2,965 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Vale1 said:

Family, 

I was sure this moment would never happen for me but… a notification with “new card is being produced” was sent tonight!! After 1004 days my Vawa was approved without any RFE. Applied on November 19 2018. Exactly 33 months. 
im so happy and relieved. 
now waiting for approval notice and a new card. Hope these next steps would be faster than ever! 

Congratulations 🎊🎉 

Congratulations to all of those who got approved! 👏🏼💪🏼
now that thou have your GC have you been advised to wait before traveling outside the US? Or anyone who traveled after getting your GC, any experiences? 
I keep wondering if it’s advisable to wait before traveling abroad to visit for a short period? 

2 minutes ago, JMercado said:

Congratulations to all of those who got approved! 👏🏼💪🏼
now that thou have your GC have you been advised to wait before traveling outside the US? Or anyone who traveled after getting your GC, any experiences? 
I keep wondering if it’s advisable to wait before traveling abroad to visit for a short period? 

Hey dear, I’m sure there’s no wait time to use your green card…if you need to travel just go ahead and do so! You’re a permanent resident it’s your right!👍

So this is a case analysis app, to the applicants who have been asking about the message "Correspondence has been received has been received, USICS has been reviewing it" 

Look at the screenshot 

probability.JPG

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, Vale1 said:

Family, 

I was sure this moment would never happen for me but… a notification with “new card is being produced” was sent tonight!! After 1004 days my Vawa was approved without any RFE. Applied on November 19 2018. Exactly 33 months. 
now waiting for approval notice and a new card. Hope these next steps would be faster than ever! 

yeeeey, I am so happy for you. Finally, you got it. Thank God.

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sk N said:

So this is a case analysis app, to the applicants who have been asking about the message "Correspondence has been received has been received, USICS has been reviewing it" 

Look at the screenshot 

probability.JPG

Thanks for sharing. Is anybody got denied after the status ? Have you heard ? Interesting. Min Chance is get denied after the status . 

28 minutes ago, MariaX said:

Thanks for sharing. Is anybody got denied after the status ? Have you heard ? Interesting. Min Chance is get denied after the status . 

if you were had to be denied your case would not hang for this long ! give it time. I am sure you are approved. 

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sk N said:

if you were had to be denied your case would not hang for this long ! give it time. I am sure you are approved. 

You are second person told me same, thank you 🙏

On 8/20/2021 at 12:41 AM, Vale1 said:

Family, 

33 months long wait... congratulations 🥳🥳🥳it will all be over soon😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

[Note to self:  jokes worked again... jokes worked again... correlation = causation...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 8/18/2021 at 12:50 PM, Princewill1 said:

I filed in Dec 2020 and got my Prima Facie Determination in the last week of June 2021. So, it took me 6 months and a few days to get it.

For my Combo card, I wrote an expedite request letter, my attorney reviewed the letter and supporting documents;  and emailed them to Vermont, but they ignored it. I mailed the same letter and supporting documents to VSC, they still did not move an inch. They only updated my I-360 with correspondence was received and they are reviewing it. Nothing else!

So I told my lawyer that I wanted to contact my Senator and he said go ahead. I kept my attorney in the picture by forwarding Senator's emails to him as well. My Senator submitted the same expedite request letter dated February (without changing the date or anything - exactly the same things me and my attorney submitted before) and supporting documents to USCIS in July 2021. My Senator came back with a response that USCIS has approved my expedited request. I was surprised. My I-765 & 131 were approved few days after I got my Senator's email, and my Combo Card was sent to my attorney few days after.

Expedite requests have NO negative impacts on any application. It's very fine for them to either approve or deny them. No negative impact.

Hi! Pls how do I go about sending an email to my congressman or senator? I really need help. 

I applied for VAWA feb 2020 but my EAD C09 expired Nov 2020 and renewal was denied Feb 2021, I think based on the i130 & i485 I filed initially with my husband. I’ve not been unable to work since May 2021 after the EAD extension ran out.

My lawyer isn’t saying anything but to wait for VAWA approval. 
I support myself and I’m not sure how long I can survive without a job as I don’t know when my VAWA will be approved. 

a little back story, my i130 & i485 was denied in Jan 2020 because I didn’t attend the interview - it was scheduled twice, I didn’t go both times. My lawyer filed an appeal and it was reopened in Feb 2020. Same month I applied for VAWA. I used the EAD C09 from the i130 to work till it expired Nov 2020. 

is there a way to get EAD C09 or C31 this year before VAWA approval?? 
thank you 🙏🏾 

6 hours ago, DeeeHT said:

Hi! Pls how do I go about sending an email to my congressman or senator? I really need help. 

I applied for VAWA feb 2020 but my EAD C09 expired Nov 2020 and renewal was denied Feb 2021, I think based on the i130 & i485 I filed initially with my husband. I’ve not been unable to work since May 2021 after the EAD extension ran out.

My lawyer isn’t saying anything but to wait for VAWA approval. 
I support myself and I’m not sure how long I can survive without a job as I don’t know when my VAWA will be approved. 

a little back story, my i130 & i485 was denied in Jan 2020 because I didn’t attend the interview - it was scheduled twice, I didn’t go both times. My lawyer filed an appeal and it was reopened in Feb 2020. Same month I applied for VAWA. I used the EAD C09 from the i130 to work till it expired Nov 2020. 

is there a way to get EAD C09 or C31 this year before VAWA approval?? 
thank you 🙏🏾 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
you can put your zip code it should show your representative in your district . You can call them for assistance . There is no way you can get C31 EAD before VAWA approval . C09 or C14 is possible if you are not in removal proceedings . 

Hi Fam , need urgent help ...

I have i485 interview this month but when i check my case history it is showing On August 17, 2021, your inquiry about an approval notice that you did not receive, referral number SR10********, was completed.

what does it mean by approval notice? 

Please advise 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.