Giodude

Transferring K1 cases from Russia to Poland

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 6/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, xxlian said:

I have had emails from the embassy answered through the immigrantvisaswarsaw@state.gov address. It does take a few days to get a response. 

Perfect. thank you for the email address. I will send an email message today to the embassy today!

Timeline

Update,

just received an e-mail from Warsaw Embassy that they approved our petition to transfer the case from Moscow to Warsaw.

The state that if we want to cancel the transfer process, to e-mail that request to a provided e-mail address within two business days.

We are most likely staying with this transfer opportunity, however, I have several questions that I would hope to get some feedback for from the knowledgeable people here.

1. My fiancee, beneficiary, doesn't speak English enough to feel confident to use it during the interview. What are the options? Is it likely there will be a Russian speaking counsel at the embassy, do they allow to hire a translator, or could I attend the interview with her? I wish I could get clarification on this question before the end of this 2 days response time.

2. How can my fiancee travel to Poland if Russian citizens are required to obtain a Schengen Visa, and that is not even a guarantee. Furthermore, I heard some people claim an entrance is possible through Greece (also Schengen country). Is it concievable that Polish embassy can approve Schengen visa specifically to attend an interview at US Consulate in Warsaw?

3.  We have also submitted an expedited processing request through NVC inquiry and NVCexpedite, based on my Covid-related work being in National Interest. However, we haven't hear back. We submitted it on April 24 and were given 15 business days to hear back, but we haven't. in 20 day, we submitted a second expedite inquiry, and the auto-response was 30 days to wait for processing. So, how likely is it that by accepting the transfer of the K 1 application to Poland, we would lose an opportunity to be approved an expedite request, which could possibly come any day...?

Thank you,

Michael. Initial K1 filed in March 2020, NOA2 received in Oct 2020.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, 11sonya said:

Hey, i got approved for transferring my k1 visa case from Moscow to Poland on April 15th. The nvc keeps saying that my case was placed on administrative/additional processing. Poland says that they actually requested the case on April 14th. 
Was anyone else told the same thing by the nvc

Me :(

On 6/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, 11sonya said:

Hey, i got approved for transferring my k1 visa case from Moscow to Poland on April 15th. The nvc keeps saying that my case was placed on administrative/additional processing. Poland says that they actually requested the case on April 14th. 
Was anyone else told the same thing by the nvc

I am in transit now!! I had to call NVC multiple times to get it figured out.  There was some problems with some of the transfers and they got glitched out.  Nikki at the NVC told me this.  I finally got a hold of her and she fixed the error in our case and sent it out.  I called them 8 times and everyone told me "Admin Processing, just wait".  They are wrong.  There's a glitch in certain case numbers and there's a group of like 20 of us that have worked through it.  Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello! Thank you for this thread! My husband is also waiting for an interview in Moscow for his IR-1 visa but that won’t be happening because of this situation and we want to try to transfer to Poland. He does not have a schengen visa. Has anyone transferred their case without a schengen visa? How do you go about that process? I called the polish embassy in Moscow and they told me that having an interview at the us embassy in Poland does not qualify my husband for a schengen visa. 
Any advice helps, thank you. 

Edited by Yuliya.99

On 8/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, Yuliya.99 said:

I called the polish embassy in Moscow and they told me that having an interview at the us embassy in Poland does not qualify my husband for a schengen visa.

If the Polish embassy will not grant your husband a Schengen visa, your husband can try applying at other embassies that also issue Schengen visas, such as the Greek or Latvian embassies.  When he travels on his Schengen visa, his first point of entry should be at the country that issued the visa, then he should make his way to Warsaw from there.

Timeline
On 8/12/2021 at 1:14 AM, Yuliya.99 said:

I called the polish embassy in Moscow and they told me that having an interview at the us embassy in Poland does not qualify my husband for a schengen visa. 
Any advice helps, thank you. 

A lot of people are getting their Schengen visa through Greece. They get their Schengen via Greece and then just transit to Poland this way. Also, I should say that a lot of couples are "booking" hotels in Greece and then cancelling them because they are just using Greece as a layover to get to Poland. So you cancel it to get your money back, but recently I heard Greece picked up on this and now they began to call these hotels to confirm whether you are staying there or not. If you are not, they can cancel your visa. Research this. So far, this has only happened to 2-3 couples out of many. It's something new they began. Many couples are ignoring this and just crossing their fingers they don't stop them.

We began our journey in December 2019 and in less than 2 weeks my fiancee has her interview in Poland. It's been a very difficult road but we are closer to finishing this long journey. 😌

Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 2:53 PM, gm2020 said:

We're trying to transfer from Moscow to Warsaw now. Currently at NVC and haven't heard back from Warsaw. We also are trying for Ukraine.

It's going to take a long time. Trust me. Check your case on CEAC every week. Call them after a month if no updates just to check. They'll give you a new case number beginning with WRW instead of MOS.

