2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, SilverLining2 said:

Thank you! I understand the rule that you are mentioning ("If your spouse a GC holder, you have to wait until VAWA approved to apply for I-485 and EAD"), but I have not read nor heard anywhere this distinction between citizen/GC holder. My spouse is a GC holder, we were about to complete the adjustment process: I went to the GC interview with my attorney who explained the situation, and my I-485/EAD have been held since then. And for the purposes of EAD, citizens'/GC holders' spouses are in the same category and should therefore receive the same treatment, no?

No they are not the same.  LPR GC are limited in number and must adhere when visa category available.  US Citizens do not.  If they are holding your I-485, it may be because the visa category is stil open  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
5 hours ago, SilverLining2 said:

If a previous I-465 is held in abeyance (from a previous adjustment of status), does it mean this time will be subtracted from the total processing time?

No it does not.  When the I-485 is beng held it is a courtesy so that you do not hae to pay the fes again due to filing VAWA.  Your processing time actually starts when it gets to NBC for clearing.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, jack182 said:

Hey Fam, 

Does USPS forward mail from USCIS ? 

NO USPS has ben to told to return the item.  It is also on the leter, to not to forward.  

21 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi Community,

My I-485 got approved today without interview and I wanted to thank all of you who gave me pieces of advise and information during this VAWA journey.

I wanted to share my timeline and advise for those who currently is surfing through here and looking for info:

August 25, 2018 - US Entry on a K-1 Visa

September 14, 2018 - Marriage

September 28, 2018 - I-485 Application (together with EAD+AP)

October 2, 2018 - NOA 1 I-485 (biometrics took place 3 weeks later)

January 2019 - EAP+AP approved

April 2019 - Divorce

April 24, 2019 - I-360 Application (applied with a lawyer, but moving forward acted on my own without lawyer's help)

September 2019 - Sent in more evidence on my own by reading this forum (I think my lawyer didn't include those docs on purpose in order to get RFE and charge me more). Please note that I sent in more evidence on my own without receiving a request for it twice total (once divorce paperwok and another time police clearances and my birth certificate).

3 times extended EAD + AP while waiting for I360 decision based on still pending I485.

May 24, 2021 - I360 Case Was Approved

August 2021 - I485 Request for updated medicals (my original medicals expired 1 months prior to this request)

September 27, 2021 - I485 Approval (Card being Produced status)

To all of you who is reading - I think very important for you to know that you are allowed to submit evidence for your I360 case (if you think your case is missing something) on your own without a lawyer. I only used an attorney in the first place because I didn't know about VAWA at all and I needed urgent help. But after reading this forum even the attorney I worked with was telling me that I know too much and I could do it on my own, etc. After I read the case she prepared I found that there were multiple mistakes made with names of people, facts, dates etc etc (I had to send another letter to Vermont to just correct her mistakes) and also some docs needed for this case were missing, which I think my attorney didn't put there on purpose. Those docs are required for a decision on I360 for sure. So by not including it my attorney planned to get an RFE...and her contract with me would oblige me for another $1000 to reply to an RFE. So when I started reading this forum I took this under my complete control and figured that my attorney is acting against my best interest. Another GREAT piece to this story is that my attorney assistant once called me and said that the attorney is not honest and that she purposely is not doing things I asked her to do, purposely missed docs, purposely was not even providing me the copy of my case for a few weeks...and her assistant actually recommended me to report her to the board of attorneys which I didn't do yet, but I will now that my cases are all done and I do not need her anymore for anything at all. But yeah people please be careful with attorneys please - mine was basically trying to suck the moneys out without providing the best service possible.

Luckily for me from the beginning I refused to add my attorney to my I485 case and once I360 was approved we kind of are done already.

Summary: I485 took 3 years exactly and I360 took 2 years and 1 month.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, you will get there soon!

Congratulations dear, so very thrilled for you!😃🎊🎉🥂🥳 wishing everyone else waiting.. an easy approval!🙏

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MariaX said:

Good evening 

I sent my full package September 2019 and today i got update for my 360 " new card is being produced " my C31. How long does it take to change the status to ordered new card and when send it to me?  

Mine took two weeks.

8 minutes ago, MariaX said:

Good evening 

I sent my full package September 2019 and today i got update for my 360 " new card is being produced " my C31. How long does it take to change the status to ordered new card and when send it to me?  

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾 it should be a matter of days.. the hard part is done. Tops one week. Keep the house posted.😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾 it should be a matter of days.. the hard part is done. Tops one week. Keep the house posted.😊👍

Thank you. I still don't believe it OMG . 

1 hour ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi Community,

My I-485 got approved today without interview and I wanted to thank all of you who gave me pieces of advise and information during this VAWA journey.

I wanted to share my timeline and advise for those who currently is surfing through here and looking for info:

April 2019 - Divorce

April 24, 2019 - I-360 Application (applied with a lawyer, but moving forward acted on my own without lawyer's help)

September 2019 - Sent in more evidence on my own by reading this forum (I think my lawyer didn't include those docs on purpose in order to get RFE and charge me more). Please note that I sent in more evidence on my own without receiving a request for it twice total (once divorce paperwok and another time police clearances and my birth certificate).

3 times extended EAD + AP while waiting for I360 decision based on still pending I485.

August 2021 - I485 Request for updated medicals (my original medicals expired 1 months prior to this request)

To all of you who is reading - I think very important for you to know that you are allowed to submit evidence for your I360 case (if you think your case is missing something) on your own without a lawyer. I only used an attorney in the first place because I didn't know about VAWA at all and I needed urgent help. But after reading this forum even the attorney I worked with was telling me that I know too much and I could do it on my own, etc. After I read the case she prepared I found that there were multiple mistakes made with names of people, facts, dates etc etc (I had to send another letter to Vermont to just correct her mistakes) and also some docs needed for this case were missing, which I think my attorney didn't put there on purpose. Those docs are required for a decision on I360 for sure. So by not including it my attorney planned to get an RFE...and her contract with me would oblige me for another $1000 to reply to an RFE. So when I started reading this forum I took this under my complete control and figured that my attorney is acting against my best interest. Another GREAT piece to this story is that my attorney assistant once called me and said that the attorney is not honest and that she purposely is not doing things I asked her to do, purposely missed docs, purposely was not even providing me the copy of my case for a few weeks...and her assistant actually recommended me to report her to the board of attorneys which I didn't do yet, but I will now that my cases are all done and I do not need her anymore for anything at all. But yeah people please be careful with attorneys please - mine was basically trying to suck the moneys out without providing the best service possible.

Luckily for me from the beginning I refused to add my attorney to my I485 case and once I360 was approved we kind of are done already.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! 

1 hour ago, MariaX said:

Good evening 

finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, congrats

1 hour ago, MariaX said:

Good evening 

Mine took total of 8 days from the day it was ordered till it got to me. I filed on Sept Also . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

[T-B.'s note to self:  weekly joke worked again... weekly joke worked again...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi Community,

April 2019 - Divorce

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.