2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 1:13 AM, Reister said:

Hi All ! I recently received my EAD (C31) . But no official approval letter for I-360. It has been over 45 days since I got my card . On the website it says Post office delivered my card (nothing about approval of case ) can someone point me into right direction of what needs to be done please? I am stuck in the limbo 

congratulation, can you share your timeline  

Hi,I've recently been following this thread,and just registered.My I-765 expedite request was denied.How would that affect my initial renewal application.I expedited last month and filed for the renewal in December 2020.Im in a divorce battle with a violent individual and got sole custody of my special needs son, and need to be able to take care of him.USCIS said it wasn't a good enough reason.I did also just get a biometrics appointment. Is this for the I-765 based on the I-360?The notice says it's for the I-360.Im not sure how this is possible or what it means because I only filed VAWA in Sep 2020,and realize I have a long wait ahead of me.Thanks for your help

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Waipai said:

Hi,I've recently been following this thread,and just registered.My I-765 expedite request was denied.How would that affect my initial renewal application.I expedited last month and filed for the renewal in December 2020.Im in a divorce battle with a violent individual and got sole custody of my special needs son, and need to be able to take care of him.USCIS said it wasn't a good enough reason.I did also just get a biometrics appointment. Is this for the I-765 based on the I-360?The notice says it's for the I-360.Im not sure how this is possible or what it means because I only filed VAWA in Sep 2020,and realize I have a long wait ahead of me.Thanks for your help

They will only expedite your I-765 if you have a job offer and will lose the opportunity to work without your EAD.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
On 7/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Ralin said:

Hello Fam!💖

I hope someone could clarify 

I got My Vawa approved Jan 2021, filed i485 after approval in March 2021,  July 2021 I got an notification that i485 was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction. My local office is in Chicago IL  which has processing time 9.5-24 months.  Does the time count starts from March 2021 when they initially received my case or  from July 2021 when Chicago got my case.  As we all know waiting game is no joke for all of us and  5 months difference matters 😔  

July 14, 2021 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
July 13, 2021 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.
May 13, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
March 5, 2021 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

January 19, 2021 Case Was Approved 

December 2, 2020 The Post Office delivered your new card to the address you gave us.

December 1, 2020 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.

November 30, 2020 We mailed your new card your Form I-360 directly to the address you gave us.

November 25, 2020 We ordered your new card.

August 21, 2018 We received your response for Form I-360

July 13, 2018 We mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360

May 29, 2018 We received your Form I-360

Nowadays  based on what I learned from here, if you are an approved vawa applicant it look’s like you are more likely to get your  I-485  faster than normal proceedings time in your city,

yes your I485  time will start counting from the time your local office received your I-485, and all ways Uscis is ahead of the posted  processing time 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Family

One of my friend is preparing his applications like I-360, I-485, I765. What other applications he needs to file. Also how much is the application fee. 

He need to pay for I-485 which is $1225 including biometrics. Do he need to pay for I-765?

3 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

One of my friend is preparing his applications like I-360, I-485, I765. What other applications he needs to file. Also how much is the application fee. 

He need to pay for I-485 which is $1225 including biometrics. Do he need to pay for I-765?

No. The $1225 covers for his EAD as well. And he doesn’t have to pay for renewals till he gets his i485 approved. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rambo4447 said:

No. The $1225 covers for his EAD as well. And he doesn’t have to pay for renewals till he gets his i485 approved. 

Thanks for your help. 
He is filling I360, I765, I485. Does he need to file any other application?

12 hours ago, sheima said:

Nowadays  based on what I learned from here, if you are an approved vawa applicant it look’s like you are more likely to get your  I-485  faster than normal proceedings time in your city,

yes your I485  time will start counting from the time your local office received your I-485, and all ways Uscis is ahead of the posted  processing time 😊

Thanks Sheima!

I really hope so, And wish everyone to get their approvals and GC soon. 

I also noticed that a lots of people get i-485 approved without interview! 🤩Is there a new policy with Mr. Biden? 3 years ago , when i submitted  I 360 my lawyer told me that interview is mandatory for Vawa applicants. 

Im waiting on i131 ( travel document) did anyone travel abroad with such document? 

Hello everyone 

i need you help please ! Iam moving closer go the deadline to sumbit my reply to the RFE and i want some help regarding the affidavits my neighbors will write , please could you help me the template or how they write they are asking me how write and i don’t know how ! Any help please ? The RFE is asking for good faith marriage evidences ! 
thanks in advance 🤍

16 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello everyone 

i need you help please ! Iam moving closer go the deadline to sumbit my reply to the RFE and i want some help regarding the affidavits my neighbors will write , please could you help me the template or how they write they are asking me how write and i don’t know how ! Any help please ? The RFE is asking for good faith marriage evidences ! 
thanks in advance 🤍

Avoid templates my dear! USCIS needs the gist and timeline of your relationship not how you structure your response or grammar! Tell them to just write it like it is…draft all they know about your relationship up until the abuse! Then state that the affiant is swearing under oath or affirming the information on the affidavit .You should do the same.😊👍

36 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Avoid templates my dear! USCIS needs the gist and timeline of your relationship not how you structure your response or grammar! Tell them to just write it like it is…draft all they know about your relationship up until the abuse! Then state that the affiant is swearing under oath or affirming the information on the affidavit .You should do the same.😊👍

Thank you my dear ,

Should they notarise the letters ? Because one of them is in vacation overseas and will not be able to notarise the letter ! 

8 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

Thank you my dear ,

Should they notarise the letters ? Because one of them is in vacation overseas and will not be able to notarise the letter ! 

Yes the ones here in the US should…if the others abroad can’t then it’s ok! Good luck with everything dear.🥰

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.