seekingthetruth

USEM Manila Rescheduling Interview

9 posts in this topic

@Ron Babb I saw your Manila embassy review.  Thanks very much for that!

Apparently you had to reschedule your interview appointment.  Could you describe the steps you took to reschedule and any tips you might have for us?

There is a good chance I will need to reschedule when we get the appointment later this year or early next.  If anyone else has recent info to share, it is appreciated.  Inclusion of e-mail addresses, phone numbers and contacts is always great!  I have read old threads about this, but I would like to stay up-to-date.

Thanks!

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

After my wife missed the interview due to sputum testing we sent an email to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com on 5/10 and a follow up on 5/19. We received an email on 5/27 with an appointment on 6/8.

See, I did not even know of the email address RO_AH, above, found at:  https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-main-contactus.asp#contactinfo

The Manila consulate is pushing, in their emails,  their new Inquiry page:  https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/   of which they seem not to directly respond to, but did take action on (after seven or more requests in a month) by sending a "new appointment" email to us.  Or was it because I sent an email to the White House.  

Anyway, you have to have some kind of reason to expedite you case else you float in the backlog for months.....

1 hour ago, Ron Babb said:

Anyway, you have to have some kind of reason to expedite you case else you float in the backlog for months.....

By sending to the email address above mine was automatically expedited. I made no request to expedite or give any reasons for expedite.

14 hours ago, RO_AH said:

By sending to the email address above mine was automatically expedited. I made no request to expedite or give any reasons for expedite.

My wife snd i have sent email after email and she has contacted them via phone and still nothing on new interview date i am getting fed up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, RO_AH said:

It's testimonies like that that make me so frustrated with USEM. It's the lack of consistency. It seems to depend squarely on who is reading your request on that day, whether they personally feel sympathetic to your circumstances, if they're in a good mood, etc.

7 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

My wife snd i have sent email after email and she has contacted them via phone and still nothing on new interview date i am getting fed up.

Have you ever been given an initial interview yet? We had our original interview but missed it due to sputum testing. Ours was a reschedule and also her SLEC will expire on 8/8. I think that is why mine was auto escalated and scheduled. I have no idea how it works though.

5 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

It's testimonies like that that make me so frustrated with USEM. It's the lack of consistency. It seems to depend squarely on who is reading your request on that day, whether they personally feel sympathetic to your circumstances, if they're in a good mood, etc.

Well you are doing K-1 which is a whole other circumstance and I feel for you.

1 minute ago, RO_AH said:

Have you ever been given an initial interview yet? We had our original interview but missed it due to sputum testing. Ours was a reschedule and also her SLEC will expire on 8/8. I think that is why mine was auto escalated and scheduled. I have no idea how it works though.

Well you are doing K-1 which is a whole other circumstance and I feel for you.

Yes it was back on march 26th but due to sputum, and she has already got her vaccines and all just waiting on reschedule interview.  Our stuff expires 8/7

1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

Yes it was back on march 26th but due to sputum, and she has already got her vaccines and all just waiting on reschedule interview.  Our stuff expires 8/7

That's right. You situation is almost identical to mine. My wife's medical is stamped in her passport as 8/8. All I can say is keep trying. Hopefully they will respond soon. My wife did not pass her interview. We had to send more documentation. The USEM called her yesterday to confirm they got the documents and it is under review. Check your wife's PSA BC. If it is marked as late registration she will need more documentation that is not listed anywhere. I can tell you what you will need.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.