Kofi & Becca

I-130 filled but still no feedback

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kofi & Becca said:

My husband and I filled I-130 back on Nov 5th 2020 since then we have only received a receipt notice stating our payment has been received. Received date, priority date and notice date is all Nov 5th 2020. Nothing else has been sent to us.  We constantly check my USCIS account for updates and still nothing. We know that our service center is Nebraska and we have also been checking the Nebraska processing time on USCIS website which is 2-7 months. We are in our 7 month and still no news. We're quite frustrated at this point. Does anyone else have a similar issue or also experienced a delay in their timeline? I'm a US citizen

I can understand your frustration. Though each case is different, my case took 10 months to get approved, plus another 3-4 months with NVC+USEM. And all of this was before Covid in 2019. So with Covid+Shutdowns the backlog of cases has swelled. Keep being patient, you'll hear something soon.

Timeline

@nastra30 thank you for the encouragement. So happy for you and your endurance and so happy that 6ou finally got approved after what probably felt like a very long time. I will continue to be patient 

20 hours ago, Kofi & Becca said:

just called USCIS and was told our case was not at Nebraska but is in fact is at Potomac.

Same thing happened to us.  Called USCIS after around 8 months of waiting.  Found out our petition had been transferred from Nebraska to Potomac without notice.  Finally got NOA2 almost 11 months after NOA1.  We have no red flags, no RFEs.

Hang in there!

Timeline

@Chancy sorry you also went through something similar but glad to hear you finally got the second NOA. Please keep us updated on your case and hope its coming along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.