2,965 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, sheima said:

Congratulations your VAWA is approved 🗽🇺🇸
If you have a lawyer call your lawyer’s office they might mail your  new EAD C31 to your lawyer’s office, if not check your old mailing address if you change it otherwise contact your congressperson for help, your EAD got lost 😊

thank you so much !!!!

Hi 
i didn't receive my latter in mail
i just check, and thank God my case is approved
what i do now
how to get this latter

and what card they are talking about, mail me on May 3rd
please help
thanks

June 4, 2021 Case Was Approved
May 3, 2021 The Post Office delivered your new card to the address you gave us.
April 30, 2021 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
April 29, 2021 We mailed your new card your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, directly to the address you gave us.
April 27, 2021 We ordered your new card.
August 2, 2018 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
May 15, 2018 We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. Our Vermont Service Center office is working on your case again.
March 29, 2018 We mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
October 6, 2017 We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

8 minutes ago, asimove said:

thank you so much !!!!

Hi 
i didn't receive my latter in mail
i just check, and thank God my case is approved
what i do now
how to get this latter

and what card they are talking about, mail me on May 3rd
please help
thanks

June 4, 2021 Case Was Approved
May 3, 2021 The Post Office delivered your new card to the address you gave us.
April 30, 2021 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
April 29, 2021 We mailed your new card your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, directly to the address you gave us.
April 27, 2021 We ordered your new card.
August 2, 2018 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
May 15, 2018 We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. Our Vermont Service Center office is working on your case again.
March 29, 2018 We mailed a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
October 6, 2017 We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

The card is your Work permit Category C31, is giving once Vawa approved. 

Hello folks again

I need more help please

My VAWA case is pending since April 17th 2019. A few weeks ago, my congressman contact with USCIS about the status of the my case, and here's the response from USCIS;

'' Your constituent's case is pending security checks. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for your constituent's Form I-360 VAWA will be completed .We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. ''

Folks, what does 'security check' mean and how long does it take? Do you think I should contact the senators ( not congressman) and is there anything I can do in this situation? It's been 26 months and still waiting. 

* I have regularly received a Prima Facie certificate almost every 6 months and have never asked for an RFE.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:01 PM, sandranj said:

USCIS should answer the congressperson within 72 hours, but I saw many cases they took  10 days to answer.If your congressperson doesn't answer your request then you can contact your senator.

Hello Sandra again

My VAWA case is pending since April 17th 2019. A few weeks ago, my congressman contact with USCIS about the status of the my case, and here's the response from USCIS;

'' Your constituent's case is pending security checks. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for your constituent's Form I-360 VAWA will be completed .We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. ''

What does 'security check' mean and how long does it take? Do you think I should contact the senators ( not congressman) and is there anything I can do in this situation? It's been 26 months and still waiting. 

* I have regularly received a Prima Facie certificate almost every 6 months and have never asked for an RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Answered via PM.  The key thing is to hang in there.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sk N said:

Just wanted to update VAWA family, finally got my ead produced today :D under c09 

Congratulation💖

@sandraj@stillwinning  ...and anyone else that has experience that wants to weigh in...                                                                         For someone who is doing i485 from a visa, been in USA for a while , what does it mean if they get a request to do jury duty? Isn't that just for citizens? Is that an indication that somehow dmv records incorrectly wrote down you are a citizen? 

2 minutes ago, sandiego2020 said:

@sandraj@stillwinning  ...and anyone else that has experience that wants to weigh in...                                                                         For someone who is doing i485 from a visa, been in USA for a while , what does it mean if they get a request to do jury duty? Isn't that just for citizens? Is that an indication that somehow dmv records incorrectly wrote down you are a citizen? 

Not really. Long time ago a friend of mine had no status, zero English and he was a resident technically in a small Chicago suburb. Shortly after moving into his apartment over there he got a mail from village that he was chosen to be a part of jury in some trial at a local court. He was so scared and I had a great laugh for days 🤣🤣🤣

Attorney got him out of the jury  and he was never asked that again. He still lives there 😎

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandiego2020 said:

No you just go and let them know that you are not a US Citizen and they will take you out of the jury pool.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.