2,965 posts in this topic

Hi Vawa family I wanted to clarify in terms of inadmissible if vermont grants the petition a vawa applicant can be waived under the section below?

I wanted to verify if my understanding is correct. Because of our vindictive spouse, if their is no resort i just want be confirmed that if in this situation inadmissible can be waived during interview in future. 

(i) Admission of immigrant inadmissible for fraud or willful misrepresentation of material fact

(1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)(C) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien or, in the case of a VAWA self-petitioner, the alien demonstrates extreme hardship to the alien or the alien's United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or qualified alien parent or child.

(2) No court shall have jurisdiction to review a decision or action of the Attorney General regarding a waiver under paragraph (1).

Filed: Timeline

. Validity Period of Form I-693 (Including Use of Prior Versions)

Effective August 12, 2021, USCIS is temporarily extending the validity period of an otherwise valid Form I-693 in cases where:

• The civil surgeon’s signature on Form I-693 is dated no more than 60 days before the applicant files Form I-485;

• No more than 4 years have passed since the date of the civil surgeon’s signature; and

• The decision on Form I-485 is issued on or before September 30, 2021.

8 hours ago, Demise said:

USCIS is legally prohibited from taking anything from the abusive spouse in regards to VAWA. If you think he can impersonate you, this is really the one time when VAWA's privacy protections will actually do what they're supposed to (rather than just frustrating the applicants). He'd have to write in and perfectly forge your signature.

So I should not worry if he will reject my case or lie like annulment? 

23 hours ago, JMercado said:

Do you mind sharing for how long if your GC valid. Is it the 2 or 10 year ? 

It should be valid for 10yrs! Mine is, along with the rest here who are approved!👍 just got off work guys and see I was mentioned in several discussions! I hope your questions were all answered! If not hit me up!😊

10 hours ago, BollyB said:

Hello 👋🏾 

please can an unused approved i130 delay or have any effect on the vawa processing?

I would like to know if it will automatically be canceled even if it isn’t withdrawn and can’t get it to be withdrawn.

Thank you 🙏🏽 

Mine changed to “Case closed! Benefits gotten through other means!” Soon as my green card was approved!👍

13 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Good morning. 
Yesterday out of the blue my congresswoman sent me an email about my case, saying that my local office issued me a RFE to mail in my medical. So I scheduled it for Monday!!! 
for those who sent in medicals, how long did it take for the case to be approved??

It’s usually a good thing when they ask for the medical to be mailed in! It precedes approval in most cases! Can be anywhere from 1 through 4months…🤷🏻‍♀️

On 8/13/2021 at 7:16 PM, Salyeen said:

Hey family I know my life been Awful but I have no one to trust or ask I know is big problem my story happened two days ago the far I had was my ex name but he lives in other state not in my state since he abandoned me I kept the car I put my passport and all my id and vawa Receipt in the car ( because I live in a big house I put it in the car more safety then the house ) 

so I woke up the car was gone I reported as stolen but I was wondering if my ex behind that could he trasfer the car from my state to his state while I have the key ?

if he read the vawa Receipt could he Ruin my case ? 

if the EAD and SSN got stolen is it hard to get them ? And the usics will put me in Problem?

i have the case number for the report and they report my identification been stolen . 

plz help with no harm I already been having Anxiety

Wondering why you chose the car to put important documents in! Not exactly a bright idea! It’s possible your ex is behind it! He could monitor your case if he has the documents you say he may have that is; if he is actually behind the car theft! Monitoring is the most he can do… he cannot influence it negatively!👍

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wondering why you chose the car to put important documents in! Not exactly a bright idea! It’s possible your ex is behind it! He could monitor your case if he has the documents you say he may have that is; if he is actually behind the car theft! Monitoring is the most he can do… he cannot influence it negatively!👍

I always trust you and always positive person thank you 😭❤️

So he can’t lie to usics or do annulment? 
or affect my case or destroy it ?

7 hours ago, Sk N said:

Hi Vawa family I wanted to clarify in terms of inadmissible if vermont grants the petition a vawa applicant can be waived under the section below?

I wanted to verify if my understanding is correct. Because of our vindictive spouse, if their is no resort i just want be confirmed that if in this situation inadmissible can be waived during interview in future. 

