2,965 posts in this topic

Just now, Tyo said:

No it was approved last month 

Good news, they are transferring your case to your local office, you might have an interview or not depends on what immigration wants to do. You just have to wait until you get any further correspondence. 

8 hours ago, Happyhappy2020 said:

Ok when she did the yes/no questions with me, she never questioned my answers. Is that a good sign ? 

Is it normal for the IO to ask about the abuse?

She doesn’t need to question your answers, USCIS can get any info concerning you.. IOs aren’t supposed to ask about the already adjudicated i360, but we’ve seen cases where they do. It’s not unusual even though it’s not supposed to be so! I’m sure you’ll be alright.😊👍

1 hour ago, Tyo said:

Got this update today, what does it mean by initial review?

B87AE9C3-A3EB-4249-8D18-A84185AC1336.jpeg

Your case has been transferred to join the queue for interview or straight approval as we’ve seen in recent times! The process usually starts at NBC where your petition is vetted for deficiencies and then proceeds to your local office for adjudication. Good luck dear.😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Happyhappy2020 said:

Ok when she did the yes/no questions with me, she never questioned my answers. Is that a good sign ? 

Is it normal for the IO to ask about the abuse?

I assume IO can ask you anything because I recently attended my interview and was asked some question regarding the abused. .

Edited by MarSam701

2 hours ago, saraa88 said:

I got my vawa approved in april. Just got notice that i have an appointment to get biometrics next week. I got this done before. Assuming this is a good sign? Anyone know what this means?

Biometrics is not associated with good or bad sign! If they are able to use what they have on file, you may not need it but if they aren’t, then you have to get it done! It’s that simple. I hope everything works out for you.🙏😊

36 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

She doesn’t need to question your answers, USCIS can get any info concerning you.. IOs aren’t supposed to ask about the already adjudicated i360, but we’ve seen cases where they do. It’s not unusual even though it’s not supposed to be so! I’m sure you’ll be alright.😊👍

I fully agree with @Stillwinning!!!😊 thei are not supposed to but some IO do mine did. And at one point attorney intervene and after that the IO officer didn't ask anymore I-360 related questions

1 minute ago, Apolo said:

I fully agree with @Stillwinning!!!😊 thei are not supposed to but some IO do mine did. And at one point attorney intervene and after that the IO officer didn't ask anymore I-360 related questions

Yeah…I believe that’s the reason some people go with attorneys… so it can be nipped at the bud…somewhat.🤷🏻‍♀️

7 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family, i have an announcement to make, today i got the following update on my I-485

New Card Is Being Produced

On July 15, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MS, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

I Don't know if im dreaming or it is real, still in shock can't believe that finally my I-485 is approved after 6 long years. I have a question can they deny my case once they approve it just a weird question just not use to have positive things happening to me for a long time  😮🥳😭 and also when can i expect my GC to be delivered ?

I want to say thank you to all your amazing people that were supportive and caring, you guys are amazing thank you @sandranj for all your help and support you are a blessing  sent from heaven, thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 you are such a caring person @TBoneTX for always being on top and those amazing jokes and thank you to all of you you rock :)

Congratulations my dear!🎊🎉🍾🎈🍾🎊 this calls for celebration!🥂🍻🍾🙌😃

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations my dear!🎊🎉🍾🎈🍾🎊 this calls for celebration!🥂🍻🍾🙌😃

yea will do that once i have the actual card in hand :) at the same time i have applied for a new I-765 since myne was going to expire does anyone knows what will happen with that application ?

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family, i have an announcement to make, today i got the following update on my I-485

On July 15, 2021, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MS, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

I Don't know if im dreaming or it is real, still in shock can't believe that finally my I-485 is approved after 6 long years. I have a question can they deny my case once they approve it just a weird question just not use to have positive things happening to me for a long time  😮🥳😭 and also when can i expect my GC to be delivered ?

I want to say thank you to all your amazing people that were supportive and caring, you guys are amazing thank you @sandranj for all your help and support you are a blessing  sent from heaven, thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 you are such a caring person @TBoneTX for always being on top and those amazing jokes and thank you to all of you you rock :)

Congratulations  finally your GC is here, soo happy for you 🗽🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Apolo said:

Congratulations! Please share your timelinec

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.