2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Could you provide us with detailed timeline please? RFEs, PFs, transfers etc...

File Date- Aug 2019

Pf 1- Oct 2019

pf2- Nov 2020

rfe- March 2021

rfe was about good faith marriage, clearance from home country and proof of docs to support that my wife lived with me. Just letters from witnesses, letter from me to prove the marriage is true and clearance from home country that I have a clean record that’s it.

rfe sent- Aug 2021

Vawa approved- sep 2021

4 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

Hi family, I would like ask what is the green card category for VAWA appliances. B26 or BX6? I am very confused. 

IB6

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

On 9/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, FeDaniela said:

Yes even a denied I-130 in the past, your I-360 will reflect that priority date. My I-130 is still show approved it never changed. 

Does this mean that they treat your i-360 as if it was submitted the date you had previously submitted your i-130? Because that would mean faster processing time. My I-130 priority date is 08/2018 and I submitted I-360 this year. I included my approved i130 letter, so will my i360 get the priority date of 08/2018?? 

Hi community!

My attorney told me the I-485 has been maintained from the previous petition (adjustment through spouse) following the Green card interview — to which we went together to explain the current situation. It seems the I-485 is still in abeyance, but my attorney told me that it could be “administratively closed” at any moment, and be reopened when the I-360 is adjudicated — meaning my EAD would be suspended during this period, or I would have to file a new I-485.

Has anyone been in this situation? Is there a real probability that it gets closed, whereas 4 months have already passed since the interview?

And has any of you heard about people being denied their vawa petition?

Thanks in advance :)

6 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Does this mean that they treat your i-360 as if it was submitted the date you had previously submitted your i-130? Because that would mean faster processing time. My I-130 priority date is 08/2018 and I submitted I-360 this year. I included my approved i130 letter, so will my i360 get the priority date of 08/2018?? 

Not clear to me either… it would be great!

On 9/18/2021 at 11:11 AM, Pinkrlion said:

It goes from NBC to your local office.  Check your local office processing times.  

Interesting! I am in the same situation with the previous i-485 being maintained with current I-360. My attorney said it coule be “administratively closed” at any moment. Had you heard about this? No such issue for you?

16 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

Thank you for replying. I think C9 is the category for EAD card. Green card is in a different category. 😂

Oups, sorry!!

17 hours ago, Orangeland said:

Thanks for answering! My ex was a green card holder, I forgot to mention. Spouse of green card holder seems in a different category 

B26 in that case.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

53 minutes ago, SilverLining2 said:

Interesting! I am in the same situation with the previous i-485 being maintained with current I-360. My attorney said it coule be “administratively closed” at any moment. Had you heard about this? No such issue for you?

Oups, sorry!!

No need to be sorry at all ☺️

Edited by Orangeland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.