2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, DeeeHT said:

Hi! Pls how do I go about sending an email to my congressman or senator? I really need help. 

I applied for VAWA feb 2020 but my EAD C09 expired Nov 2020 and renewal was denied Feb 2021, I think based on the i130 & i485 I filed initially with my husband. I’ve not been unable to work since May 2021 after the EAD extension ran out.

My lawyer isn’t saying anything but to wait for VAWA approval. 
I support myself and I’m not sure how long I can survive without a job as I don’t know when my VAWA will be approved. 

a little back story, my i130 & i485 was denied in Jan 2020 because I didn’t attend the interview - it was scheduled twice, I didn’t go both times. My lawyer filed an appeal and it was reopened in Feb 2020. Same month I applied for VAWA. I used the EAD C09 from the i130 to work till it expired Nov 2020. 

is there a way to get EAD C09 or C31 this year before VAWA approval?? 
thank you 🙏🏾 

If you do not currently have an active I-485 application, they will deny your C09 EAD.  What did the denial letter say?  A congressman cannot help with application decisions.  Your lawyer can re-apply for your I-485, I-765, I-131 if you were married to a US Citizen.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sk N said:

Hi Fam , need urgent help ...

I have i485 interview this month but when i check my case history it is showing On August 17, 2021, your inquiry about an approval notice that you did not receive, referral number SR10********, was completed.

what does it mean by approval notice? 

Please advise 

The update is your 485?

1 minute ago, MariaX said:

The update is your 485?

Yes, i made inquires in the past for both i765 and i485 but it just showing on my i485 case status history

Edited by Sk N

11 hours ago, Reister said:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
you can put your zip code it should show your representative in your district . You can call them for assistance . There is no way you can get C31 EAD before VAWA approval . C09 or C14 is possible if you are not in removal proceedings . 

Thank you 🙏🏾 I don’t think I was in removal proceedings. I got a notice that said my i485 & i130 was denied and a notice to leave the country within 33days or so. My lawyer then filed an appeal at the time and I got another notice that said case was reopened and that was it. Do you think I can still apply for EAD based on that application that was reopened? 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sk N said:

Yes, i made inquires in the past for both i765 and i485 but it just showing on my i485 case status history

They informed you that the inquire completed . But it’s says your inquire about an approval notice that you didn’t receive. I’m sorry don’t know what it’s mean 😞 

3 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

If you do not currently have an active I-485 application, they will deny your C09 EAD.  What did the denial letter say?  A congressman cannot help with application decisions.  Your lawyer can re-apply for your I-485, I-765, I-131 if you were married to a US Citizen.  

Thanks. Yes I am married to a USC. My lawyer applied for another i485 & i765 with my VAWA. 

The denial letter was for the i130 & i485 I filed initial with my husband. And I got a notice to leave the country within 33days as I didn’t show up for the i485 interview. My lawyer filed an appeal and the case was reopened. That was the last update I got on that. And I filed my VAWA less than a month after that. 

1 hour ago, Sk N said:

I’ve had a few of those and believe to a great extent that when investigations pertaining to a particular enquiry is resolved or concluded, the status updates to ‘completed’👍

48 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

Thank you 🙏🏾 I don’t think I was in removal proceedings. I got a notice that said my i485 & i130 was denied and a notice to leave the country within 33days or so. My lawyer then filed an appeal at the time and I got another notice that said case was reopened and that was it. Do you think I can still apply for EAD based on that application that was reopened? 

You can apply for EAD based on I485 pending (C09)as long as you are not in removal proceedings . I would suggest to double check with your lawyer to see if you have been placed on removal proceedings or no . 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

Yes if your case is reopened you can apply for a new EAD but you don’t know how long is gonna stay open for your EAD card to be approve, why don’t you file a new I-485 and I-765  forms and get out of that mess

21 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I’ve had a few of those and believe to a great extent that when investigations pertaining to a particular enquiry is resolved or concluded, the status updates to ‘completed’👍

i wonder why would it say about approval notice on i485?

sign_icon.png

On August 17, 2021, your inquiry about an approval notice that you did not receive, referral number SR1************, was completed.

Edited by Sk N

22 minutes ago, sheima said:

Yes if your case is reopened you can apply for a new EAD but you don’t know how long is gonna stay open for your EAD card to be approve, why don’t you file a new I-485 and I-765  forms and get out of that mess

23 minutes ago, sheima said:

I already filed for a new i485 & i765 with my VAWA. But I’m unable to work now because my old EAD expired. My old case still says reopened from Jan 2020 - (this is for the i130 & i485 filed initially)

unfortunately when I applied for the EAD renewal based on the old i130 & i485 it got denied and the notice was sent to my old address so I don’t even know why it was denied and I can’t even change my address due to my VAWA, I can’t risk my husband finding out about anything.

The case is still open, I really don’t know why I would get denied 😔 I really need to work before I become homeless. 

A4EBE9DF-D781-4E5B-8E53-DB316E9F4BFF.jpeg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

I already filed for a new i485 & i765 with my VAWA. But I’m unable to work now because my old EAD expired. My old case still says reopened from Jan 2020 - (this is for the i130 & i485 filed initially)

unfortunately when I applied for the EAD renewal based on the old i130 & i485 it got denied and the notice was sent to my old address so I don’t even know why it was denied and I can’t even change my address due to my VAWA, I can’t risk my husband finding out about anything.

The case is still open, I really don’t know why I would get denied 😔 I really need to work before I become homeless. 

So there is confusion here.  You have two I-485 applications and two I-765 applications.  Your lawyer needs to straighten this out.  I sounds like when your lawyer filed the second time he put your I-765 for C31.  Your reopened I-485 is for C09.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

34 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

Use the notice where your case was reopened, attached notice of old 1485 with it and re- submitted it with a cover letter explaining your situation and to be on the safe side, you can apply for another 1485 and apply base on that. They may still be seeing the denial in the system.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DeeeHT said:

If you have already filed new forms with your vawa application then you should focus on the new ones and forget about the one that is already being denied, I will suggest you contact your congressman to help you inquire on your new EAD application 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.