2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, balo101 said:

Hello everyone,

I just came back to USA few days ago. I travelled on AP. I was out for almost 40 days. it was a smooth trip. This was my third trip since VAWA is pending. 

I am Dec, 2019 filler. 

Welcome back. Which airport did you use? Were you escalated to secondary clearance on arrival?

1 hour ago, MariaX said:

Same me. I just interested in what the status mean☺️ We can’t say that they are working on our case and get decision soon because some applicant got the status in 5-6 month after sent a case and the have to wait min 12 month. Did you ask your lawyer about the status ? They must have to know it I think 

@sandranj could you please tell us what does this status mean ?

8 hours ago, Hope4me said:

Welcome back. Which airport did you use? Were you escalated to secondary clearance on arrival?

I came at JFK NY. With AP they always take you to the secondary inspection. I was there for almost 3 minutes. They just check in the system and stamp the passport. I have travelled on AP for few times already and each time i am there not more than 5 mins. It was pretty straight forward so far. 

13 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi community!

I quick question - I received an RFE for medicals (I693) and I just mailed it back to the address specified (its a local office).
Question - how long after submitting updated medicals (my initial medicals expired because its been over 3 years of pending I485) should I be expecting for an interview notice ? And I heard that USCIS could be requesting medicals to bring with you to an interview or to mail it to them...does it mean that 485 case will be adjudicated without an interview if my RFE asked to mail it to them ?

Thank you!

Most likely it will be adjudicated without interview . No one can tell exactly how many days it takes for them to process it . I have read people have gotten decision as fast as 9 days to  83 days so far . 

13 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Mine has been showing correspondence was received since March 29 till now. Filed October 2019

If you filed October 2019 . Probably they are finalizing your case I assume . I applied in September 2019 and got my EAD card a little over 2 month ago . Soon enough hopefully 🙏 

9 hours ago, MariaX said:

Same me. I just interested in what the status mean☺️ We can’t say that they are working on our case and get decision soon because some applicant got the status in 5-6 month after sent a case and the have to wait min 12 month. Did you ask your lawyer about the status ? They must have to know it I think 

I haven't asked my lawyer, i will

Timeline
14 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi community!

I quick question - I received an RFE for medicals (I693) and I just mailed it back to the address specified (its a local office).
Question - how long after submitting updated medicals (my initial medicals expired because its been over 3 years of pending I485) should I be expecting for an interview notice ? And I heard that USCIS could be requesting medicals to bring with you to an interview or to mail it to them...does it mean that 485 case will be adjudicated without an interview if my RFE asked to mail it to them ?

Thank you!

Congratulations!!!! If they asked you to mail in your medical it’s likely they  waived your interview.

After submitting your medical it takes anywhere from a week to four months to get your GC, mine took about two months to get my GC, am looking at it right now as am texting this message, good luck 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Screenshot_20210818-215531312_1.jpg

I sent my REF in NOV-2020, and status changed to Correspondence  Received, after that it was completely silent for 5 month and next Updated was We Mailed you a new Card and it was C31 EAD, so mine took 5 month for the update. My lawyer told me that they will investigate based on your RFE response, so if you RFE is simple that they will take decision faster otherwise it will take some time.

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

Timeline

I have a question about Outside Normal Processing Time, i send online request for Outside Normal Processing Time and they updated status saying we have responded to request but neither me nor my lawyer got anything.

I did got email from the indicated that they received the request i should expect response by Aug 7th.

Does the response comes in as a Letter in Mail or they will send and E-mail.

43 minutes ago, Nick2020 said:

I sent my REF in NOV-2020, and status changed to Correspondence  Received, after that it was completely silent for 5 month and next Updated was We Mailed you a new Card and it was C31 EAD, so mine took 5 month for the update. My lawyer told me that they will investigate based on your RFE response, so if you RFE is simple that they will take decision faster otherwise it will take some time.

what was your RFE about ?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sk N said:

what was your RFE about ?

It was about Good Faith Marriage.

34 minutes ago, Nick2020 said:

I have a question about Outside Normal Processing Time, i send online request for Outside Normal Processing Time and they updated status saying we have responded to request but neither me nor my lawyer got anything.

I did got email from the indicated that they received the request i should expect response by Aug 7th.

Does the response comes in as a Letter in Mail or they will send and E-mail.

Your I-485 is base on an approved Vawa, they will not respond to an online e-request, they will mail you a letter to write to Vermont Service Center to inquiry.  The best way to inquiry is thru congressman office or Senator. 

3 minutes ago, Nick2020 said:

It was about Good Faith Marriage.

DAMN, i was asked for lot of things since they did not receive my packet it was cross connected and i send it again now complete silence 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.