(i) Admission of immigrant inadmissible for fraud or willful misrepresentation of material fact

(1) The Attorney General may, in the discretion of the Attorney General, waive the application of clause (i) of subsection (a)(6)(C) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of admission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawfully resident spouse or parent of such an alien or, in the case of a VAWA self-petitioner, the alien demonstrates extreme hardship to the alien or the alien's United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or qualified alien parent or child.

(2) No court shall have jurisdiction to review a decision or action of the Attorney General regarding a waiver under paragraph (1).

Lets take a step back, why do you think this would be applicable to you?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

I always trust you and always positive person thank you 😭❤️

So he can’t lie to usics or do annulment? 
or affect my case or destroy it ?

He can try but it would end in futility! USCIS does not take into consideration any statements from your abuser! Please try to make better decisions in the future! I never put any important documents in my car! What were you thinking?married to a psycho…you thought he would never come to taunt you? You need to be more security conscious!😏

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

He can try but it would end in futility! USCIS does not take into consideration any statements from your abuser! Please try to make better decisions in the future! I never put any important documents in my car! What were you thinking?married to a psycho…you thought he would never come to taunt you? You need to be more security conscious!😏

I swear the car was the safe place because we in big house and 3 people in my room and one of them has kids 

thank you so much you just made my day I thought he will reject my case or talk to usics saying I’m a lie ❤️

Filed: Other Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, FeDaniela said:

Inquiry with congressman office. Almost a year to get an EAD renewal is a lot. 

Yes it is. I contacted ombudsman and the said the y cannot help me because my EAD automatically was extended for 180 days:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Office of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) Ombudsman

USCIS automatically extends certain Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) for up to 180 days for applicants who:
    1) timely and properly filed for renewal before their current EAD expired; and
    2) are otherwise eligible for an employment authorization renewal.

EAD categories eligible for automatic extension are listed on USCIS' webpage, Automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Extension. See https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/automatic-employment-authorization-document-ead-extension. Eligible applicants must be renewing under the same eligibility category as previously granted. Note that the extension does not apply to travel documents, even if you have been granted what USCIS calls a "Combo Card".

Based on the information you provided to our office, the expiration date for your EAD was June 11, 2021 and you filed your renewal application on September 21, 2020 under one of the categories that is eligible for an automatic 180-day extension. Since you appear to be eligible for automatic extension of your employment authorization, we are closing your inquiry.

If you do not receive a decision on your renewal application 30 days before the expiration of the 180-day extension, you may contact our office. For further information on USCIS' policy on automatic EAD extensions or how the extension is documented on Form I-9, please visit USCIS' webpage Automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Extension and Auto-Extended EAD Fact Sheet. See also https://www,uscis.gov/site/default/files/USCIS/Verfication/I-9Central/FactSheets/Fact-Sheet-AutoExtendEAD.pdf.

Thank you for giving the Office of the CIS Ombudsman the opportunity to review this matter. Please take our customer satisfaction survey.  Your feedback is important to us.

18 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

Yes it is. I contacted ombudsman and the said the y cannot help me because my EAD automatically was extended for 180 days:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Office of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) Ombudsman

USCIS automatically extends certain Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) for up to 180 days for applicants who:
    1) timely and properly filed for renewal before their current EAD expired; and
    2) are otherwise eligible for an employment authorization renewal.

EAD categories eligible for automatic extension are listed on USCIS' webpage, Automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Extension. See https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/automatic-employment-authorization-document-ead-extension. Eligible applicants must be renewing under the same eligibility category as previously granted. Note that the extension does not apply to travel documents, even if you have been granted what USCIS calls a "Combo Card".

Based on the information you provided to our office, the expiration date for your EAD was June 11, 2021 and you filed your renewal application on September 21, 2020 under one of the categories that is eligible for an automatic 180-day extension. Since you appear to be eligible for automatic extension of your employment authorization, we are closing your inquiry.

If you do not receive a decision on your renewal application 30 days before the expiration of the 180-day extension, you may contact our office. For further information on USCIS' policy on automatic EAD extensions or how the extension is documented on Form I-9, please visit USCIS' webpage Automatic Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Extension and Auto-Extended EAD Fact Sheet. See also https://www,uscis.gov/site/default/files/USCIS/Verfication/I-9Central/FactSheets/Fact-Sheet-AutoExtendEAD.pdf.

Thank you for giving the Office of the CIS Ombudsman the opportunity to review this matter. Please take our customer satisfaction survey.  Your feedback is important to us.

So make the inquiry once again since the EAD extension also Expired. Do Congressman as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.