2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sumar9909 said:

filing i824 for my kids

Maybe Pinkrlion went through this recently.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Sumar9909 said:

Hi guys,

Can someone please tell me the process of filing i824 for my kids in the Caribbean and also where to send the application. 

I have vawa approved and is preparing myself for the next step after i485 approval. I plan to file i824 on my own. I can't afford an attorney at this thime.

Form I-824 fee is $465.00

After your I-485 is approved you file I-824 with the required documents:

Copy of Green Card – proof of the principal applicant’s Green Card. Include copies of both the front and back.

Copy of I-797 – the Notice of Approval confirming the principal applicant’s LPR status.

Birth certificates – one for each child being applied for. 

Passports – copies of the beneficiaries’ passports.

Payment – the USCIS accepts money order, personal check, cashier’s check, and credit card payments.

The Address to file I-824 (If I-485 was file with Vermont Service center ) You can check the link: https://www.uscis.gov/i-824-addresses 

USCIS Dallas Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
Attn: NFB
P.O. Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266-0867

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: NFB (Box 660867)
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067-8003

Once is approved USCIS will notify National Visa Center and they will mail you and required all documents they need to start your children consular processing, including visa fee, etc. 

Also I-824 instruction will be very helpful https://www.uscis.gov/i-824 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends 

I got my green card through VAWA and living in Texas if I move to new Jersy next year do I have to notify USCIS that I am changing the state moreover can I apply my citizenship under VAWA from new Jersy will this be a issue in the citizenship interview  

51 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I got my green card through VAWA and living in Texas if I move to new Jersy next year do I have to notify USCIS that I am changing the state moreover can I apply my citizenship under VAWA from new Jersy will this be a issue in the citizenship interview  

it is advice you should update your address with USCIS within 10 days of moving. Since you already a Permanent resident, you can live in any state.

Changes of address within USA, has nothing to do with a future Us citizenship application, so you will have no issue concerning that. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Timeline
Just now, FeDaniela said:

it is advice you should update your address with USCIS within 10 days of moving. Since you already a Permanent resident, you can live in any state.

Changes of address has nothing to do with a future Us citizenship application, so you will have no issue concerning that. 

How we can update our new address with USCIS after moving the state since I am planning to buy a home in new Jersy near New York Ie the area like Irvington nj east orange nj or Carter’s nj

Just now, Braveheart123 said:

How we can update our new address with USCIS after moving the state since I am planning to buy a home in new Jersy near New York Ie the area like Irvington nj east orange nj or Carter’s nj

You can mail Form AR11 to Vermont Service Center since your Green card was base on VAWA. I will also do it online just in case. But once you apply for US Citizenship you will input your current address and all the others you have lived. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

You can mail Form AR11 to Vermont Service Center since your Green card was base on VAWA. I will also do it online just in case. But once you apply for US Citizenship you will input your current address and all the others you have lived. 

Ok thank you for your kind reply but even though if you don’t apply this form AR11 and change the state and then later apply

for the Citizenship from new Jersy will this be a issue or it will be ok

Just now, Braveheart123 said:

Ok thank you for your kind reply but even though if you don’t apply this form AR11 and change the state and then later apply

for the Citizenship from new Jersy will this be a issue or it will be ok

Will be ok. 

Hi folks! 
My Vawa was approved on 06/21 and a week ago I received RFE for my medical. I will send it next week but what is the next step? Schedule interview? Or they are going to email my GC without interview? 

Edited by HopeHope__

Hi guuuuys! OMG OMG 

I haven't checked my case for a few weeks, and today im seeing that MY CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FO INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!

I am so excited,, happy  there is a step forward, but also I am a little scared AND NERVOUS 819194972_ScreenShot2021-10-08at5_03_51PM.thumb.png.adf135802d277e4d970e65d6ac0a4f82.png about the interview ( as the one with my husband didn't go well) 

Any suggestions? 

Should I pay lawyer to come with me? WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO HEEEELPPP

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/30/2021 at 1:39 AM, Anujra said:

Hi,

if uscis case status says for my i-360 “card was mailed to you” without providing the tracking number for almost 4 weeks, what action should I take?

please help me…

I got same message, but never got an EAD card. It turned out that lawyer didn't mark that checkbox where the question about getting EAD IN FORM I360. Check you form, maybe you also don't have it checked. Some lawyers are really do not care about what are they doing 😒

4 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

I got same message, but never got an EAD card. It turned out that lawyer didn't mark that checkbox where the question about getting EAD IN FORM I360. Check you form, maybe you also don't have it checked. Some lawyers are really do not care about what are they doing 😒

I received my EAD card(c31) yesterday. My lawyer told me that USPS “attempted” to deliver the mail on 9/8 after her working hour to her office. The USPS held the mail and dropped the mail at her office 10/7. The waiting was obnoxious but anyway it arrived… so next step is the approval letter… Hopefully, the mailing does not get messed up when my time comes 🤞 

Good luck everyone. You are not alone. We all go through this well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.