goldi99

221g issued to Fiancee in India

11 posts in this topic

I have applied for my fiancee under the K-1 visa. My fiancee had her interview in the Indian Embassy. The counsular issued her a 221g notice. The notice asks for a list of both her and my relatives in both India and the US. It seems the counsular didn't believe our relationship was genuine, despite the evidence she presented. My question is has anyone encountered this issue before or have knowledge of something like this. If so, do you know what this means, how long it may take, can they send the case back to the US for further review? Or any other information will be appreciated. Another piece of information, they did ask her to submit this information along with her passport to the embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Goldi99

First off getting a 221(g) is not uncommon and once you submit the information that they are asking for they will continue the processing on your K1 file. I have seen several requests for information on family members in the USA and India and once they verify or look at the list they are satisfied. If they are still not satisifed they can ask for more information at the embassy level. Not all cases are sent back to the USA for review and each case and each CO handles their cases differently at the same embassy. Asking for her passport is a good sign and looks like they are just finalizing their processing. Just be patient and no one can tell you how long this final processing will take.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thanks to mary for this valuable post she has always been a big source of help n also she has been keeping an update n helpful to those who have the aps going on :thumbs:

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I have applied for my fiancee under the K-1 visa. My fiancee had her interview in the Indian Embassy. The counsular issued her a 221g notice. The notice asks for a list of both her and my relatives in both India and the US. It seems the counsular didn't believe our relationship was genuine, despite the evidence she presented. My question is has anyone encountered this issue before or have knowledge of something like this. If so, do you know what this means, how long it may take, can they send the case back to the US for further review? Or any other information will be appreciated. Another piece of information, they did ask her to submit this information along with her passport to the embassy.

My fiance went thru the same thing, they asked for additional information along with her passport, 2 weeks later she got her passport back saying the petition expired, they didnt believe the relationship and it was sent back. So find out how you can get the petition to be extended(revalidated).

When was her petiton approved at the service center?

K1 Visa Timeline :

07-27-2007- Sent out I-129f

08-07-2007 : Received NOA1

12-23-2007 : NOA2 approved

12-27-2007 : NVC Received

01-10-2008 : Case forwarded to New Delhi Embassy by NVC.

01-14-2008 : New Delhi Embassy received our file from NVC.

01-24-2008 : Submitted Packet 3 at New Delhi Embassy.

02-06-2008 : Submitted docs at VFS.

02-21-2008 : Interview- visa was approved pending security.

02-25-2008 : Called NVC and they said Visa is approved. VFS- they didnt get it yet.

02-27-2008: Visa in HAND!!!!

03-08-2007: Arrived at POE(JFK)

May 12-2008- Got the Marriage License

May 19-2008- Married!!!

AOS

06-06-2008 Mailed out AOS

06-08-2008 Delivered to Lockbox

06-16-2008 NOA for EAD, AP, AOS(dated June 12)

06-28-2008 Biometrics done!

Her petition expired in June, a week after her interview, I had called the embassy before then and was told that the CO will automatically revalidate the petition. So, I hope they do that.

What did you end up doing after they sent back your petition?

Thanks a lot for everyone's help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Her petition expired in June, a week after her interview, I had called the embassy before then and was told that the CO will automatically revalidate the petition. So, I hope they do that.

What did you end up doing after they sent back your petition?

Thanks a lot for everyone's help.

My fiances petition expired June 6, 2 weeks after the interview. My fiance got her passport back June 18, with a letter saying it will be sent back to NVC. I called up and my cpngressman called up, they said it was sent back June 15. 3 seperate emails were sent to them from me and they never gave me the diplomatic pouch number instead sending some generic response. What was the exact date it expired?

Now I am waiting for it come back to US. It sucks! Going to india for 5 days in sept to see her.

K1 Visa Timeline :

07-27-2007- Sent out I-129f

08-07-2007 : Received NOA1

12-23-2007 : NOA2 approved

12-27-2007 : NVC Received

01-10-2008 : Case forwarded to New Delhi Embassy by NVC.

01-14-2008 : New Delhi Embassy received our file from NVC.

01-24-2008 : Submitted Packet 3 at New Delhi Embassy.

02-06-2008 : Submitted docs at VFS.

02-21-2008 : Interview- visa was approved pending security.

02-25-2008 : Called NVC and they said Visa is approved. VFS- they didnt get it yet.

02-27-2008: Visa in HAND!!!!

03-08-2007: Arrived at POE(JFK)

May 12-2008- Got the Marriage License

May 19-2008- Married!!!

AOS

06-06-2008 Mailed out AOS

06-08-2008 Delivered to Lockbox

06-16-2008 NOA for EAD, AP, AOS(dated June 12)

06-28-2008 Biometrics done!

Were there any obvious red flags :

a. Like the duration of your relationship.

b. Age Difference between the 2 of you.

c. Were there any questions the CO might have asked during the interview that they suspected ?

Timeline
Were there any obvious red flags :

a. Like the duration of your relationship.

b. Age Difference between the 2 of you.

c. Were there any questions the CO might have asked during the interview that they suspected ?

other things constituting red flags like different religion, female 15 yrs or ,more older than the male , more than 2-3 marriages with kids , age proof not sufficient n tallying coz it may be notarised age proof n not the original birth certificate ,

p.s the original birth certificate from mci with name , age , fathers name imprinted is a very big eveidence for persons identity .

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I would advise you to try to contact the Embassy to determine the precise reason for issuing the 221g. If you are able to visit the Embassy, do so, as you will get more information out of them that way.

Also, confirm to make sure the petition was revalidated before they let it expire and return it back.

In the mean time, get the list complete ASAP and get it back to the Embassy. Also, look over your entire application and what your fiancee provided to see if there were any gaps.

Timeline
I would advise you to try to contact the Embassy to determine the precise reason for issuing the 221g. If you are able to visit the Embassy, do so, as you will get more information out of them that way.

Also, confirm to make sure the petition was revalidated before they let it expire and return it back.

In the mean time, get the list complete ASAP and get it back to the Embassy. Also, look over your entire application and what your fiancee provided to see if there were any gaps.

100 % agree with you

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Goldi99

First off getting a 221(g) is not uncommon and once you submit the information that they are asking for they will continue the processing on your K1 file. I have seen several requests for information on family members in the USA and India and once they verify or look at the list they are satisfied. If they are still not satisifed they can ask for more information at the embassy level. Not all cases are sent back to the USA for review and each case and each CO handles their cases differently at the same embassy. Asking for her passport is a good sign and looks like they are just finalizing their processing. Just be patient and no one can tell you how long this final processing will take.

Yes, I agree with Mary. She knows a lot about this issue.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.