2,965 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Ana FL said:

There is no template just tell them you filed for vawa and you want to check the status of your case. Simple like that. If you have any other info like RFE, pass processing time, and more you let them know. 
the. They will probably send you a form where you enter your receipt number, alien number and they can check your case for you

Thanks 

Timeline
On 8/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, Ana FL said:

OMG!!! Guys, I posted 2 days ago that my local office received my medicals and today I got a new card is being produced under my I-485 application. I still can’t believe it. My local office is Miami, FL.

thank you everyone who took the time to answer questions, offer support and prayers for all of us. I’ll post my complete timeline over the weekend!!! 
once again, Thank you!!

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸 happy for you 🎶🎶🎶

Timeline
12 hours ago, balo101 said:

i just received third prima facia. All three times i did not request. 

I am a Dec 2019 filler and just made 20 months last week.

Hopefully will get a good news soon.

Usually they mail you a new one automatically before the old one expire and hopefully you gonna hear something on your I-360 soon, 

remember longer your case the closer you come. Good luck 😊

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I was wondering if there is a way to file for divorce without the spouse being "involved" or at least make the process as smooth as possible since I am a VAWA applicant and do not wish to interact with my spouse. I have been willing to do this for the longest time but do not know how to proceed. I got married in NYC but do not even know where my spouse is currently living, we haven't been in touch since I left him in 2019. I currently reside in Maryland. 

Can you guys tell me how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, Ocean23 said:

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I was wondering if there is a way to file for divorce without the spouse being "involved" or at least make the process as smooth as possible since I am a VAWA applicant and do not wish to interact with my spouse. I have been willing to do this for the longest time but do not know how to proceed. I got married in NYC but do not even know where my spouse is currently living, we haven't been in touch since I left him in 2019. I currently reside in Maryland. 

Can you guys tell me how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Look up to see if your state is allowing online divorce for simple divorce (no assets, no kids) if so, you just need his e-mail address to send the paperwork and as long as he is ok with the divorce it can be done very quickly, mine took less than a month. 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

On 8/26/2021 at 10:15 PM, Ana FL said:

OMG!!! Guys, I posted 2 days ago that my local office received my medicals and today I got a new card is being produced under my I-485 application. I still can’t believe it. My local office is Miami, FL.

thank you everyone who took the time to answer questions, offer support and prayers for all of us. I’ll post my complete timeline over the weekend!!! 
once again, Thank you!!

Hello and Congratulations.

Please provide us with the detailed timeline ! :)

12 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Look up to see if your state is allowing online divorce for simple divorce (no assets, no kids) if so, you just need his e-mail address to send the paperwork and as long as he is ok with the divorce it can be done very quickly, mine took less than a month. 

I will look it up. Thanks!

Hi VJ family,

I would like to ask your opinion about my issue. Should I contact with my Congressman?? My timeline is below.

Applied  I-130,  I-485  -- November 2017

Interview Scheduled --September 2018 (However, my spouse threatened  and abused me, and did not show up for the interview. My lawyer talked with USCIS and changed the case Vawa and kept open my I-485 case.)

Applied I-360 --October 2018

C31 EAD received  --October 2020

I-360 Approved  -- December 2020

Applied EAD and AP -- June 2021

I am afraid that I will lose my job, If I do not get my EAD before the first week of October. They have not even cashed my checks yet. I know I have one more month, but I am so nervous. What should I do if I do not receive my EAD before October? Also, my lawyer is telling me that I might receive my interview notification about min 12-18 months. Any idea what is the timeline for the Interview so far? 

Thank you so much VJ family!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.