2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, ajango said:

What are some of the benefits of a prima facie determination ? Can I use the letter to get education benefits like in state tuition or financial aid ?

you can get financial aid, but not in state tuition rates

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone 

my vawa was approved in April 2021. It was filed in August 2019 along with i485 and i765 too. It’s been almost 4 months but my i485 still doesn’t show any update. It still says case was received. I never got update for transfer or for any RFE either.i have seen people been asked for some kind of documents or update after their vawa approval, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Should i be worried?

I never got a transfer notice, just interview letter

Timeline
13 hours ago, mazi said:

Good morning , Please do i need to include my pay stub and W2s for completing I-864W? or all i need to do is to fill the form and that is it . @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj or anyone who knows .  Thank you very much . 

i-864w is no longer needed

19 hours ago, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone 

my vawa was approved in April 2021. It was filed in August 2019 along with i485 and i765 too. It’s been almost 4 months but my i485 still doesn’t show any update. It still says case was received. I never got update for transfer or for any RFE either.i have seen people been asked for some kind of documents or update after their vawa approval, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Should i be worried?

?hi. i filed sept 2019.  vawa approved May. we are kind on same timeline. you are a month after me lol

anyways . i also didnt get any update on i485 after 3 months. i only got new biometrics apt and was surprised because i did bio last year. and the bio was just 2 fingers only. 

i think they have transfered ur filed but didnt update it.

did u get new  bio?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, and therefore time for our Semiweekly Semiofficial VAWA-Thread Joke:

=======================

THE SECURE BENCH

A new general was assigned to an Army base.  After some time there, he realized that two Army men were guarding an empty bench in shifts.

He asked his colleagues and his juniors what it was all about.  A colleague said, "I don't know, but it's been a tradition here since I joined 35 years ago."

The general, confused as he was, went through the list of the past generals of that base until he found the one who had been in charge 35 years previously.  He attempted to find him, and learned that he had retired and lived at the countryside.  He contacted him and requested a meeting.

On the day of the meeting, the general asked the retired commander why that bench was guarded around the clock.

The commander was shocked.  "So you're telling me that the paint on that bench hasn't dried YET?!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

4 hours ago, ridimic1 said:

?hi. i filed sept 2019.  vawa approved May. we are kind on same timeline. you are a month after me lol

anyways . i also didnt get any update on i485 after 3 months. i only got new biometrics apt and was surprised because i did bio last year. and the bio was just 2 fingers only. 

i think they have transfered ur filed but didnt update it.

did u get new  bio?

No nothing at all..still completely silent..!! I checked with my lawyer couple of weeks ago she said they haven’t received anything as yet., it’s so frustrating 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, Gheorghexxx said:

So happy!!! Got an update 2min ago!!!

7DBF4A09-2C7E-4F52-99E8-43F8A61490E8.jpeg

Congratulations💥 could please  share your timeline.

3 minutes ago, saraa88 said:

I got vawa approval in april 2021. Got asked to renew biometrics in july 2021. Nothing since. Should I contact congress person or keep waiting?

congrats, can you share your timeline ?

Filed: Other Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj and any other folk out here, I need your help in analyzing this report I got from my former supervisor. I reported to him that I was being extorted by my ex wife. In fact the thoughts of what I was going through with her made me leave my duty post on the day that this incident happened. What’s your take on the affidavit my former supervisor wrote? Does it help or mar my case? Thanks 

F3C3CBA7-40AB-41CA-A651-4D9EE313EFB8.jpeg

34 minutes ago, PB7 said:

Congratulations💥 could please  share your timeline.

April 10 2018 filed for I360, I485 and I765 c09

every time when I had proofs or updates I was sending them even if they did not ask for 

April 10 2019 - I 360 last update we received your correspondence and reviewing it

since then did not get any updates till 09/04/2021 a letter

September 7 2021 - I360 case was approved  

Applied 3 times through ombudsman did not help.

On 03/08/2021 applied Through congressman got an update from him on 05/27/2021 that my case wasn’tassigned to any officer. Congressman helped!!

20 minutes ago, bRANKLATA said:

Hi Vawa family, 

Can anyone share information regarding how long does it take to apply for citizenship after you become resident through VAWA apllication? 

Thank you

Depends on the Abuser status: 

Abuser Us citizens: 3 years

Abuser LPR: 5 Years

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj and any other folk out here, I need your help in analyzing this report I got from my former supervisor. I reported to him that I was being extorted by my ex wife. In fact the thoughts of what I was going through with her made me leave my duty post on the day that this incident happened. What’s your take on the affidavit my former supervisor wrote? Does it help or mar my case? Thanks 

F3C3CBA7-40AB-41CA-A651-4D9EE313EFB8.jpeg

I wouldn't use it because there are some incriminating statements in there. Like,  " I asked officer why he left his post. He replied that his wife is taking his money and not doing what she said would do"

This is the WORST, " I had him explain the situation and officer stated that she accepted money from him to marry him"

That's my take on it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.