2,965 posts in this topic

Hello. I wonder if anybody has same experience or if you guys had ever heard same situation . my C31 card approved 2 weeks ago, after approved my vawa status updated " we reopened your case for reconsideration"  I saw many information about the reopened and only reason uscis update the status is " if applicant appeal their  negative decision" i never appealed any decision. my status changed next 4 days when my card ordered. still didn't receive any one almost 2 weeks. also I saw many 485 filed   applicants posted same  and in  their  situation were glitch in the uscis system. I don't have idea what to do, any advice please 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi good people. I need help here. File vawa in October 2019 got rfe in December 2019 and replied. Uscis sent another RFE in September 21 2021 which I have not received till now. I was informed through online profile that if I did not receive the rfe by 6th October I should raise service requests which I did. I got an update that the request has been assigned to an officer with ticket number. Did anybody know how long it will take to have a copy of that rfe?

3 hours ago, Otg said:

Hi good people. I need help here. File vawa in October 2019 got rfe in December 2019 and replied. Uscis sent another RFE in September 21 2021 which I have not received till now. I was informed through online profile that if I did not receive the rfe by 6th October I should raise service requests which I did. I got an update that the request has been assigned to an officer with ticket number. Did anybody know how long it will take to have a copy of that rfe?

I personally do not take  those service request serious specially when it comes to VAWA.

You best option is to reach out to your congress/senator. Do not rely on service request. 

Edited by balo101

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

Hi guys,

Can someone please tell me the process of filing i824 for my kids in the Caribbean and also where to send the application. 

I have vawa approved and is preparing myself for the next step after i485 approval. I plan to file i824 on my own. I can't afford an attorney at this thime.

I sent my I-824 to TX, they will still treat this as VAWA protected.  

Form I-824 – Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

Copy of I-485 Petition Submission (did you list the children on your I-485 petition?)

NOA2 – Approved I-485 Petition

NOA2 – Approved I-360 Petition

Copy of Green Card

Birth Certificate for each child

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hi everyone,

can a VAWA greencard holder file for parents or will I have to wait until after naturalization?

thanks in advance 

You have to be a citizen

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hi everyone,

can a VAWA greencard holder file for parents or will I have to wait until after naturalization?

thanks in advance 

Which states are you living it’s a good question I need the reply 

Hey Everyone! 

I filed my I-485 after VAWA approval (not concurrently) and I noticed that my I-485 receipt notice does not have a priority date (it’s blank). Is this normal ?

My only concern is that they’re processing my I-485 as if my I-360 is still pending.This forum has been so illuminating and helpful, I’d be super thankful and appreciative if anyone can shed a little light. 

2 hours ago, One day at a time said:

Hey Everyone! 

I filed my I-485 after VAWA approval (not concurrently) and I noticed that my I-485 receipt notice does not have a priority date (it’s blank). Is this normal ?

My only concern is that they’re processing my I-485 as if my I-360 is still pending.This forum has been so illuminating and helpful, I’d be super thankful and appreciative if anyone can shed a little light. 

Yes that's normal, only petitions (I-130, I-140, I-360, and I-526) have a priority date. Any other applications don't.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday, and therefore time for our approval-evoking*, progress-evoking* Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*that is, if correlation = causation

===============================================

"BANGIDY BANG BANG BANG!"

Rick enlisted in the Army and was sent on basic training.  When they were handing out rifles, he was at the back of the line, and they ran out just before they got to him.  The Sergeant gave him a stick and told him to pretend that it was a rifle.

So Rick went running through the mock battle pointing his stick and yelling, "Bangidy bang bang bang!  Bangidy bang bang bang!"

The next week, they started bayonet training.  Again, Rick was last in line, and again they ran out just before they got to him.  The Sergeant told him to pretend that he had a bayonet at the end of his pretend rifle.

So Rick went running through the mock battle with his stick, yelling, "Bangidy bang bang bang!  Stabidy stab stab stab!"

The unit finished basic training and got called up to go into real battle. Rick eventually found himself on a landing craft, hitting the beach.  Unfortunately, they had never given him a real rifle, and he still had his stick.  He was wondering what in the world he was going to do.

As the unit fought its way inland, Rick mindlessly pointed his stick at an enemy soldier standing on a hill and yelled, "Bangidy bang bang bang!"  To his amazement, the enemy soldier fell over dead.  He aimed his stick at another and yelled, "Bangidy bang bang bang!"  That enemy soldier also fell over dead.

Rick ran madly along, pointing his stick at any enemy soldier he saw, yelling, "Bangidy bang bang bang!"  Enemy soldiers were dropping like flies.  An enemy jumped out from a bush beside him.  Rick pointed his stick and yelled, "Stabidy stab stab stab!"  The enemy fell, writhing in pain.

Suddenly, an enemy soldier came walking slowly along a path.  Rick carefully aimed his stick at the soldier and yelled, "Bangidy bang bang bang!"  However, the enemy soldier just kept coming.  Rick again yelled, "Bangidy bang bang bang!"  Nothing.  As the enemy soldier got closer, Rick cried out, "Stabidy stab stab stab!"  But the enemy soldier ran right over him, crushing him.

As Rick lay dying, he heard the enemy soldier muttering, "Tankidy tank tank tank."

:P 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 10/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, FeDaniela said:

Form I-824 fee is $465.00

After your I-485 is approved you file I-824 with the required documents:

Copy of Green Card – proof of the principal applicant’s Green Card. Include copies of both the front and back.

Copy of I-797 – the Notice of Approval confirming the principal applicant’s LPR status.

Birth certificates – one for each child being applied for. 

Passports – copies of the beneficiaries’ passports.

Payment – the USCIS accepts money order, personal check, cashier’s check, and credit card payments.

The Address to file I-824 (If I-485 was file with Vermont Service center ) You can check the link: https://www.uscis.gov/i-824-addresses 

USCIS Dallas Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: NFB
P.O. Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266-0867

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: NFB (Box 660867)
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067-8003

Once is approved USCIS will notify National Visa Center and they will mail you and required all documents they need to start your children consular processing, including visa fee, etc. 

Also I-824 instruction will be very helpful https://www.uscis.gov/i-824 

Thank you so much. This is very helpful 

11 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

I sent my I-824 to TX, they will still treat this as VAWA protected.  

Form I-824 – Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

Copy of I-485 Petition Submission (did you list the children on your I-485 petition?)

NOA2 – Approved I-485 Petition

NOA2 – Approved I-360 Petition

Copy of Green Card

Birth Certificate for each child

I don't have a copy of the i485 application.  Do you know how I can get it? 

Hi family!

My I-360 was received mid-May 2021 and my attorney didn't ask me to get medicals. Does this mean I'll receive a RFE and won't be able to get a Prima Facie?

If so, I would like to get my medicals and send them asap to USCIS, but I have no clue how this works. How can I find doctors/medical centers that offer these services?

Thanks in advance and have a beautiful day!

1 hour ago, Mira20 said:

Guys!!!!! My I-360 was approved yesterday.

I am so happy. Getting closer to the end of this long  journey. Thank you everyone on this platform., you guys are the BEST!!

I-360, I-485 was received  Nov 8 2019

RFE for good moral character was received Dec 11 2019

RFE response was received Feb 4 2020

First PF was sent to me March 2020

PF renewal was not sent to me automatically but I applied for it around May 2021

37E4E978-6E7C-45F4-B0CE-ABBCA21EE22D.jpeg

Congratulations. I tap into this blessing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.