2,965 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Dear friends - i got the green card earlier this year. Thank you all for all the support and help. 

i still have my old “temporary” social security card that i got when was on work visa. SS offices are closed due to covid. Does anyone know how to update / replace it with “standard” ss card? I may be getting a new job soon and just need to ensure the ss card is standard

I called and make an in person appoiment they are limited but I got thru and replace it. Maybe you can try as well. Otherwise Social Security administration is advising to sent SS# Replacement form with the original Green Card and a mail back envelope, some people had done this way, but I do not trust this. 

Edited by FeDaniela

2 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Dear friends - i got the green card earlier this year. Thank you all for all the support and help. 

i still have my old “temporary” social security card that i got when was on work visa. SS offices are closed due to covid. Does anyone know how to update / replace it with “standard” ss card? I may be getting a new job soon and just need to ensure the ss card is standard

Congratulations, can you please share your timeline. 

hello dear community, please help me with this question: my vawa was appproved on march 2020, sent i485 on dec 2018, I dont know if my processing office is queens or manhattan, I live in Queens, 

should I be looking at i485 processing times queens, manhattan or or St Vermont albans?

are the uscis processing times on their website accurate to reality?

2 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Did you file I-360? If so, what's your timeline? 

Thank you

3 hours ago, ponak98 said:

You have to either call in to schedule an appointment or apply via mail. If you apply via mail you have to send in the original green card and form SS-5 to your local SSA office. If your name changed you also have to send in an original of the name change document.

They'll return it within a week and your updated social security card should arrive within 2-3 weeks.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What are some of the benefits of a prima facie determination ? Can I use the letter to get education benefits like in state tuition or financial aid ?

Edited by ajango

Hi everyone 

my vawa was approved in April 2021. It was filed in August 2019 along with i485 and i765 too. It’s been almost 4 months but my i485 still doesn’t show any update. It still says case was received. I never got update for transfer or for any RFE either.i have seen people been asked for some kind of documents or update after their vawa approval, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Should i be worried?

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/1/2021 at 1:46 PM, balo101 said:

congratulations.

What date did they receive your file and what about your i-131 is that approve too?

I-131 was approved a day after EAD was approved.

Can an Adjustment of status to H1b be done while waiting on the VAWA EAD ?

My attorney advised me not to exit the country as I was out-of-status for a few days while we replied back to the I-130 NOID with the I-360 and that it's risky even though I've the VAWA - EAD-AP. The was worried about getting an RFE or NOID on the I-360 while I was out to get the H1b stamp. I wanted to be on H1b as a backup while waiting on the I-360 but now I'm not sure if it can be done.

Is it not possible do a COS to H1b via consular processing using the EAD/AP to travel?

TIA. 

6 hours ago, mazi said:

Good morning , Please do i need to include my pay stub and W2s for completing I-864W? or all i need to do is to fill the form and that is it . @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj or anyone who knows .  Thank you very much . 

All you need is the form. VAWA applicants are exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.