2,965 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

hello dear community,please help me, my vawa was approved on march 2020, I sent i485 on december 2018, I was married to us citizen, I live in queens ny.

the processing time for i485 at queens ny is at the moment on june 2nd 2018, is it normal that I still have to wait to receive news from the queen ny uscis office?  are there any other people that filed around december 2018 in queens ny wating for updates for i485 like an invitation for interview, request for medicals or having uscis approved and sent the green card?  please let me know your thoughts, is it normal for me to still be waiting or I should have received a notification earlier?  please let me know!

I am Sept 2018 filer. Still waiting for interview or notice to send medicals. I’m from Queens too

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

was married to usc. wow I did not know that, I thought that i485 receipt date would start counting once vawa was approved, but taking in consideration the date I sent i485 on dec 2018, not march 2020 when vawa was approved

i was expecting a 6.5 month waiting period until queens ny works on my december 2018 i485 date

Holding your I-485 only allows you to still be able to file C-9 EAD, and keeps you from filing the fee again.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

3 hours ago, Tulucitor said:

Hello everyone, new around here, great to see some so many people on this topic. Have some concerns/questions that might be answered and I appreciate in advance all the help.

Filled I360 together with I485 and I765 on November 2018.

I received a working permit (c9) on April 2019 received Prima Facie as well in March 2019. My ead expired April 2020 so I applied for a renewal and when the new one came it was based on (c31) which is based on a approved I360 petition. I never knew my case was approved, because I have not received any approval notices in the mail and online it does not show that my I360 is approved, it shows (Card was mailed to me) which i know is a glitch so I don't try too much to concentrate on that. Last correspondence I received from USCIS was back in July 2020, which was a orange envelope saying my medical exams are missing, but TO NOT MAIL IN ANYTHING AT THIS TIME, and just have them ready when they send another notice to me. Since then silence completely.... I send an AR-11 address change form to them like 4-5 months ago, since I moved, and I have yet to receive any confirmation of Address Change since then and this is alarming me, and I changed it online as well just to make sure!

I have Contacted my senator 2 months ago and they promptly got back to me made me sign some forms and they inquired at USCIS for me.

They said my case was transferred to Boston local office and my case is pending interview scheduling and that they don't know when that date would be and to just hold strong. I would have never know this info if I didn't contacted the senator...It gave me a sense of relief but I am still concerned about the address change and about the delay, its been almost 3 full years! hard years. 
Am I on a good route? Is it normal to wait this much knowing that my case was approved back in April 2020 and I have yet to receive any updates. My EAD is expired currently, I know that renewing it will take 4-5 months at this point, I just decided to wait for an update about the i-485 instead..is that a good idea or should i renew asap ? Should i go do my medicals now to have them ready when needed or should i mail them in? 

thank you again and looking forward to speak with you guys.

Some times even though the address change was done with Vermont service center its not getting updated with local office not sure why, best that you contacted your congressmen. How long did USCIS take to get back when reached out to them via congressmen ? 

On 9/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, HopeHope__ said:

Hi folks! My Vawa was approved 3 months ago and my local office is Miami Dade. So far no update on my I-485. I just wonder if any of you have the same local office and how long it takes to get an interview date after Vawa approval ? 

not in miami, my C31 was approved 1 month ago, patiently for the approval notice and then 485 to move on. really hoping it's also within the year!

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

USCIS removed the processing time for I360 from their website for weeks now. How do we know that the case is outside processing time for us to contact the senator or representative?

Just use the "All other special immigrants" date since by taking off the VAWA processing times they have de facto rolled VAWA into that.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hi guys today I got email from Congressman’s assistant what 4 or 5 months ago I was asking about my case and which I applied 2019 September she said has made another inquiry with USCIS, but I didn’t even know she did before 🙂 but when I contacted them after 2 weeks later I got RFE. My question is this good to ask Congressman to make inquiry with USCIS after they received my RFE which 61 days ago.?

8 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

Hi guys today I got email from Congressman’s assistant what 4 or 5 months ago I was asking about my case and which I applied 2019 September she said has made another inquiry with USCIS, but I didn’t even know she did before 🙂 but when I contacted them after 2 weeks later I got RFE. My question is this good to ask Congressman to make inquiry with USCIS after they received my RFE which 61 days ago.?

You don't lose anything by trying. Their congressional liason office likely receives thousands of requests every single day, so it's not like you'd get singled out for bothering them.

That being said, post-RFE decisions have kinda slowed down and the 60-90 days is more wishful thinking than anything concrete. It took mine almost 6 months post RFE to get approved.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

8 minutes ago, Demise said:

You don't lose anything by trying. Their congressional liason office likely receives thousands of requests every single day, so it's not like you'd get singled out for bothering them.

That being said, post-RFE decisions have kinda slowed down and the 60-90 days is more wishful thinking than anything concrete. It took mine almost 6 months post RFE to get approved.

Ye you right!  I’m cruise why they didn’t give any info if they already had made one inquiry Yeah 6 months ar long time but I got RFE 24 months later even first they sent me PFD so interesting I really don’t know how they are processing cases I have hope and wait nothing else .. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Best thoughts to all of our Houston-area members in regard to damage and inconvenience from Hurricane Nicholas.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.