mark1049

CEAC Status changed to Refused - But we haven't interviewed yet?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello--

I did a search for this topic, and didn't find anything.  So please forgive me if this question has already been asked.  We are August 2019 filers.  Unfortunately, the embassy closed the day following our medical screening in March 2020.  We have been waiting to be able to schedule an interview ever since.  I noticed in March of this year, that our CEAC status had changed to Expired.  Now, today (3.9.21) our status changed to Refused.  Everything that I can find addresses this status with administrative processing following the interview.  But we have not interviewed yet.  I did find a couple of posts on FB that stated that this was part of the expedited process, but we haven't applied for an expedite.  I did ask the embassy a couple of months ago about escalating our case, but have not heard anything besides the 2 changes in CEAC status.  At this point, Expired and Refused are very stress inducing words.  (I wish the embassy would just answer the simple inquiries!).  I am hoping (as I have read in a few places) that this is part of the process??  Is there anyone that can shed light on this?  Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There have been other topics on this in this forum regarding the REFUSED status on CEAC, if you do a look through old topic you may find your answer.

For the most part it is not anything to worry about.  Contact the embassy (call center may not be up to full staff so email or skype may be your better choice).   There are probably thousands dealing with this status issue because of the beer virus.

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 854-882-23, (632) 779-289-88.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:  support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
23 hours ago, mark1049 said:

Hello--

I did a search for this topic, and didn't find anything.  So please forgive me if this question has already been asked.  We are August 2019 filers.  Unfortunately, the embassy closed the day following our medical screening in March 2020.  We have been waiting to be able to schedule an interview ever since.  I noticed in March of this year, that our CEAC status had changed to Expired.  Now, today (3.9.21) our status changed to Refused.  Everything that I can find addresses this status with administrative processing following the interview.  But we have not interviewed yet.  I did find a couple of posts on FB that stated that this was part of the expedited process, but we haven't applied for an expedite.  I did ask the embassy a couple of months ago about escalating our case, but have not heard anything besides the 2 changes in CEAC status.  At this point, Expired and Refused are very stress inducing words.  (I wish the embassy would just answer the simple inquiries!).  I am hoping (as I have read in a few places) that this is part of the process??  Is there anyone that can shed light on this?  Thank you.

In the past 12 months our CEAC status has changed from Ready- Refused- Expired- Refused- Expired.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

In the past 12 months our CEAC status has changed from Ready- Refused- Expired- Refused- Expired.

This makes me feel better. I had fears of having to start from square 1 (although we would do it if we had to). Thank you for the response.

Timeline

So not long after I posted this, we received an email from the embassy saying that we now have an appointment for an interview!  Our CEAC status is still 'Refused', lol.  It is a fact that the CEAC status matters not at this point.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, mark1049 said:

So not long after I posted this, we received an email from the embassy saying that we now have an appointment for an interview!  Our CEAC status is still 'Refused', lol.  It is a fact that the CEAC status matters not at this point.

What were your circumstances for getting an expedited interview?

Timeline

You know, we did not even apply for an expedited interview, as we had not the criteria (so I thought) to be able to get approval for one.  The best I can figure is that they are going thru the 2019/expired cases, and giving interviews.  We were shocked to receive the email.

Edited by mark1049

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mark1049 said:

You know, we did not even apply for an expedited interview, as we had not the criteria (so I thought) to be able to get approval for one.  The best I can figure is that they are going thru the 2019/expired cases, and giving interviews.  We were shocked to receive the email.

We filed 7/2019. I'll have to contact them. 

Timeline

Add:  Although recently I had sent emails to the embassy (when our status was 'Expired') letting them know that we were still interested in pursuing our case.  I also requested reinstatement.  After I sent maybe 2 or 3 of these emails is when all the weird status stuff started happening.  Then, 2-3 later, we received the email.

Timeline
Just now, mark1049 said:

Add:  Although recently I had sent emails to the embassy (when our status was 'Expired') letting them know that we were still interested in pursuing our case.  I also requested reinstatement.  After I sent maybe 2 or 3 of these emails is when all the weird status stuff started happening.  Then, 2-3 later, we received the email.

When did you file

Timeline
Just now, Commish10 said:

We filed 7/2019. I'll have to contact them. 

Yes!  That is what seemed to get the ball rolling for us.  8/19 here.

Just now, Commish10 said:

When did you file

8/19

Timeline
1 minute ago, mark1049 said:

Yes!  That is what seemed to get the ball rolling for us.  8/19 here.

8/19

when did they schedule. I'm just interested in how much lead time they are giving you

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

when did they schedule. I'm just interested in how much lead time they are giving you

A little over 2 weeks.  Received the email 6/10 for an appointment on 7/1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.