too , even though it was updated approved on April 29,2021. M quite confused. Haven’t they transferred my i485 or they haven’t just updated it? 

The USCIS website is not reliable.

Timeline
On 7/18/2021 at 1:23 AM, TBoneTX said:

It is Sunday, and time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke*:

*known (if correlation = causation) to evoke approvals and good news

===================================

THE SHOCKING POSTCARD

A wealthy American man was having an affair with an Italian woman.  One night, during a rendezvous, she confided in him that she was pregnant.

Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he paid her a large sum of money to return to Italy to have the child.  If she stayed in Italy, he promised, he would also provide child support until the child turned 18.

She agreed, although she wondered how he would know when the baby was born. To keep it discreet, he told her to mail him a postcard, and write "Spaghetti" on the back.  He would then arrange for child support.

One day, about 9 months later, he came home to his confused wife.  "Honey," she said, "you received a very strange postcard today."

"Oh, just give it to me and I'll explain it later," he said.  The wife handed him the card and watched as her husband read it, turned white, and fainted.

Alarmed, she picked up the card from the floor and read aloud, "Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti.  Two with meatballs, one without."

:P 

This one is the best hahahahaha.

Timeline
On 7/16/2021 at 10:07 AM, Comforter said:

Please I have another question. Please I want to do my divorce. I dont know how to start. What do I need to do and where so I go for it . I am in Orlando florida now. How long does it take. What do I file. I dont need anything from him, no kids together. What do I file for.

Go to the family Court,if you can't find online the form, and ask for an uncontested   divorce kit, and the form will come with the instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.