Lackeisha876

Documentarily Qualified petitions waiting for an Interview at the US embassy Jamaica

57 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

How long wait for interview is that after DQ?my consulate is not in Jamaica!

You were advised in your thread to check timelines from your country because the wait time from DQ to interview depends on the backlog at your embassy/consulate.  This is the thread for Jamaica.  The interview timeline of the folks in this thread would not be indicative of the timeline for your non-Jamaica case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/11/2021 at 3:48 PM, Lackeisha876 said:

Congrats! All the best moving forward. You only got one month's notice for the interview?

Actually less than that because my husband didn't have 14 days to quarantine. We still waiting on the visa do to medical hold up. Praying this is the last week. But other seemed to move swifty as long all documents and medical done prior to interview. I wasn't as lucky. Blessings 

Future wife of LGF

A smile goes a long way.

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Received another letter from NVC reminding us we are DQ'd and currently waiting on an interview date. The interview or next notice will be within the next 60 days...aka 2022. 😪

Timeline
2 hours ago, poolaye86 said:

Received another letter from NVC reminding us we are DQ'd and currently waiting on an interview date. The interview or next notice will be within the next 60 days...aka 2022. 😪

Trust me, that email means nothing. I've gotten it twice now. They'll just keep sending it until the embassy decides to do their jobs and conduct interviews.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, Spirit96 said:

I recieved less than a month notice regarding the interview. My husband went but couldn't go into the embassy bc of the 14 quarantine. His friend went with the kids. Now it's a waiting game on the visa. Pray DHL email us soon. 

Hello @Spirit96 do you know what's required to prove to the embassy that  you have been in quarantine for 14 days, ? I saw that they required a documented quarantine 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/8/2021 at 8:02 AM, Lackeisha876 said:

I called the JM embassy just now. Got a prompt response. No IVR. I was advised that they are clearing up the backlog in Jamaica and once that is done, the NVC will send the cases they have there waiting. Based on her conversation, It would seem they've been working the cases and increasing the number of cases they interact with. I can't speak to any category but the individual mentioned that they are working on all IV cases and that they are almost through clearing the JM backlog. That is sorta good news but still such a long way to go. I'm really trying my best to be patient but it has been eight years. My goodness. I don't know about anyone else, but this process has affected my mental health a great deal and I am just ready for the silver lining. 

Lord knows that NVC backlog is going to be another hurdle but I would still prefer to hear that they have moved on to it. Sigh tears

I  am baffled as to why this process has to take this long! Seriously, on average I have noticed that most applicants for F1 take a minimum of 6 years just to even get approved by USCIS and then the NVC stage is another year and a half or two years just to even complete that stage. After which then comes the embassy and it all comes down to how fast they move. This system is broken, sigh. Mentally its very draining and I really do wonder if this process really takes this long. 

22 minutes ago, Willip57 said:

I  am baffled as to why this process has to take this long! Seriously, on average I have noticed that most applicants for F1 take a minimum of 6 years just to even get approved by USCIS and then the NVC stage is another year and a half or two years just to even complete that stage. After which then comes the embassy and it all comes down to how fast they move. This system is broken, sigh. Mentally its very draining and I really do wonder if this process really takes this long. 

The approval takes so long because there is no rush to do it. The reason there’s no rush to do it is that a visa cannot be issued anyway until the priority date for the petition is current, and that takes about 6 or 7 years (most of the wait at NVC is the wait for the priority date to be current and then for an interview slot to open up at the relevant embassy). The reason it takes so long for the priority date to be current is that this category is by law limited to an annual quota and the waitlist is very long. That is all always the case. Then added on to that right now is a long wait for a slot to open up at the embassies because of the Covid shutdowns and the trump ban on all F-category immigrant visas that was in place for almost a year.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

The approval takes so long because there is no rush to do it. The reason there’s no rush to do it is that a visa cannot be issued anyway until the priority date for the petition is current, and that takes about 6 or 7 years (most of the wait at NVC is the wait for the priority date to be current and then for an interview slot to open up at the relevant embassy). The reason it takes so long for the priority date to be current is that this category is by law limited to an annual quota and the waitlist is very long. 

My problem is that I would love to get married but if I do, my case will move from the F1 category to F3 I think. The everlasting waiting isn't good and at some point we all want to enjoy our lives before God calls us home. My PD is December 2016 and that looks like a good way off before I even get pass NVC let alone reach the embassy. Thank you for the info, well appreciated.

Just now, Willip57 said:

My problem is that I would love to get married but if I do, my case will move from the F1 category to F3 I think. The everlasting waiting isn't good and at some point we all want to enjoy our lives before God calls us home. My PD is December 2016 and that looks like a good way off before I even get pass NVC let alone reach the embassy. Thank you for the info, well appreciated.

All the same factors apply for F3 other than, the wait is even longer because the queue is even longer. You can wait till yoi get your green card then marry and apply for your wife under F2A. The upside is that it will get both of you there faster than F3, the downside is that will probably mean about a 2 year separation while the F2A is processed.

• 4 months later...

I am faced with a similar situation, F2B DQ since March 2021 with 2 60 days letter so far. I spoke with someone who have received 4 such letters, January month end will make it their 5th. The wait time has long been unbearable and must be resolved soon. People cannot continue to have their lives on pause waiting in vain to rejoin family. I am the last of my siblings to migrate, just because I was over 21.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.