A-Adib

K1 Filed Back in November 2020 (Can We Marr)

9 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, A-Adib said:

Hello 

We have a K1 visa filed, and since it is taking a while. We are thinking about getting married in the beneficiary's country. Does that effect the visa at all or not?

Well, since the visa is for unmarried couples, do you think it would?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, A-Adib said:

Hello 

We have a K1 visa filed, and since it is taking a while. We are thinking about getting married in the beneficiary's country. Does that effect the visa at all or not?

You should receive your NOA-2 soon because they are at the end of October. You came this far. Why not wait it out. otherwise you will start all over. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, A-Adib said:

Hello 

If you marry, then your I-129f is immediately voided.  You will have to start from scratch by filing an I-130.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joe Kano said:

Depends on country, It looking like Philippines maybe 2023 before they start back to doing routine K1 Visa interviews

Sure I didn't say approval I just said NOA-2. There are many people still receiving NOA-2 from Philippines and getting stuck at NVC. Now getting an interview at the embassy is another thing. Either way if he gets married and files CR visa he will be at the back of the line. 

2 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Sure I didn't say approval I just said NOA-2. There are many people still receiving NOA-2 from Philippines and getting stuck at NVC. Now getting an interview at the embassy is another thing. Either way if he gets married and files CR visa he will be at the back of the line. 

Some guy recently gave up on waiting for a K1 interview, he got married and was approved in 59 days, So as I said it just depends on the country.  Getting at the back of the short lines is better than waiting in a closed line. 

Edited by Joe Kano

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.