minions2

proof of domicile

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

after submitting all the documents in ceac website, we got this message: (mom's name) might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile. For more information on domicile requirements, visit https://nvc.state.gov/fin. 

my mom is petitioning my brother, she is currently in the Philippines with re entry permit. that is her 2nd re entry permit. she does not have bank account, she never worked here, she lives with me. I still have minor half siblings in the Phils so she kinda travel back and forth. she was still in the USA when she filed for the petition but it took over 2 yrs to be approved. 

would the petition be denied? we are waiting for the interview but we got the message. 

Edited by minions2

15 minutes ago, minions2 said:

would the petition be denied? we are waiting for the interview but we got the message. 

If the case is already at NVC, then the petition has already been approved.  But your brother will not get an immigrant visa from the US embassy until your mom shows credible intent to re-establish domicile in the US.  You said your mom travels back and forth.  Does she have a house in the US?

9 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If the case is already at NVC, then the petition has already been approved.  But your brother will not get an immigrant visa from the US embassy until your mom shows credible intent to re-establish domicile in the US.  You said your mom travels back and forth.  Does she have a house in the US?

No house. She lives with me whenever she comes here

5 minutes ago, minions2 said:

No house. She lives with me whenever she comes here

Any US documents showing your address as also being your mom's address?  State ID?  Bills in your mom's name?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, minions2 said:

after submitting all the documents in ceac website, we got this message: (mom's name) might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile. For more information on domicile requirements, visit https://nvc.state.gov/fin. 

my mom is petitioning my brother, she is currently in the Philippines with re entry permit. that is her 2nd re entry permit. she does not have bank account, she never worked here, she lives with me. I still have minor half siblings in the Phils so she kinda travel back and forth. she was still in the USA when she filed for the petition but it took over 2 yrs to be approved. 

If you mom can not provide proof of domicile in the USA then YES the visa would be denied.

This link should provide the information needed.

https://citizenpath.com/proof-of-domicile-i-864/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, minions2 said:

how will I know if the visa got denied? will there be a letter?

At what stage is your brother's case?  Is the case already DQ?  Has your brother already interviewed at the embassy?  There can be no visa denial prior to interview.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:59 AM, Chancy said:

At what stage is your brother's case?  Is the case already DQ?  Has your brother already interviewed at the embassy?  There can be no visa denial prior to interview.

what is DQ? no interview. it just says " due to numerical limitations petition not eligible for further processing...." I think he over overaged already.

16 minutes ago, minions2 said:

what is DQ? no interview.

DQ = Documentarily Qualified

If your brother's case is not scheduled for interview yet, then your mom has lots of time to establish residence in the US prior to his interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.