joy717

I-134 for London

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi All

My fiancé has sent his I-134 over to me with supporting documents. He has not been able to get a letter from his employer and only sent a copy of his work contract. He also did not fill in 'n/a' on any empty box on the I-134. His w2 and bank statements are all print offs as he said he cannot get them on headed paper its all paperless. Some of his accounts are also still registered to his mum's house and not his new address. I'm very worried now that we will get refused because to me it just does not follow the instructions as listed on the I-134 site. We are running out of time before the interview to get all this ready. Does anyone have any advice to give on this e.g. fill out and print the I-134 again or just reprint some pages and add n/a. Also would a contract be acceptable over an employer letter?

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

London does allow you to self sponsor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, joy717 said:

Hi All

My fiancé has sent his I-134 over to me with supporting documents. He has not been able to get a letter from his employer and only sent a copy of his work contract. He also did not fill in 'n/a' on any empty box on the I-134. His w2 and bank statements are all print offs as he said he cannot get them on headed paper its all paperless. Some of his accounts are also still registered to his mum's house and not his new address. I'm very worried now that we will get refused because to me it just does not follow the instructions as listed on the I-134 site. We are running out of time before the interview to get all this ready. Does anyone have any advice to give on this e.g. fill out and print the I-134 again or just reprint some pages and add n/a. Also would a contract be acceptable over an employer letter?

thanks

Paperless thru emails can be printed out and W2 is only a short document / our email W2 is only 5 1/2 " by 8 1/2" and no heading is needed as all the information that is needed is on there employer,  employee,  wages,  name of company,  etc.   and your fiancee should have sent you the IRS transcripts as all the information is there and W2 is not needed as IRS confirms it prior to completing tax returns

Email bank statements are 8 x 11 paper size /  i get mine this way

As for mom's address easily explained as he had to fill out all family information on the petition 

Contract letter sounds like maybe  he is self employed and he would get 1099 from employer  not W2  but still the IRS transcripts cover this and they would resolve the issue

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

London is very chill on the I-134. The officer may not even bring it up with you after glancing at it. One proof of income will do it so don’t feel like you need a bunch of ways to show income. They don’t even require a tax return/transcript for a K1 I-134.if you provide other proof. 

5 hours ago, joy717 said:

He also did not fill in 'n/a' on any empty box on the I-134.

Doesn’t matter. Don’t try to fix.

His w2 and bank statements are all print offs as he said he cannot get them on headed paper its all paperles

You don’t need headed paper. Skip the bank statements unless he has no job and you are showing a savings account to qualify on assets.

Some of his accounts are also still registered to his mum's house and not his new address. I'm very worried now that we will get refused because to me it just does not follow the instructions as listed on the I-134 site.

You don’t need the accounts so ease your worries about addresses. You have proof of income without those.  London doesn’t follow the instructions either. Not a big deal. Later when you do adjustment of status with USCIS, you will have another affidavit of support—I-864. It is strict. Read and follow those instructions.

Also would a contract be acceptable over an employer letter?

Yep. Pay slips or the W2 would be a good companion piece to show he actually accepted the contract and is actively employed there.

Your London interview is going to be WAY easier than you are imagining in your head.

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Different process but my parents weren't asked by London about any proof of income or funds - my income or their funds. Weirdly all they cared about was whether I owned or rented - not sure if they pulled a background on me and wanted to compare their answer to it or what. 

• 6 months later...

My Fiancée has obtained a statement from her employer and a breakdown of her wage for the previous two years. She also obtained a statement from the bank which states her account info and her current balance; however, they said they do not provide info on deposits (no idea why) - do you think what we have so far is enough for London?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Ian, my interview was about 6 months ago now and everything went fine. They only really looked at the actual form I-134 not the piles of evidence I took with me. I think they scrutinise the evidence more if you are using a sponsor or close to the minimum salary/savings. I am now doing the AOS and from what I understand the AOS is a more thorough process in regards to finances.

Good luck and try to not to worry too much, I was very nervous and it was all straight forward. The main thing I have seen people have problems with at the London embassy is bringing their short form birth cert instead of the long form and not bringing divorce decrees etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ian88 said:

My Fiancée has obtained a statement from her employer and a breakdown of her wage for the previous two years. She also obtained a statement from the bank which states her account info and her current balance; however, they said they do not provide info on deposits (no idea why) - do you think what we have so far is enough for London?

Thanks

London will be fine with only the employer statement and nothing else.

Or only the latest tax return with W2.

Or only a tax return transcript.

Skip the bank if you have a salary proof.

Make a timeline.

Edited by Wuozopo

On 12/29/2021 at 4:52 PM, Wuozopo said:

London will be fine with only the employer statement and nothing else.

Or only the latest tax return with W2.

Or only a tax return transcript.

Skip the bank if you have a salary proof.

Make a timeline.

Make a timeline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.