Timeline
On 7/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, T1redofthis said:

I am in transit now!! I had to call NVC multiple times to get it figured out.  There was some problems with some of the transfers and they got glitched out.  Nikki at the NVC told me this.  I finally got a hold of her and she fixed the error in our case and sent it out.  I called them 8 times and everyone told me "Admin Processing, just wait".  They are wrong.  There's a glitch in certain case numbers and there's a group of like 20 of us that have worked through it.  Good luck!

Congratulations man! 🥳
That actually sounds scary that a "glitch" could jeopardize something so important. 😳
Update us how everything is going.The transferring part takes time 😩

Timeline
On 6/30/2021 at 4:26 AM, Michael S777 said:

Update,

just received an e-mail from Warsaw Embassy that they approved our petition to transfer the case from Moscow to Warsaw.

The state that if we want to cancel the transfer process, to e-mail that request to a provided e-mail address within two business days.

We are most likely staying with this transfer opportunity, however, I have several questions that I would hope to get some feedback for from the knowledgeable people here.

1. My fiancee, beneficiary, doesn't speak English enough to feel confident to use it during the interview. What are the options? Is it likely there will be a Russian speaking counsel at the embassy, do they allow to hire a translator, or could I attend the interview with her? I wish I could get clarification on this question before the end of this 2 days response time.

2. How can my fiancee travel to Poland if Russian citizens are required to obtain a Schengen Visa, and that is not even a guarantee. Furthermore, I heard some people claim an entrance is possible through Greece (also Schengen country). Is it concievable that Polish embassy can approve Schengen visa specifically to attend an interview at US Consulate in Warsaw?

3.  We have also submitted an expedited processing request through NVC inquiry and NVCexpedite, based on my Covid-related work being in National Interest. However, we haven't hear back. We submitted it on April 24 and were given 15 business days to hear back, but we haven't. in 20 day, we submitted a second expedite inquiry, and the auto-response was 30 days to wait for processing. So, how likely is it that by accepting the transfer of the K 1 application to Poland, we would lose an opportunity to be approved an expedite request, which could possibly come any day...?

Thank you,

Michael. Initial K1 filed in March 2020, NOA2 received in Oct 2020.

Hey any update on your case?
I heard some couples say the officers ask if they want the interview to be in English or Russian. Or if they need a Russian interpreter. I can't confirm this. That's just what I heard.

Almost all couples are getting their Schengen through Greece. Read my previous post.

And all I know is that it's a long process and there is a lot of waiting to do 😪

I got my NOA2 on August 10th.  I made a spreadsheet from looking through timeline data here, and it seems that people who report getting K1 interviews averaged 9.5 months after getting their NOA2.  I have some questions:

1) It seems there is no way to tell how long it will be from NOA2 to interview in Moscow, other than just reports from other people going through the process, right?  Or does the embassy publish any sort of information about how many are waiting in line?

2) My fiancee got a schengen visa to Spain a couple years back.  We have a child together now so I am not sure if it's more difficult to get a 2nd schengen visa now with the child situation and the COVID situation?  Any ideas?

3) Can I request transfer to Poland as soon as I have my NOA2 or do I need to wait a few weeks until I get a case number from the NVC before transferring?

4) If I do transfer to Poland, it seems people are saying they are getting interviews within a month or so after the transfer is approved.  Is that right?  My concern is transferring to Poland and then having an 8 month wait there vs. a 9 month wait just leaving things in Moscow.  Any comments on the timeline for Poland?

Timeline
On 8/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, Giodude said:

I heard some couples say the officers ask if they want the interview to be in English or Russian. Or if they need a Russian interpreter. I can't confirm this. That's just what I heard.

Almost all couples are getting their Schengen through Greece. Read my previous post.

And all I know is that it's a long process and there is a lot of waiting to do 😪

On 8/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, Giodude said:

We scheduled the interview in Warsaw for the end of October.

Once the Consulate in Poland agreed to take our case, it was a matter of weeks before everything moved and got approved.

Yes, my fiance is planning to get the Schengen through Greece and do a medical in Poland instead of Belarus.

She will need to find an interpreter or maybe I can fly to be at the interview, we haven't figured that plan out yet. I hear the embassy doesn't offer interviews in Russian officially, but there were few exceptions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Michael S777 said:

We scheduled the interview in Warsaw for the end of October.

Once the Consulate in Poland agreed to take our case, it was a matter of weeks before everything moved and got approved.

Yes, my fiance is planning to get the Schengen through Greece and do a medical in Poland instead of Belarus.

She will need to find an interpreter or maybe I can fly to be at the interview, we haven't figured that plan out yet. I hear the embassy doesn't offer interviews in Russian officially, but there were few exceptions.

Wow that is faster than I expected! So exciting. Hope everything goes well. My husband also doesn’t speak English and I also heard you can ask for an interpreter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.