2,965 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

Screenshot_20210711-200529_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b8ef7480e52c06009ebd46f02ff37b5c.jpg

NYC Field Office are all located in Federal Plaza.. They are just located in different Floors.  Brooklyn, Queens are in the 8th Floor, Bronx, Manhattan 7th floor. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Victorycoming said:

Hi everyone, pls does anyone know how I can contact my local congressman? Dallas TX.

Filed I485 since 12/2019 no update whatsoever.

Uscis is processing 2017 and 2018 but you might be lucky 

Dallas processing time is on November 2019

Edited by sheima

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
19 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

my I485 ...Case approved [...] on 7.9.2021 my case said card in production

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Congratulations, and the jokes keep working!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi all,

I sent my completed I360 to my lawyer yesterday for them to check over and send in for me. I will have my I485 interview (originally scheduled for the i130) in a few days and I will ask them to put my I485 in abeyance. Will they ask me for proof of when my lawyer mailed in the I360? I was going to tell them I am requesting for it to be held in abeyance Bec my lawyer will be filing the I360 for me, will the immigration officer ask me for anything else before they will approve the request for abeyance?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Congratulations, and the jokes keep working!  :dance: 

These jokes keep us laughing and yes they are working💃💃

Edited by MarSam701

4 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

NYC Field Office are all located in Federal Plaza.. They are just located in different Floors.  Brooklyn, Queens are in the 8th Floor, Bronx, Manhattan 7th floor. 

Thanks for clarifying that. So @FeDaniela I live in Queens so I’m assuming it’ll be forwarded to Queens office in that same bldg?

Just now, Optimistic1986 said:

Thanks for clarifying that. So @FeDaniela I live in Queens so I’m assuming it’ll be forwarded to Queens office in that same bldg?

Yes.... If they sent you RFE or interview you will see it will say Queens Field Office 8th floor 26 Federal Plaza, Ny.... 

51 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

Hi family.

Today I received a new up date on my I485 ...Case approved, I thought it would have being the other way around. .on 7.9.2021 my case said card in production..lol...anyway it is a very good feeling...and I continue to take  deep breath and  exhale ..😊

Keep the faith everyone who is waiting for the approval ...it is coming believe me . .I have been waiting from  2017 and now the wait is over....be safe and have a fabulous day I Love and support you all❤ ..

Blessings ❤💃

Congratulations!!! Can you please share your timeline.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, hopingwgrace said:

Congratulations!!! Can you please share your timeline.

Thank you❤

Filed I360 October 2017

Filed I485 December 2018

I360 Approved June  2019

I485 Transferred June 2019

Renewed C31 and approved 2020

Contacted congressman 2020 and 2021 for I485 which helped 

Interview June 2021

Rfe for medical after interview 

July 9..2021 Card in Production 

July 12..2021 I485 Case Approved

Now waiting for the Card to be mail out..

Long journey, but it was worth it..

Have a blessed day💖

Edited by MarSam701

6 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Your I-797c Receipt only serve as an extension only for your Work permit NOT for the Advance parole,  if you travelled outside USA you will not be able to reenter. 

Thank you so much for your answer!

It’s a little awkward that they give you a combo card and when it expires the extension is only valid for the work permit but they make the rules..

Not to say that right now it’s taking so long the renewal that almost for sure your work permit is going to expire.

I don’t know you but I hate going to places and having to explain with the paper receipt that the card is still valid ...

Edited by Nomadboy

Just now, Nomadboy said:

It’s a little awkward that they give you a combo card and when it expires the extension is only valid for the work permit but they make the rules..

Not to say that right now it’s taking so long the renewal that almost for sure your work permit is going to expire.

I don’t know you but I hate going to places and having to explain with the paper receipt that the card is still valid ...

Yes is good to know before you flight. I know your struggle we all being there. Hope your renewal comes soon. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, cathie2021 said:

Hello folks,

My VAWA case is pending since April 17th 2019. A few weeks ago, my congressman contact with USCIS about the status of the my case, and here's the response from USCIS;

'' Your constituent's case is pending security checks. We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for your constituent's Form I-360 VAWA will be completed .We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible. ''

Folks, what does 'security check' mean and how long does it take? Do you think I should contact the senators ( not congressman) and is there anything I can do in this situation? It's been 26 months and still waiting.

* I have regularly received a Prima Facie certificate almost every 6 months and have never asked for an RFE.

It happened to a few people on this forum. It doesn't mean anything bad in terms of your chances for approval, but unfortunately it does mean that your case will most likely be delayed significantly past estimated processing times. Just hang in there.

3 hours ago, Victorycoming said:

Hi everyone, pls does anyone know how I can contact my local congressman? Dallas TX.

Filed I485 since 12/2019 no update whatsoever.

Just google "find your representative" and go through the first link. Call the local Dallas office of your district's rep.

1 hour ago, Happyhappy2020 said:

Hi all,

I sent my completed I360 to my lawyer yesterday for them to check over and send in for me. I will have my I485 interview (originally scheduled for the i130) in a few days and I will ask them to put my I485 in abeyance. Will they ask me for proof of when my lawyer mailed in the I360? I was going to tell them I am requesting for it to be held in abeyance Bec my lawyer will be filing the I360 for me, will the immigration officer ask me for anything else before they will approve the request for abeyance?

Since you have a lawyer this sounds like a question (s)he should answer. I do think they may ask you for proof that you are planning to file, bring copies of the documents you will be sensing with your I360 application like personal statement, any police records, witness affidavits, therapist conclusion etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.